PDA

View Full Version : I survived the IAO

JEDI
08-12-2002, 10:43 AM
Well, after fully stocking our Motel 6 room with all the beer we could pack into it(typical Jersey boys), friday morning we headed out for the fair grounds. My freind Tom and I were the first of our group to get to Pittsburg. As I walked through the parking lot, I saw the gigantic DYE tent rise over the horizon and I knew I would be in heaven for the next three days.
I went right in and got my very own autographed Keely Watson poster. The look on my face when she hugged me for a picture together, is priceless! Man she's hot!
Then I walked through the larger white tent, and Tom and I proceeded to stuff tons of stickers in our pockets. I was somehow drawn to the AGD tent and I no clue where it was. It was completely rediculous to see Tom Kaye in the flesh. What a nice guy. I shook his hand and then said "Hello god, nice to meet you."
My friend Tom eventually walked away, only to come back several times over an hour or so, to find me just standing there drooling. He was just jealous Bob Long wasn't there. (stupid Timmy fan).
Passing by the WDP tent was humorous. Some one ought to tell that company they're ridiculous. It was like I was 18 again walking through a bad rave. I started having flashbacks when all the body glittered chicks walks past me. But, there was hope, THE KAPP TENT CAME NEXT!
Another highlite was meeting Lisa Harvey. She's even hotter in person! (big deal, I like hot chicks). After I had her autograph everything in site, and emptied a roll of film, we stood and talked for a while as she helped me install my new Kapp swing trigger on my new WGP vert feed cocker(they were cheep so I had to get one). She is one very nice, very down to earth person. She's gotta one hell of a party girl.
I'll get all these pics up eventually. Saturday night was a blast. We had a little "pre-party :D " back at our room, then drank our faces off at the Four Points bar while we rubbed elbows with more P-ballers.
I'll rap this up here, and get back to the rest of the "stuff" later. This place was a blast. There was so much to pack into our week end. I would definitely recomend the IAO to any one who missed it.

Mango
08-12-2002, 10:55 AM
Amen Jedi!! I can't wait for next year!!!! haha. I don't recall, did we get to chat?? Forgive me I met so many people.

Havoc_online
08-12-2002, 11:57 AM
I remember you jedi! you are weak with the force, you have strayed from the light side, but you can still be saved!!!!!

Bob Long was there, he coached the U.S.A. team...

MrAirgunRT
08-12-2002, 12:01 PM
I BARELY survived IAO.. :rolleyes:

JEDI
08-12-2002, 01:41 PM
Mango, I recall talking to you, but I dont think we introduced each other. I know everyone I met at the AGD booth was very nice. All you guys rock. After sitting with Tom K. and Budd Orr, I couldn't resist getting a Red vert feed cocker. I felt like I was missing something owning both a Mag and of course like 10 Tippmanns. A cocker just seemed natural. Too bad I knopw nothing about them, and the learning will start all over. "What's a 3 way coupler?:p"
Any way, on with the story. The X-ball games were interesting. The format was preety cool. 10 min "running time" games. The last game could be a 15 sec game...that's crazy. Your coach can throw in a towel at any time as a stretegic move? Spectators coaching/ yelling from the sidelines? I didn't like that. I think it alters the game too much.
Did i mention I hugged Lisa Harvey? I was happy to sit and listen to Tom talk to his AO people and watch girls from the tent behind AGD spraying each other with water guns!
You never what you'll find at the IAO. After walking the expo for 4 hours and burning a hole in my wallet, it was time to watch some motor cross. This was good stuff. These guys really gotta be nuts! Flying on a 500lb bike in the superman position and landing perfectly. Thats talent.
Even the weather couldn't be better. The heat took its toll on us a little. I was absolutely sweating beer at one point, all all the Angel girls walking around didn't help. MAN! DID YOU SEE THOSE SYNDICATE GIRLS! OMG!
Well, what did I miss? BMX, National's tent was nice, plenty of guns to hold and drool over. I could have stood at the Odyssey tent all day playing with there ball feeder gizmo! It just kept going! The food was good, on recomendation frame AGD jon, I got chicken ka bob, and fresh squeezed lemon ade! Good stuff!
If I went to the Dye tent 20 times just to see Keely, does that make me a stalker?

Dayspring
08-12-2002, 02:07 PM
In a word- yes. :D Either that, or you have good taste in women.

Originally posted by JEDI

If I went to the Dye tent 20 times just to see Keely, does that make me a stalker?

08-12-2002, 03:34 PM
All I know is that my dad was running around all day with my Dog romancing all the women. :rolleyes:

Clare
08-12-2002, 03:41 PM
All I know is that my dad was running around all day with my Dog romancing all the women.

well I must say that it sure did work! hehe