PDA

View Full Version : My Tournament Experience at IAO!

Mango
08-12-2002, 10:50 AM
Well, I had the opportunity to play with an excellent team at IAO. Dropzone Dyslexic Dogs from Kansas. They are a pretty well known team and have been around for a long time, and thier captain, Galin Adams, is a genius on the field for lack of a better word. These guys trusted me enough to pick me up for the 3 man, and I will forever be greatful for it. I learned more from them in 2 days than in the last year of playing on the field. Trial by fire I guess. haha. But I did my best to not let them down, and our first day we swept every team we played against. There were a couple rough times, but overall our first day was fantastic. We finished with 771 out of 800 total points, and were 3rd overall.

Semi's the next day were a totally different story. Our first game was against S.P.O.R.E.S. and WOW did they rock us hard. Excellent team, great guys, very sporstmanship like and everything. They were our first game of the day and the 3 of us were not prepared for the onslaught that awaited us. After those two games, we almost had a stalemate with the next team, but I snap shot the last two players the first game. Then we switched sides and I made the stupidest n00b move ever by not haveing a timer and not knowing if the last guy was hit or not, so I was slow in grabbing the flag. I still don't forgive myself for it, and was so mad at myself for the rest of the day.

But live and learn I guess. The last game of the day was fun and we just went nuts cause it dident matter. The skinny kid tried to just run straight through while grabbing the flag and almost made it, the flag was about 8 feet from the wall. haha. I tried to redeem myself by takeing out the everyone (almost did it) the first game, then the second game got them all. Snap shot one, bunkered one then the last guy was out on a 1 for 1 cause the guy I bunkered wasent too happy and turned and shot me.

But I have to thank AGD Jon for setting me up with these guys. It was a once in a lifetime thing I think and I will forever be greatful. I dont have a ton of pics, but these are nice.

http://teamblackcell.com/sprayingmango/Dyslexic%20Dogs.jpg
Galin, me and Adam.

http://teamblackcell.com/sprayingmango/TheBreak.jpg
Us off the break.

http://teamblackcell.com/sprayingmango/WarpLean.jpg
Warp Lean goodness.

felony
08-12-2002, 10:59 AM
looks like fun, wish i was there to see all the booths..lol

anywho, your last picture and the warp lean goodness. it looks like you are right handed, do you shoot lefty anymore? or do you lean and shoot righty?

ive read that being able to lean left and shoot righty is solved by the warp. if this really works, id like to get one for obvious reasons and because i have a wack job trying to shoot lefty, at least for the first few shots which usually count.

dan

Mango
08-12-2002, 11:05 AM
That pic is great for that reason. I just leaned it right over and problem solved, its even better coming around the right side of the bunker. A few times I had my marker totally sideways. I blasted a guy in this giant spider on one field by laying my marker on the ground. hahahahaha. Get a warp, it will change the way you play paintball.

I heard numerous comments about warps while at IAO, the best was "I hate going up against warped guns."

:D :D

govnamac
08-12-2002, 11:39 AM
You bought another new gun? Damn, I thought I switched fast. You must have an even shorter attention span than me, if thats possible :D

felony
08-12-2002, 01:05 PM
i think i have seen clear warps at paintballwizard.com for 105 dollars which seems pretty good. they are obviously the ADG ones and the PTP ones. would these come with everything needed ?? other online stores stated that everyone thing is included, though this one does not.

ill give em a hollar

thanks
dna

Goldie D Pimp
08-12-2002, 01:43 PM
Galen's hair looks GREAT in that pic! His store is just up the highway from me about an hour. You guys did better than the other team that went up there with him! :)

I wish I could have gone and filled in for them, but I had to be in my "best friends wedding!"