PDA

View Full Version : Small Warp Problem... HELP!

Dayspring
08-12-2002, 11:38 PM
I just got it tonight. I did the whole setup thing, running the motor etc.... However, it seems like the battery just wears down after a minute or so. Not even the little white button will make it feed. Here's the funny part. The batteries are new. 9v... Any thoughts?

PyRo
08-13-2002, 07:13 AM
If you ran the moter for an hour or whatever on those 9v's they are probably dead.

Dayspring
08-13-2002, 08:21 AM
That's just it. I unwrapped the battery, put it in, and it ran for about 2 minutes and wound down (ran slowly until it stopped). I mean, granted, they aren't the best (energizer or duracell) but come on?! And you can tell if the battery has juice by licking the top terminals (tech guy thing) they still test fresh... The weird part is, the white primer button won't do anything, but I guarantee that if I took the current battery out and put another one in, it would start running.

Ideas?

Omicron
08-13-2002, 08:37 AM
Check the voltage on them, they could have been old batteries still on the shelf that *looked* new.

Dayspring
08-13-2002, 05:27 PM
That's what it was. I went and picked up a set of Duracell Ultras, worked perfectly! It's spinning away as we speak/type to break her in.

rjvemt1
08-15-2002, 11:40 PM
And you can tell if the battery has juice by licking the top terminals (tech guy thing) this will give you a very deceptive gauge of the voltage. it may show a strong initial rating but the 'draw' of a particular device will swifly exhaust a battery that is tettering on the edge of death.

they could have been old batteries still on the shelf this is a very valid piont! especialy in warmer weather! invest in rechargable 9v batts or buy good batts in bulk and store them in your frig.

Omicron
08-16-2002, 09:58 AM
I think you should invest in those Plainview 9.6 V batteries. I have 4 of them and they're great, I've only had to recharge 2 of them (I use in my revvy) once so far! The ones in my warp are still going strong from the initial charge when I received them like 2 or 3 months ago.

PyRo
08-16-2002, 08:31 PM
Warps hate cheap batteries. Use duracell, they are the best :) Or plainviews.