PDA

View Full Version : To all Shatnerball Bound AO'ers:

Kaiser Bob
08-13-2002, 04:46 AM
To everyone going to Shatnerball, first I say congrats! We will be part of what looks to be a history making paintball event that will bring our wonderful sport ever closer to the mainstream. :D Now, personally I would like it to also be written that the band of Mag lovers from across the country, under the command of the legendary Tom Kaye, came saw and conquered the likes of Mr Shatner and his Trekkies and Mancow and....whoever follows him. :) So far is seems like the Shatner is going to have a hell of an army, with some of the best in the scenario scene leading the way. However, what we have on our side is experience. So far the Borg team dosent have ONE rental registered! Why? Because our ranks are filled with real PAINTBALLERS, not just fans who as loyal as can be, may not have even seen a paintball gun outside of Wal-Mart. This is the advantage that we have, and we need to exploit it in every way that we can. So far we have tank crews already getting prepared with awesome firepower that would strike fear into the heart of the most diehard Trekkie. But we need more. What Im proposing is an elite squad of AO'ers, whose main goal is to work together to complete all the tough missions to gain points for our side, and to lead attacks againt the enemy bases. With our organized efforts, I am certain we will crush both sides, and bring order to the chaos that is the Federation and the Klingons.... Whaddya say boys?

TransMan
08-13-2002, 05:36 AM
Sounds like a great Idea to me i can see no reason why not and umm where did you get the info on the rental numbers?

Load SM5
08-13-2002, 06:59 AM
The way I see it all AO'ers are an elite squad.:D I agree that we should be constantly be out there rolling the enemy and scoring points. I also believe the key to this will be superior firepower. As often as we'll be able to re-enter the game we need to get back to our command center fast and make sure we always go out en masse and never in small units. We'll use our superior firepower and overwhelming numbers and push hard, absorbing the damge and staying on the move.

Sounds rather Borg-like does'nt it?

wyn1370
08-13-2002, 07:21 AM
I know there is already a special teams unit in the works. Thordic is getting the anti-tank unit up and running. So we may be a few AOers short of the expected number.
That and we need to do another roster to see if anyone new is comming or if anyone old is bailing.

hitmanng
08-13-2002, 08:37 AM
With 1000 people aprox. Hoped for on each team I think our 40-50 are going to have problems being a force with that kind of power. I am all for a mission going team that keeps focoused on what really wins the game.
Realize also that we have a lot of the hard core scenario players going with Shatner. But we have an advantage, they have to wear jerseys showing their allegiance. I believe that it is in the rules. This is one of the first scenario game I will have been too where the enemy is clearly marked. I beleive we will have a firepower advantage too. People used to flinging a lot of paint. Just remember that scenario isn't speedball. You are long balling. I have often walked through a field and dodged the paintballs because they had so far to go.
This will be fun and I hope as an AO team we keep the focus on winning the game.
Hitmanng

warpfeedmod
08-13-2002, 08:56 AM
But we have an advantage, they have to wear jerseys showing their allegiance. I believe that it is in the rules.

I believe all three teams have to wear the appropriate jerseys..

Meaning ours will differ from each of the other 2.

Althouh I'm all for a group/squad of people that want to drive for the goal. Count me in for anything :p

Kaiser Bob
08-13-2002, 11:14 AM
Yes the missions can make or break the game, thats why I thought it would be a good idea to set a group of members to that task alone. :D

hitmanng
08-13-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by warpfeedmod

I believe all three teams have to wear the appropriate jerseys..

Meaning ours will differ from each of the other 2.

Althouh I'm all for a group/squad of people that want to drive for the goal. Count me in for anything :p

You have to remember a favorite game of hard core scenario players. They don't wear team colors and while you are trying to figure out what they are up too. They get you dead. This is a favorite of many of hard core scenario guys on Shatners team. I have talked to many of them and they are really planning on messing with the speedball crew that hasn't ever played in a scenario. Having them clearly marked will help if they play by the rules. I wouldn't count on it though. I see people getting cold and putting a jacket on over the jersey to hide it.
Just a thought
Hitmanng

Mango
08-13-2002, 03:47 PM
I'm all about being part of a small squad. Preferably someone with military experience to lead it. Maybe Oldsoldier if he is going? Whattya say bud?

Kaiser Bob
08-13-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango
I'm all about being part of a small squad. Preferably someone with military experience to lead it. Maybe Oldsoldier if he is going? Whattya say bud?

That would be perfect, someone experienced in leading missions woud be a great benefit to us. Also we will have a couple scenario experienced players to help, in case there is an unconventional mission.

The cammies are a good idea, in the rules it said you were allowed to cover your jersey, just that you would probably never be able to walk back to your HQ like that. So I would consider bringing a camo jacket just in case.

spazzed
08-13-2002, 04:41 PM
I'm all for an Elite AO Squad O' Death! Sounds like tons of fun!!

Cammo... hehe, glad I'm bringing mine.:cool:

warpfeedmod
08-13-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by hitmanng

I wouldn't count on it though. I see people getting cold and putting a jacket on over the jersey to hide it.
Just a thought
Hitmanng

cold? In chicago? In august? HAR HAR. That's a laugh..if anything it'll probably be around mid 70's or hotter..

As for the elite AO squad count me in :p

SGTKennedy
08-13-2002, 05:43 PM
AO DE PFCKennedy
132352Z AUG 02
BT
UNCLAS
my buddies and i are making the trip. 5 of us. right now i am sitting in the FT Gordon, GA library counting the days until my AIT is over, and shatnerball. trying to decide what kind of gun i am going to replace my RT with.
i will be more than willing to throw myself at the enemy. AR
BT
13/2356Z
K

Rusty
08-14-2002, 12:04 AM
hi
Reading alot of the posts I dont here to much thought about the Klingons. Watch for the dark horse along the rail. They are all just abunch of players with guns the way I look at it. They can have all the scenario leadership
in the world. They all will fall sometime durring the game.
They dont have total commitment of thier players. The other teams are mixed bag of people. People who are players trying to lead people who want to be players comming up against a wall of mags! from the horn start it will be an outbound exspress till the end comming from the borg. We cant burn out to early, it is a long game. It seams that the prop points are not given out till the end for most. So even if we miss a prop will just go kick in thier door and take it later. The word retreat is not in the Borg vocabulary. AS for the wheather I am hopeing for snow. 2-3 inches would be great. We will come to play ball not get autographs. The Borg have things I know they have never come across with all thier scenario play time.. "Lets watch thier futures end"[Borg quote]
jimb

Slapp
08-21-2002, 04:06 PM
The idea of strike type teams made up of more experienced folks with high firepower sound like a good one. There are going to be a heck of a lot of folks on our team though and many will be new to paintball too. We want to win but we don't want that at the expense of helping these new folks to enjoy the game and teaching them how to help us win.

Accordingly we must be sure each squad under Tom's control is properly seeded with experienced players that can help to lead newer players to fun and victory. They may go home with a JT rental marker but we can help make sure that their next upgrade will be to a Mag!

Hopefully we can get a bunch of AO folks together during rec ball on Friday and work out some of our plans along these lines!

manike
08-21-2002, 04:38 PM
I was going to start a similar thread :)

I've played a few big games now and the way to win is via the special missions. I think the AO collective should work on achieving as many missions as possible.

You will be amazed at what a force of 20-30 can do at a big game. As long as you rally other's around you, you can be very destructive.

I play with the Canadian Contingent at the Long Island Big Game and we can get huge moves going just by being the first to get stuck in. People follow where you lead :)

oh and I'm practicing the St Crispens (sp?) Day speach ;)

manike

Mango
08-21-2002, 05:32 PM
I plan on playing for fun Thursday night and/or sometime Friday!! Who else wants to go???

Load SM5
08-21-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by manike

oh and I'm practicing the St Crispens (sp?) Day speach ;)

Excellent.....

I'm all for getting together Friday. I'd like to support the guys playing the pump game and walk the fields. I just have to make sure my gun is wprking properly if this annoying leak pops back up. And it also depends on what Jon is doing siince he is my ride to and from most of this. If he's working Friday I'll may be sitting around Airgun HQ.

Gambit1106
08-21-2002, 06:18 PM
Load,

LMK if you need a ride anywhere? If Jon is working I can always get you out to the field I live in Joliet.

Darren

Load SM5
08-21-2002, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the offer, Xen gave me his cell phone number in case Jon at gets stuck his duties somewhere. When we all meet up Thursday night we can see what Friday looks like.

Darkstorm
08-21-2002, 06:39 PM
Oh yummy, this thread is great. I love it; "Hey, let's form special units and use firepower to takeout the opposition" LOL. You guys are going to fry. I expect I will bust at least one missions by special team as I am just walking to over to talk to one of the Playmates that is going to be at the event.

Darkstorm
"Because long barrels can shoot through more bush."
:cool:

Titansu
08-21-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Darkstorm
I expect I will bust at least one missions by special team as I am just walking to over to talk to one of the Playmates that is going to be at the event.

THERES GONNA BE PLAYMATES?????

Load SM5
08-21-2002, 11:15 PM
Yea, Playboy is doing a big article on it. Seriously....can't confirm playmates though.

OnyX
08-21-2002, 11:17 PM
http://216.40.241.68/cwm/cwm/eek2.gif playmates http://216.40.241.68/cwm/cwm/eek2.gif

Titansu
08-21-2002, 11:41 PM
Here's the nametags I'm working on... sorry about any copywrite infringement.

Shoot some ideas this way!

(also, the pentagons are gonna be powder blue.. but the .gif conversion changed it to aqua)

Titansu
08-21-2002, 11:49 PM
or this one.