PDA

View Full Version : I just got my LX kit and I can't get the powertube tip off!!!!!

DiRTyBuNNy
08-12-2002, 10:25 PM
I just got my LX Kit in the mail..so i thought..cool..I just slap that bad boy in and my new eMag will shoot nails...except i can't get the d*mn power tube tip off..I used the official handy-dandy AGD powertube tip extraction tool (a nickel) and I also turned my fingers bloody..did i get the mysterious lock-tited emag or what?

Kaiser Bob
08-12-2002, 10:31 PM
try an allen wrench that will fit in the slot for extra torque.

subbeh
08-12-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser Bob
try an allen wrench that will fit in the slot for extra torque.

I think he means sideways allen wrench through the little holes on the sides, and if so that's what works best. Push down and spin.

TransMan
08-12-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by subbeh

I think he means sideways allen wrench through the little holes on the sides, and if so that's what works best. Push down and spin.
Holes?? mine didnt have any holes and im pretty sure he meant to take a small allen wrench and put it in the slots because thats how i got mine off.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-12-2002, 10:43 PM
actually...and you all might want to remember this if you come across one that's a bigger b**ch than usual..one of the new gold dollars..it fits a little tighter in the slots and it's a little bigger for more grip...

SlipknotX556
08-12-2002, 11:45 PM
Use a wrench. :)

aaron_mag
08-12-2002, 11:55 PM
Had the same problem with my Retrovalve (just got it). First off I used a quarter. Then I got a pair of pliers and grabbed the quarter. Twisted it off with no problem. Should work.

blackmag3
08-13-2002, 12:07 AM
my classic valve had a tight PT tip too. first time i got it off was a pain but after that it has been fine. i used a nickel and lots of elbow grease.

Butterfingers
08-13-2002, 12:11 AM
1) take nickel

2) put in groove

3) take adjustable wrench

4) adjust to thickness of nickel

5) slip wrench over nickel

6) turn wrench anticlockwise