PDA

View Full Version : leak in new E-mag extreme.....

CaptainCapy
08-12-2002, 08:19 PM
I just picked up an e-mag extreme at IAO this past week and when I gassed it up it started leaking out of the back through the allen key hole that is used to adjust the velocity. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to fix this...

Havoc_online
08-12-2002, 08:22 PM
congrats on the new gun, what valve number do you have? if it leaks out the back, try turning down the velocity a bit(counter clockwise)

just wondering, what made you buy it?:)

CaptainCapy
08-12-2002, 08:34 PM
thanks, I got number 14, i just bought it since I liked how it felt...

I've tried turning down the velocity but it still leaks.

Havoc_online
08-12-2002, 08:44 PM
do you know who sold it to you? I was the one who lost my voice over and over from talking so much, lol

anyway, there might be a bad o'ring or something in it, have you taken the valve apart? If so your sure you put it back together right, right? did you run any oil through it?

CaptainCapy
08-12-2002, 08:59 PM
well, I don't remember any names, but maybe one will come to me. I haven't put any oil through it or taken it apart yet, I just wanted to get it working first.

Kaiser Bob
08-12-2002, 10:42 PM
When you turned it down, did you fire a clearing shot to vent the excess pressure? Since the level 10 is in there, turn the velocity down till it wont shoot, degass, regass see if it still vents out the back. If it does you may need a piston oring. Otherwise, the spring in you level 10 setup may be to stiff, try the stock spring, and get it to the point where is barely fires with that, if it still vents out the back, its most likely the piston or piston oring, if the leak stops, then try working your way back to the middle spring.

CaptainCapy
08-12-2002, 10:45 PM
well, the gun never even fired, it just vented all of the pressure out of the back of the gun

Kaiser Bob
08-12-2002, 10:48 PM
Fast leak eh? come to the chat room, there are a bunch of people in there that can help you right now.

CaptainCapy
08-13-2002, 08:18 AM
I couldn't get in the chat room.... anyone know what could cause this leak? Should I run some oil throgh it?

BlackVCG
08-13-2002, 02:14 PM
You're the guy that was wearing a visor right? I'm the blonde haired guy that was working on guns in the back corner of the booth.

What kind of tank are you using on the gun? Make sure the input is about 800psi. Also, are you turning on the gun and trying to fire it in E-Mode, or just manual mode?

Here's what I'd do. Unscrew the velocity adjuster to the point that you can see the groove in the velocity adjuster. Then tighten it just past the point that you can't see it. Gas it up. It shouldn't be leaking right now and if it is, then the piston o-ring is probably bad. If it's not leaking, then keep tightening it until it starts firing. Have the gun turned on and the selector switch in E-Mode.

You shouldn't need to oil it to get it working, but it won't hurt. Also, all guns were tested before they left the factory. The little slip rubberbanded to the battery pack shows the velocity it was shooting before it went into the package.

CaptainCapy
08-13-2002, 05:45 PM
nah, I was wearing a blue/black JT jersey most of the time and a WS leapord headband. Ok, I'll try what you said, I have an angel air I was setng to 800.

CaptainCapy
08-14-2002, 06:29 PM
well, I tried everything you said, and it still didn't work, in fact it shot my allen wrench out o the velocity adjuster a few feet. Anyoe know what it is, and can I fix it myself?