PDA

View Full Version : Bottom feed XMAG (pic)

Jack & Coke
08-13-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by TRIAD
"...They need an EMAG warp breach that feeds into the bottom..."

Too bad you can't store paintballs in the air tank...:p

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=414178

paintslinger
08-13-2002, 01:17 AM
isn't that where the ACE is???

Jack & Coke
08-13-2002, 01:34 AM
Not if you mount the ACE across the breech like all the other markers with eyes...

InfinatyBPS
08-13-2002, 01:39 AM
Looks kinda weird, Is that real? I don't realy see any advantages to have it like that... just kinda makes it look stupi...err... different...

Jack & Coke
08-13-2002, 01:46 AM
If you read the post:rolleyes:, you'd see someone suggested "...warp breach that feeds into the bottom...".

All I did was photoshop a pic to help illustrate his idea...

pito189
08-13-2002, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
If you read the post:rolleyes:, you'd see someone suggested "...warp breach that feeds into the bottom...".

All I did was photoshop a pic to help illustrate his idea...

Which post are you talking about? Maybe if you put the picture in that post it would better illustrate the point?

If you did that you would have to have stronger than normal ball detents to hold the ball in place while it was waiting to be fired. You would have to have dual ball detents one on each side of the breech, then that would leave no place for the ACE.

Jack & Coke
08-13-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by pito189

Which post are you talking about? Maybe if you put the picture in that post it would better illustrate the point?

The original thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45869&highlight=hopper) was about a "New Warp / Hopper design":
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=411364

Since this thread is regard to a "new breech / feed" idea, I did not want to hijak his thread.

Originally posted by pito189

You would have to have dual ball detents one on each side of the breech, then that would leave no place for the ACE.

My Timmy has dual ball detents and dual eyes, with plenty of place.:p

TRIAD
08-13-2002, 10:47 AM
The reason it would be nice, and why I think they should make them, is it would provide a tighter warp setup, with nothing sticking out the side. Also, they could make a warp with a side feed, angled sort of, no 90* adapters needed, and everything wouldn't be sticking out the sides. It would be the tightest setup ever.

Aliens-8-MyDad
08-13-2002, 01:37 PM
jeez i thought of that design bout 6 months ago, but i figured it wouldnt work because the trigger frame is in the way and the whole spot where you bolt the trigger frame to the body.

Jack & Coke
08-13-2002, 02:08 PM
I think all that is need is to extend the power tube tip, and some sort of solid spacer between the main spring and the main valve. I'm sure if they wanted to make it work... they could...:D

magman007
08-13-2002, 06:44 PM
You kno what? i wish i could just hook my warp to the bottom of my gun. Like, put an aluminum cae on it, with a dove tail mount, and put my tank under the warp. I would like that. Alot! the reason i got rid of my warp was that I hated it sticking out the side. THat bothered me so much! oh well, im happy to be warp free as of now. I think they need to figure out away to do that, then, for the hopper, you would mount it on an elbow, and it would side feed into the warp, sorta like the side feed on a cocker

fearc7
08-13-2002, 07:58 PM
you wouldn't have a problem with ball detents if yo had a warp right? Would that kindof act as a detent from going back down? Anyways if your talking about down the barrel that should be too hard to fix right?

Vegeta
08-13-2002, 09:07 PM
has anybody tired this yet? Someone has had to have to done so... it is so obvious... if so how does it work?

i-luv-my-rt
08-13-2002, 09:16 PM
Ok i think it's about time for a reality check.

Do you people really play that sloppy, that you need a tight gun to make up for your mistakes in your play. I used to use a warp, then i noticed if i practice playing tight and snapshooting with a hopper you get used to it and it is just as easy. Also, people say it is easier to shoot off-handed with a warp. I like being able to switch hands to shoot off-handed. I shoot just as good lefty(off-hand) as i do righty.

Yea your post might not be directed towards this but you can only go so far with a tight gun set-up. Having a bulky gun is the after effects of using a warp. You cant have everything in life when it comes to guns/set-up's. Work on your game and you will find everything doesnt matter anymore.

Goldie D Pimp
08-13-2002, 09:47 PM
http://www.paintballtrader.com/sale/warp5.jpg

I got bored and have been experimenting with side feed on a bushy.

The main problem is instead of having gravity to feed that last ball, sometimes it only feeds halfway into the breech and INSTANT CHOP!

More pics (http://forums.paintballcity.com/showthread.php?threadid=246786)

TRIAD
08-13-2002, 10:07 PM
Is your warp set right, because you shouldn't need the gravity, it should be doing a quarter spin and the ball should be in there. It seems you know what you're doing seeing what you've done with your game, but just checking.

Goldie D Pimp
08-13-2002, 10:12 PM
I think if I cut a short chunk of my hose off that it may cure the chop problem. I kind of got distracted, by the 2 new timmys I got in!!! :)

TITAN
08-13-2002, 10:20 PM
lol