PDA

View Full Version : Cars!!!

snwbrdr913
08-11-2002, 11:39 PM
OMG OMG MY MOM SAYS I CAN PICK A CAR OUT OF THE TOYOTA SUBARU LOT AND I NARROWED IT DOWN TO 2 CARS!!! AHHHHH!!! WHICH ONE WHICH ONE WHICH ONE?!?!?!?!?

subbeh
08-11-2002, 11:53 PM
First of all, WRX all the way. Have you driven the factory pimped out celica? It's slow, and the shifter feels all wierd. WRX all the way... seriously.

Second, you are extremely spoiled. And no, I'm not kidding. If you are not paying insurance or some car payments or SOMETHING then your parents are neglecting to teach you responsibility. And yes, I am jealous.

snwbrdr913
08-12-2002, 12:06 AM
Im just a sexy *****

netjunk1e
08-12-2002, 01:02 AM
I would get the WRX. I got a friend that let me drive his and all i can say is they are quick and handle great! I love that is is AWD also. They are one of the best sports cars for the money. Oh and the people who think you are spoiled are just jelous. All my friends think that I am because my parents got me a car, bow its no WRX but is a nice Explorer. I could have had a better car but he had to get another Vette(and there goes my college also:) )

Curly
08-12-2002, 02:31 AM
If you dont buy the wrx over the celica i am flying to ohio and smacking some sense into you. lol just kidding, but the wrx is definitely a much better and faster car.

Gotenks
08-12-2002, 01:54 PM
dude, don't let your parents spoil you.....

get a hachi-roku ;) ;) ;)

or hachi-go HAHAHA!!! Those are hard as hell to find.

but yeah I guess go with the wrx....

rhetor22
08-12-2002, 05:03 PM
wrx is a much better car...

you are either a very very very good son, or your parents a bit too generous. :rolleyes:

i def don't think its a good idea to be giving your son a sports car for his first car... maybe they don't like you all that much :eek:

paintbattler
08-12-2002, 08:44 PM
depends on what year

InfinatyBPS
08-12-2002, 08:58 PM
Dude, your parents are buying you a car and you are just barely 14? I'm going to be 16 and my parents are going to give me a 1985 S10 IF I pay insurance and registration... and that is like after I get my license, you aren't even old enough to get a permit... and you get a brand new car?
Anyways... Suberu, better car and ya... but the Toyota looks cooler...

Gitaroo Man
08-12-2002, 10:14 PM
omg i hate you, i want a WRX soooo BAD!!

Zumina
08-12-2002, 10:50 PM
The new Celicas are major girl cars, go for the WRX!

RTGuy86
08-13-2002, 12:22 AM
get the WRX.
you are a lucky kid. i had to pay for everything i got on my car(69 GTO) and insurance.

paintslinger
08-13-2002, 01:28 AM
yea really this is a no brainer. come on AWD TURBOED WRX or a none turboed fwd celica? WRX by a long shot...

RetroEclipseMan
08-13-2002, 01:29 AM
I say forget about the wrx and the celica and get the new vw golf R32.It's all-wheel drive just like the wrx, may not have the bigger engine but for $200 you can get the chip for the 1.8L Turbo which will put you over 200hp at the wheels which is way more than the wrx. I just gotta represent the dubs what can i say. I am jealous though.

paintslinger
08-13-2002, 02:35 AM
aaaah watch out its Zee germans

Mango
08-13-2002, 10:22 AM
AMEN RETRO!!! :D

FooTemps
08-13-2002, 02:40 PM
They don't have an old model supra on the lot then huh? I'd pick the wrx if I were you

paintslinger
08-13-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
They don't have an old model supra on the lot then huh? I'd pick the wrx if I were you

w00t w00t 3rd gen supras rock...just gottta watch out for those bhgs

LittleKrems
08-13-2002, 03:07 PM
wrx + dirt tires + off roadin' rally action

Jonno06
08-13-2002, 03:11 PM
WRX WRX WRX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im 16,and i dont even have my learners permit yet:(

but im getting a honda CRX!!!!!...w00t!

and yes,im paying for it ALL my self..

rhetor22
08-13-2002, 05:48 PM
factory turbo cars tell me something...

(i'm into displacement yada yada yada)

hope you drive safely with it. I don't mean drive slow because obviously with a WRX you aren't going to so i won't even try it.

nice car.

you paying for insurance? might be a bit higher than usual with a wrx...

have fun.

Gotenks
08-13-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Jonno06
WRX WRX WRX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im 16,and i dont even have my learners permit yet:(

but im getting a honda CRX!!!!!...w00t!

and yes,im paying for it ALL my self..

I just got a integra, im 16, but instead of saving up $5000 for it, my parents got it, and I'm going to pay them over time, otherwise I probably would have to get a crappy car or not get my integra till like near the end of my senior year.

I already lowered it, and my friend gave me this intake, probably no gain, but it sounds cool now :D

FooTemps
08-13-2002, 09:04 PM
What springs you use on it to lower it? If you're getting a body kit i'd say be careful with what you're getting or you're gonna have scratches all over your kit before 3 months with a lowered car. (Yes, my brother, and cousins have had that happen to them)

Zumina
08-13-2002, 10:15 PM
got any pics of your Integra?

dio91
08-13-2002, 10:37 PM
ah man you blow, lol. My parents bought a '94 Honda Accord EX for like 4, but I have to pay for License, Driving Classes, Permit, Tests, Insurance, which is cool and all but you dont have to pay poooooooop.

dio

-Xugg-
08-14-2002, 12:27 AM
My brother is selling his 1995 BMW M3 with sport package and 81K on it for $19,000

If anyones intrested just ask, i've got lots of pics

-Xugg-
08-14-2002, 12:44 AM
My brother is selling his 1995 BMW M3 with sport package and 81K on it for $19,000

If anyones intrested just ask, i've got lots of pics

Gotenks
08-14-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Zumina
got any pics of your Integra?

Yeah, I don't have a digital camera, I used regular kodak film, im going to get one of those picture disks when I get it developed.

I was wondering, when you get one of those kodak photo discs, how good are your pictures?

Originally posted by FooTemps
What springs you use on it to lower it? If you're getting a body kit i'd say be careful with what you're getting or you're gonna have scratches all over your kit before 3 months with a lowered car. (Yes, my brother, and cousins have had that happen to them)

It has neuspeed springs. I need to get new shocks.

I don't need to worry about a body kit, I don't plan on getting one. I would only buy one for increased downforce in the front, while decreasing the coefficient of drag. Since I can't get a genuine mugen kit who makes aerodynamics with thousands of dollars in research and wind tunnel testing, no body kit for my car :D

RetroEclipseMan
08-14-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Gotenks

It has neuspeed springs. I need to get new shocks.

That's funny. All my friends that have lowered their cars by just the springs and not the shocks and struts as well all need new shocks and struts after like 3 months of having them on there. BTW what kind of dud do you have sprayingmang? I got a '91 gti that's for sale right now. Looking for an A2 Jetta Coupe now.

FooTemps
08-14-2002, 02:30 AM
if i do anything to my suspention i'm probably gonna get coilovers and adjustable shocks and a rear sway bar.

Zumina
08-14-2002, 06:33 AM
KYB AGXs or KONIs are great buys.

AutoMaggot
08-14-2002, 10:55 AM
You wont be gettin' an STi unless you feel like traveling to Europe or Japan and having one shipped over.

However, with about another $10,000 dumped into an American WRX, you can make it look and ride like one... it'll take a bigger turbo, a bit of a different ground-effect package, and some exhaust/emmissions work.

Overall, the WRX is a better choice... Toyota is coming out with an ADW Turbo'd Celica... but the herritage of the WRX speaks for itself.

We just threw 2 12" HE2s and a Rockford 700s into a 2K2 WRX at my work, and it was SO ****ING LOUD! It was a peach to install too :)

banzaimf
08-14-2002, 01:08 PM
Retro. Nice choice with one minor drawback. As of yet, VW has not announced that any sales of the r32 in North America. When they do, the GTI goes to my GF. Side note, there is a rumor that a 250+ hp 4motion golf bodied car may be available in 2k5, not as an r32. This is part of their "upmarketing" attempt. Also, the price of a r32 overseas is running around 35k usd

As far as lowering. I just installed a H&R Cupkit that lowered my GTI by about 1 3/4". The great thing about cupkits is that you get springs and struts in one package.

For you honda guys, http://www.atomicautosport.com/ has tokico spring and strut sets for 370.

Forgot to say... Get the WRX

RetroEclipseMan
08-14-2002, 01:26 PM
Yeah I know, it sucks that canada got all of them(I believe there were like 25 or something). I was just about to get bilstein shocks and struts with H&R springs but found out from my body shop that the car has some serious structural damage that was there before i got it and it can't be fixed so I basically have to scrap the car but I'm looking for an A2 Jetta Coupe that I can swap everything into. Do you belong to the vortex banzaimf? It's the best online vw community there is besides the MK 4 forums, (those guys are only about body styln'it seems like and don't really know too much) reminds me a lot of this forum.

snwbrdr913
08-15-2002, 12:25 AM
for you honda guys... our prayers go out to you. Unless you have mugen upgrades