PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me, I took the low road.

Patron God of Pirates
08-13-2002, 11:17 AM
I got together with with some people I met to play some outlaw this weekend. It was supposed to by the Ice Pirates VS. them, but only one member of my team was able to make it.

My RTP is off getting powder coated, so I was playing with my Super Z (Z-Grip, Z-Body, Custom barrel with "Super Z" engraved).

Five of them had various Spyders and spyder clones. two had Tippmann C98's, and one had just upgraded to a stock Cocker.

This was his first time out with the gun, so they where all standing around to ogle it's fabled range and accuracy. He was shooting a tree roughly 60 ft. away.

My teammate finishes setting up and walks over with his TL plus (he'll be upgrading to a LX RTP soon) and lays six shots right on top of the paint Cocker boy had just layed down.

The others tried to do the same. Whether it be bad aim or crappy stock barrels they couldn't do it. They start asking him what he did to his Spyder to get it so accurate. "It's a secret" he tells them. The Cocker guy looks ticked off.

At this point I had just finished gearing up at my trunk about 30 feet behind and off to the right of them. Just to show off I say "Clear out" and wave them away.

Once they are well out of my shooting lane I proceed to repaint the same 1 ft. area in marb magenta.

"OMG!" "Holy Crap!" "What kind of gun is that?"

"It's a mag" Is all I say.

We play six games of wooded centerflag, which they had never played. "The guys with the best guns" were captains.

I teach my team everything I know (very little) about centerflag tactics, shooting lanes, positions, and bunker maneuvers.

Highlights:

In the first game I bolt across the field, straight through the enemy lines. My team is flinging paint like mad to keep me alive. Bolt between two guys and they turn to shoot and one of them gogs the other one. What followed was a big argument over whether or not friendly fire counts and we reset the game. But it was still funny.

Later in the day we tried a move that had worked great the game before, but they where ready for it. It ends up being me and a 13 year old kid with an C98. We were right in the middle of the field hugging the ground with paint raining in on us. He chopped a ball bad and his bolt jammed. I handed him my mag and told him to cover me while I go for the flag. I stood to bolt and got shot roughly 400 or so times. I walked to the dead box. You couldn't really see what was going on. I'd just occasionally here some shooting and someone would yell "Hit" and join us in the box. The kid whipped all of them out and got the hang. It was great.

At any rate, they all said the reason we beat them so bad was because of my mag. I never responded or explained that the range was on account of the Z-Body.

I didn't lie, I just did what WGP does and allowed the misconception to live.

FordPrefect
08-13-2002, 11:45 AM
YOU A BAD, BAD BOY!

But, oh well, you got some people turned onto mags. Sooner or later they will find out that no gun has more range just by itself, and hopefully they will still like mags.

oldsoldier
08-13-2002, 01:15 PM
i have never seen the z-body...are you bringing it to the NE AO meet? If so, I would like to check it out (if I make it there).

cphilip
08-13-2002, 01:20 PM
hehehe...too bad they never got the point! But I wouldn't tell em either. Heck they wouldn't have believed you anyway!

Patron God of Pirates
08-13-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by oldsoldier
i have never seen the z-body...are you bringing it to the NE AO meet? If so, I would like to check it out (if I make it there).

Yeah, I was going to bring it anyway for one of my teammates in case we have a "Mags Only" event.

slateman
08-13-2002, 01:30 PM
Thats OK. I think you did the smart thing (That thing with the spyder was pretty funny, I used to do the same thing:D :D :D ) AGD can sell some, but not too many.
I mean we don't want everybody to have a mag, otherwise we would lose our secret weapon;)

dre1919
08-13-2002, 01:48 PM
Hey PGP, at least you're heart was in the right place! You were just trying to help dissolve the evil misconception of the Mag. Even if your's is a bit enhanced, still I think it wasn't a bad thing. It just goes to show them what you can do with a Mag.
:cool:

masonekramer
08-13-2002, 01:57 PM
:confused: whats a z body?

Patron God of Pirates
08-13-2002, 02:07 PM
Here is the website (http://www.galacticz.com/)

Not allot of info on there, but it does what it says it does.

PS- Thanks for the support guys :) :) I actually felt a little guilty about it. not much, but a little.