PDA

View Full Version : Is the feed tube WELDED onto the Mag body????

hockey star
08-12-2002, 10:58 AM
I am wondering if the feed tube, whether it be powerfeed or standard feed, is welded onto the stainless steel body of the Mag? Also, is it likely to ever break off?

paintbattler
08-12-2002, 11:11 AM
i think it is welded onto it. it looks like that anyways. i dont think the stnd feed is welded. i have never seen them break off before but if you try hard enough it probably would

synreal
08-12-2002, 11:22 AM
the powerfeed is silver soldered on, and in 99.99% of bodies out there, it is on for good. however, potatoboy somehow managed to break his off by simply picking up the body. iirc AGD replaced it free of charge.

hockey star
08-12-2002, 11:57 AM
will silver soldering it onto the body be just as strong as welding it to the body?

Bushman
08-12-2002, 12:06 PM
I broke my powerfeed tube off of my Mag a while ago.
I brought it to a welder an had them repair it.
They "TIG" welded it.
They figured this would be best.
They were wrong.
They somehow managed to deform the body.
It is now pooched, so I had to get a new one.
In short:
They can be repaired, but be careful who you get to do the work.
I would try AGD first.

MagNumPI
08-12-2002, 04:58 PM
Bushman

They used too much heat on the weld. Should have gotten AGD to replace it.

For stainless silver solder works great. welding applies too much heat and may (and did) cause deformaties.

angelKiller16
08-12-2002, 09:21 PM
i saw a thing on agd saying they were going to stop replacing broken body's, now agd techs are really nice and i bet they would but thier not supposed to

BajaBoy
08-12-2002, 10:14 PM
standard and center are tig. pf not sure.. i know this b-c i do alot of metal work and i made a lowrise virt (tig)

Bushman
08-13-2002, 09:31 AM
I think if the welder gave a hoot, he could have done a good job.
I did not tell him that it was from a paintball gun.
I told him that it was a part of a delicate piece of sampling equiment, and to be carefull.
He wasn't.
As well as overheating it, I think that he had the vice too tight because the ends were deformed.
I guess the moral of the story is, don't break your Mag.
I got off easy though.
My local AGD dealer in Yellowknife (Splat Entertainment) got me a new body at cost.
I cant fault AGD's or their dealers support.
My Mag is pretty old, and I bought it used so I did not realistically expect to get the thing replaced for free.