PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Compact Flash card @ IAO!!

Gunga
08-12-2002, 09:42 PM
Grrrrrrrrr!!! Someone snagged my shiny brand new 128 MB compact flash card out of my camera on the last day of IAO!!! Had lots of pics of the various babes with the Extreme on it! Not to mention pics of other stuff!

Sooooooo...just in case someone working at the booth found it, lemme know! :)

personman
08-12-2002, 09:44 PM
Argh, that sucks.
If ya wanna new one, snag one off amazon.com, I got mine there for 50 bucks. :)

Gitaroo Man
08-12-2002, 09:44 PM
thats sucks, sorry dude

08-12-2002, 09:49 PM
and the sad thing is that it was probly someone who posts here.

Thordic
08-12-2002, 10:20 PM
Oh I am so gonna kick someones butt for this. I took so many pictures of hot chicks on that camera, and now they are GONE!!!!!

Whoever stole the card, at least SEND ME THE PICS!!!!!!!

*sigh*

Yeah, anyway, this really sucks. It could have been someone behind the booth, but stuff was getting moved around so much that last day it was a little confusing and the camera probably ended up on the table for a little while. If its anyone from the forum, however, consider yourself owed on buttkicking, New Jersey style.

the123
08-12-2002, 10:35 PM
you had that 1 picture of me with those babes and the X-MAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:( :( :( :(

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone find it!!!!!!!!!!!

NJ_agd47
08-12-2002, 10:59 PM
damn i would be pissed,hope you get it back:)

Mango
08-12-2002, 11:12 PM
Why would someone take just the card, and not the whole camera? Or was the card not inside the camera? Maybe you put it in a different bag or something. Check all your pockets/bag pockets/etc.

Gunga
08-13-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by SprayingMango
Why would someone take just the card, and not the whole camera? Or was the card not inside the camera? Maybe you put it in a different bag or something. Check all your pockets/bag pockets/etc.

Yeah, I was wondering why they wouldn't take the whole camera. I didn't have a reason to take out the card...had plenty of room left on it and didn't have a computer to transfer the pics over to.

Only other thing I can think of is that maybe my batteries were pretty dead and someone wanted to check out the pictures and put it in their camera and forgot to put it back in mine by accident. How's that for a run on sentence? :)

Thordic
08-13-2002, 10:32 AM
Who else had a compact flash camera? CF is a lot less common than SM.

Gunga
08-13-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Thordic
Who else had a compact flash camera? CF is a lot less common than SM.

Well, the only ones I know of were Clare & Curtis aka Cap & Havoc. Dunno what Mango, SpacemanSpiff, etc use.

Mango
08-13-2002, 10:57 AM
I have an Olympus D-510Zoom, it uses Smart Media.

I dident bring my camera out most of the time cause I was hopeing to get yours from you. :(

Clare
08-13-2002, 11:13 AM
well I didn't take it (I've got a 128, 64, and 8 mb card already)..I think you may have misplaced it! I left my stuff laying out a lot under the AGD table and everything was still there.

spacemanspiff
08-13-2002, 11:31 AM
I got a Canon Power Shot w/ 64mb and an 8mb. I looked in my stuff and I didn't see any other cards. Man that sucks I hope you find it. Lots of great pics on there.

Oh Thordic I think that I left my little camera case in you back pack. Could ya take a look for me.

BlackVCG
08-13-2002, 01:41 PM
Which camera was it? Was it the tall one (I think it was a Sony) that was usually sitting on the cooler next to Jon? I remember moving that camera off the cooler to get a drink once in awhile and I'd always set it on Jon's stuff next to his chair. Other than that, I didn't see any other cameras or CF cards laying around. Hopefully it didn't fall out when everything was getting moved around.

Gunga
08-13-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
Which camera was it? Was it the tall one (I think it was a Sony) that was usually sitting on the cooler next to Jon? I remember moving that camera off the cooler to get a drink once in awhile and I'd always set it on Jon's stuff next to his chair. Other than that, I didn't see any other cameras or CF cards laying around. Hopefully it didn't fall out when everything was getting moved around.

Yeah, it was tallish. It's greyish-brown in color and is a Kodak. Jon's got a black Sony Mavica, which sounds like what you're thinking of. I usually set mine on the cooler next to Jon.

cphilip
08-13-2002, 02:26 PM
ummmm anyone check the cooler?

;)

Gunga
08-13-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
ummmm anyone check the cooler?

;)

Duh. Yes we did! :p

MrAirgunRT
08-13-2002, 04:45 PM
I had to leave about 3:30 saturday so I didn't see it.

rhetor22
08-13-2002, 06:06 PM
that blows.

i get really pissed of when people steal stuff.

if you can pay for the plane ticket, when you find who took it i will fly down and kick his *** for you, tyler style.

Jonno06
08-13-2002, 09:00 PM
man,that sucks bad..i want some action on some arse-kicking too!!!

Top Secret
08-13-2002, 11:37 PM
I had my RedZ 2.1 stolen and my Animal Paintball Barrel Condom stolen right off the WGP tech table.