PDA

View Full Version : Crossfire vs System X

FordPrefect
08-13-2002, 11:00 AM
Alrighty guys, I finally got a job:D and now I can afford nitro. I was wondering what tank performs better, the Crossfire 68/45 or the System X 68/45?

And is the Crossfire a 5 year tank, or 3?

If I get the SX, I am going to get it from MPP, so they are both $200.

SlipknotX556
08-13-2002, 11:11 AM
The crossfire tank is a 3yr hydro. The system X is a 5 year. System X has a better flow rate, then crossfire.

krafty
08-13-2002, 11:24 AM
Crossfire regs have a great flow rate, and the new tanks are 5-year.

rudy
08-13-2002, 11:26 AM
SlipknotX556

how do you know system x has better flow? also is overall flow really mean better recharge? and does either of those cost consistency?

FordPrefect
08-13-2002, 11:31 AM
Yea, I know that the Crossfire tanks have a good flow, but how good is the SX tank's flow? And as rudy said, how consistent are they?

NJ_agd47
08-13-2002, 11:45 AM
I say the crossfire has a better flow rate...and its a pretty good tank..

FordPrefect
08-13-2002, 11:47 AM
How do you know that the Crossfire has a better flow rate? I don't want people just saying "Oh, well I have this, so it is better" I want facts.

Thordic
08-13-2002, 11:56 AM
Crossfire has the highest flow rate on the market.

http://www.crossfireinc.com/news.asp

They've done tests in public many many times where they do the same test using their tanks against other regs.

For a screw-in tank, you simply cannot beat the new Crossfire regs.

The SystemX tank just uses an ANS GenX2 reg on its tank. While they aren't BAD regs, they definitely aren't what I would call top of the line.

FordPrefect
08-13-2002, 12:22 PM
That is the Angel at 11 BPS test, right? I've seen that. I don't know if it is true, but MPP says that the System X tank kept up with the Emagnum at 20BPS.

And still no one has talked about consistency, so is it that just no one really knows?

Thordic
08-13-2002, 12:29 PM
The SystemX tank is just a plain old ANS GenX2 reg. It isn't all that great, although I'm sure its a decent reg on that tank.

The crossfire, on the other hand, is a PROVEN performer.

High flow rates lead to consistency, often inconsistency is caused by dropoff.

You seem biased towards the SystemX though, so why are you even asking? I've shown you that the Crossfire is proven in tests to be higher flowing than ANY reg they tested against, yet you are asking for more. Where is your "proof" that the System X is better?

If you ask a question, be ready to accept the answer.

FordPrefect
08-13-2002, 12:37 PM
I am trying to be as unbiased as possible, so that I can get the best tank.

I am just exploring all aspects of the question.

Thankyou for your input.

rudy
08-13-2002, 02:04 PM
where is the data?

xmetal2001
08-13-2002, 06:15 PM
I remember seeing a bunch of tests done by Crossfire that showed them having the highest flow rate, but I also saw a lot of controversy towards the accuracy of the tests.

Still, I would say crossfire. Both come with a 5 year hydro.

brian terry
08-13-2002, 07:11 PM
go crossfire.iv used there tanks on my sfl emag for over 1yr 1/2 and no prob .iv got the 88/45stub and a 68/45 and the new 72/45stub from crossfire .i use them on my sfl emag my c&c emag and a retro mag.i have no shoot down ever .

rx2
08-13-2002, 07:31 PM
From my experience, both have good flow rates. I don't have any hard data, but I can say that I never had a dropoff problem when firing as fast as I can. The crossfire SEEMED to have slightly better consistancy, as with my 8-year old mag I was able to get a variance of 2 fps over the chrono with no problems. I had a slightly higher range with the System X, but these were not scientific tests done in static conditions. Either should do fine, but for now I am sticking with my Crossfire.

Tunaman
08-13-2002, 07:56 PM
Unless you got one of the old ones, the NEW System X tanks will have ACI regs on them. They will be out shortly.

FordPrefect
08-13-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by brian terry
the new 72/45stub from crossfire

I read about that in APG, but I didn't know that they came our already. Where did you get yours?

DiRTyBuNNy
08-13-2002, 08:41 PM
they're available for Crossfire (www.crossfireinc.com) the 72/4500 stubs go for $215 direct from Crossfire...

and Tuna...where'd you get that info? (not that you're wrong..i just wanted to know if they had any other details)

BajaBoy
08-13-2002, 08:52 PM
crossfire by far has an awesome flo, im not bs'in u. i have/had air amirca tanks and ill take the cross over it anyday (apty was good tho)

FordPrefect
08-13-2002, 09:00 PM
I can't find the 72/45's on the crossfire site. Could you give me a link to the actual page that has them on it? I searched for "72" in the 4500 psi catagory, and no results.

Also, do any dealers have the 72/45's? Because I bet it would be cheaper.

drx975
08-14-2002, 12:16 AM
Try 68 and 88 I havent heard of 72 before.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-14-2002, 12:41 AM
that's because 72 is a new size...it just came out at IAO..so check the pics on Warpig and you'll see it in the crossfire booth..

FordPrefect
08-15-2002, 10:43 AM
I hope that Dye will make coveres for the 72's, because I think I'm going to get one, and Dye covers are good.

Does anyone know if ANY company plans to make covers for the 72's?

Crossfire
11-07-2002, 12:02 PM
The System X reg is the old Turbomax. They did not even bother to change the look. The flow is terrible. I saw CrossFire swap one out and the tank had full pressure and it took 2 minutes to drain. That is not a good flow rate.
I think that you work for System X. Why are they going to the BullDog. Making the same mistake twice just doesn't seem smart!!!

Dayspring
11-07-2002, 01:32 PM
You're better off getting the 68 or then moving up to the 88. Shot count of the 72 versus the 68 is about 60+ more shots. Not worth it in my book.

Originally posted by FordPrefect
I hope that Dye will make coveres for the 72's, because I think I'm going to get one, and Dye covers are good.

Does anyone know if ANY company plans to make covers for the 72's?

Crossfire
11-07-2002, 01:56 PM
CrossFire at the shows has a RED'S 68 cover on the tank (72). Neoprene has alot of stretch.
As far as the 72 goes. I know that you're just doing the math on the shot count, but, the tank is actually a 76ci. I know you are wondering why call it the 72. The manufacturer went for the 72 but when all the tests were done and the labels were printed it tested out to be a 76.
I'm not just blowing smoke ask Brian. (He posted earlier)He plays with one. It will get you at least! 2 more tubes.
They will leave it there till another company tries to copy with a 72 or 74 then they (CF) can trump them.:D

-=Squid=-
11-07-2002, 04:54 PM
Ive just strapped on my flame retardent suit...k...ready

you wont tell a difference. :D I guaruntee it, Ive used so many nitro tanks, and you wont notice a difference unless you get one that just isnt built right like the original bulldog...But oh well. Im ready to hear, nOOb and "you dont know what ur talkin about moronzz!"

CpSuPeRkId
11-07-2002, 05:47 PM
its really funny. at the chiacago open last year i was checkin out all the companies and i happened to walk by crossfire. they told me to come here and check this out. i go and they have that full auto angel test. so they have a bunch of stuff hooked up to the tanks to test the recharge and they showed their reg beating all the others. and they made pmi look REALLY bad. but then i took my friends angel led and put that thing on full auto. i had my pmi tank on it. we had the rof set higher than 11bps and the guage on the asa kept up the same if no better than the crossfire tanks did at chicago. so my point is that the crossfire test might show them being fast recharging tanks(even though they are) but you dont really know how accurate those those tests are. im sure there isnt a noticable difference between pmi, crossfire, or even system x tanks as the average person cant hit past 14bps(im saying AVERAGE). as for system x going to an aci reg: BAD IDEA!

brian terry
11-07-2002, 08:52 PM
well with most other tank"s if you have a prob you call who ever made it and you get the run around most of the time.with crossfire if you have something happon and you call you get help right then with no wateing.most of there tanks are under 200 dollars.and they work as well if not better than the 350 dollars ones you see.

Automaggin2
11-08-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Thordic

They've done tests in public many many times where they do the same test using their tanks against other regs.

The SystemX tank just uses an ANS GenX2 reg on its tank. While they aren't BAD regs, they definitely aren't what I would call top of the line.

Thordic, just because they did tests in public doesnt mean anything. If you set up 3 angels with 3 tanks in public, and the gun with the crossfire tank shoots better, that means nothing. Do to the fact that crossfire can so easily modify these guns by switching the tinniest springs in the gun to change the flow rate of the gun. You can NEVER depend on a company to give reliable information about there product, because a lot of it is just BS.

I have used Pure Energy, Crossfire, and System X. I like the System X a lot, same with Pure Energy. Crossfire is good to. So basically, i would go with any of those 3 tanks.

Automaggin2
11-08-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by flow
The System X reg is the old Turbomax. They did not even bother to change the look. The flow is terrible. I saw CrossFire swap one out and the tank had full pressure and it took 2 minutes to drain. That is not a good flow rate.
I think that you work for System X. Why are they going to the BullDog. Making the same mistake twice just doesn't seem smart!!!

Well, its kind of Ironic that you only have 2 posts and your name is flow, which this post is all about. Stop stating false facts, because no one will buy them

SlartyBartFast
11-08-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by flow
The flow is terrible. I saw CrossFire swap one out and the tank had full pressure and it took 2 minutes to drain. That is not a good flow rate.

Terrible flow. Sure what you said. Has anyone really considered how much flow you need?

You get what 1200 rounds out of a 68ci tank? You'd have to be firing above 600 rps before that "bad" flow became a problem.:p

Come on people, you'll only be fiiring 10 rps for a few rounds and not sustained strings for minutes on end.

I think most people just buy into the hype and like something more because they bought it and have to justify the extra expense they put into it.:rolleyes:

Buy the one with the shiniest/best colour anno. We all know the most important thing in paintball is vanity.:D

FordPrefect
11-08-2002, 05:04 PM
I thought this thread was dead!

But in the end I got a Crossfire 72/45. I like the size of it alot, it is really tight. I havn't got a chance to use it yet, but I have a tournament coming up, and I'll test it there.

paintslinger
11-08-2002, 09:11 PM
i donno im fond of the system x b/c it was able to feed the emagnum at 30cps.

magman007
11-09-2002, 02:00 PM
no it wasnt....

it fed it at 20... and i believe other tanks could also. Plus the system x tank i have is a bulldog 2 reg, and gauge, and a luxfer tank. IT is just random parts thrown together to make a tank. IT works, thats all i care about. IM looking to get a flatline 4.5 reg for it soon tho.

Also, how much of the e-magnum stuff to i believe any more? not much. THe e-magnum board was just a morlock board.. nothing too special there....

paintslinger
11-10-2002, 04:07 AM
well my bad then i just remembered the thread that butterfingers posted with the emagnum goin 30cps fed off a scuba but he had also stated that it was done with a system x tank...i have no comment on the morlock board thingi must have missed that thread telling about that...

FordPrefect
11-10-2002, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I didn't get the morlock board thing either. Was it on AO?

magman007
11-10-2002, 02:37 PM
well there was a thread a few days ago explaining some one had gotten their e-magnum, and some one else had poened their mayhem and said it was a morlokc board. I had also asked tuna about it earlier and he confirmed it. the tunamagnum is a morlock also, but his is the cheepest in price i believe?

paintslinger
11-10-2002, 10:00 PM
ok thats no biggy though i mean thats what the morlock was made for so people can mod them to their own guns...its not like he yanked a board out of an impulse and made it work for an emag.

DjGruv
03-18-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Thordic

Wrong! The System X uses a centerflag reg.:p

Tunaman
03-18-2003, 06:17 AM
yea...now it does. They change regs like their socks! It will be a 420 too...if they ever get any in stock.

cphilip
03-18-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by magman007
IT is just random parts thrown together to make a tank.

...and so are all paintball tanks!

DjGruv
03-18-2003, 03:10 PM
They are in stock $175 Great price!!
http://bradyspaintball.com/sysx68carfib1.html

DiRTyBuNNy
03-18-2003, 06:06 PM
My System-X had a bulldog II reg also...even the people at ACI said that when I showed them the tank...they just use whatever they can get cheap..