PDA

View Full Version : Trouble

KIRBY
08-12-2002, 02:38 PM
I have an automag with a warp set up on it and I am having trouble feeding balls. Often, about ever 2 or 3 shots, a ball get stuck and doesnt feed right. It gets about half way into the chamber and gets stuck. Sometimes the ball even breaks and that is a pain is the *** when your on the 50 and the last guy on your team. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

FrAuStY
08-12-2002, 03:38 PM
kind of feed plug are you using? Do you have the one with the two small set screws in it? If not..you need to get a new parabolic feed plug. These feed plugs' curve follows more of a curved (circle) than the old ones. If you have a new feedplug then check the ballstack as shown here:
<a href="http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12911" target="new">Feedplug Adjustment</a>
<a href="http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12140" target="new">Proper Warp Stack</a>

Check these links see if they help. The main thing is the warp stack make sure the balls lign up on the feed plug as shown in the pics. (If you don't have the adapter use your best judgement against the feed plug you do have)

KIRBY
08-12-2002, 08:08 PM
thank you, that shall be my next investment.

PyRo
08-13-2002, 06:51 AM
I don't know if they still are, but they used to be free. If you registered your gun, each serial number got a free plug. I don't know if they are still doing this though. Also if a previous owner got one for that gun and just didn't pass it on with the gun, you have to buy one. Call up AGD, and see what they say.

bambam
08-13-2002, 09:39 AM
Does anyone know what the two set screws are for on the new parabolic feed plug..if anything??
Just curious...

PyRo
08-13-2002, 11:52 PM
They ajust how far into the breach the plug extends. To far and a ball won't fit in right, and slow it down, chop. Not enough it will get caught on teh lip, and slow it down, again chop. These allow you to ajust your plug to compensate for slight differances in tolerances between mainbodys.

bambam
08-14-2002, 08:17 AM
Thanks PyRo :cool: