PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL THREAD!! AO Day South Carolina 2002 (register now) TOM IS COMING!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

cphilip
08-13-2002, 12:34 PM
http://paintball.parl.clemson.edu/images/front.gif

AO DAY SC Nov 9th 2002

TOM KAYE IS COMING!!!!!

Gold Dragon Paintball is the Official Event field

See the field:
GOLD DRAGON FIELD (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45406&highlight=gold+dragon)

Highlight of the Hill Challenge Field (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49290)

Paintball Inc. will be supplying PowerBall Pearl at $50 a case to you. Paintball Inc. is supplying some Raffle stuff too.

Ultimate Air field!!!! Our good friends down at Regulators Outpost in Dalton Georgia have stepped in after Paintball Inc could not supply a field and are bringing up an Ultimate Air kind of set up in a five man size. Great thanks to Tom Blevins for saving the day on this and to Rob Long for finding him for us. Visit Tom's site and lets support him for helping us out. Regulators Outpost Web Site (http://www.regulatorsoutpost.com)

Clemson University Paintball Club and Daniel High School Paintball Club will provide refs, Field Judges and Volunteers for the event.

We hope to have a complete Tech station set up. I think that Brian Terry is going to do some of that.

Mel at Paintballistix will provide AGD products. Level 10's, Intelliframes, Warps and Retro Vavles will be on sale there.

And theAngelguy will be setting up his booth too and involved in Angel tech work as well.

More breaking news!!!!Yes!!!! Tom Kaye will be there!!!! Come meet the master of the Mag!

Breaking news! Bob is coming!!!! Yes! theAngelGuy himself!!! And he is maybe hinting about some cool Angel guy stuff to give away and doing some tech work. SO you Angel AO members turn out and meet Bob!

Inter-Forum Involvement! Styles *****ley (LOL the filter doesn't like your name!)he is the Co Admin from PBC and we got "Conqueror" a PBC Cocker Moderator and Cocker guru who is willing to tech those for us (we will need that huh? Snicker...Sorry just kidding!)and Nerobro a Moderator from PBN will be there!!!! This will be neat huh?

We are asking even more Celebrites for attendance and they will be announced as soon as we can. So far from AO we have Army, Sarah, Mel from Paintballistix, JonAGD (the Wang master himself) , theAngelGuy, Team Black Cell from NJ and of course FatMan and Cphilip! I have also invited Capo, and Bill and Dawn Mills and Odyssey Paintball Products and well many many more of our respected AO members. If we get a large pre-registration then I think we can snag some of them too. And as you know already a large contingent from NJ is planning to come. Follow the crazy hijinks of the NJ bunch here: NJ Bus Trip thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49602&perpage=30&pagenumber=1)

Some tounge and cheek training and information for you Northerners heading South for this "Yankee Trainin" here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50725)

3 Man Tourney on one field only will be held and a small entry fee of $15 per team payable on the day of the meet will be seperate from registration. It will be only to cover trophies presented. Note that this leaves three speed ball fields and the woods open for rec play all the time. Tourney rules are being drafted and will be published long before you get here.

You do not need to shoot a Mag....but I expect you will be harrassed! ;) And you do not need to already be an AO member to attend but we ask that you do join AO to complete the registration or be a guest of an AO member. It's free to join AO, The best Paintball site on the net!!!

Along with this, after the day of play, a nice Dinner Party with band at Explorer's Bar and Grill that night, after the play day, which *is included* in the registration. Featuring the Wild Hog Band. Again this is a complete take over and we own the place for the evening. Our own Bartender with cash bar, Pool tables and big screen TV. All this is included (except the bar) in your $25 registration fee. Menu is Wings, Chicken Tenders, Club Sandwiches, Veggies, Dips, chips, water and Tea included. Starts at 8:00 last call is 11:00. Dinner served around 9:00. did I say this was included? ;)

All day Air and the field fee is also included in the registration.

Registration fee is $25 FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Note: except 3 man tourney. That will be additonal $15 a team payable on the day of the meet...and your paint...see above.

Registration info

Notice Register right now!!!!! we need to know numbers you can pay later see the directions within the registration link.

UPDATE ON REGISTERATIONS!!! OVER 80 showing and I know of about 30-40 more! HAVE YOU MAILED YOUR REGISTRATION MONEY? If so then fine... I will be updating you on those as soon as I can get back from Florida.

BUT if you have not please do so in the next day or so. Or...Bring Cash to pay the day of the event. NO ONE WILL BE TURNED AWAY BUT BE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE CHECKS OR CARDS FOR REGISTRATIONS/DINNER THAT DAY!!!! CASH ONLY THEN!!!. We will be set up for Cards for paint sales.

SO EITHER MAIL NOW IN TEH NEXT DAY OR TWO OR BRING CASH THAT DAY for onsite registrations. But if you can please go ahead and hit the registration page anyway. JUST TELL US YOU WILL PAY CASH THAT DAY. But come on anyway but be prepared to pay the $25 in cash there

There will be preregistration for a fairly long period but due to the Dinner we will need to do this kind of thing. Non-refundable unless ample prenotice is given for hardship. If not then consider it a donation to the University Paintball Club. It will go to good use. All people at the event must come through the registration table even children and people not playing. we need you registered and a waver signed and you need to get your tickets for dinner as the Raffles will be based on those!

Registration Page: SC AO DAY Registration Form here (http://www.parl.clemson.edu/~walt/aomeet/)

Please note that the budget and prices calculated for this event are not expected to generate revenue. However with a very large turn out (100 plus) they may, so we are going to contribute any proceeds to the University Paintball Club if they do.

Hotels/Motels (all within five miles of the field and located in Clemson SC 29631

Host Hotel is the Days Inn of Clemson SC

(864) 653-4411 Toll Free (800) 329-7466

20 rooms are blocked out for Automags Online - Microwave, Fridge and coffee pot in each room - Continental Breakfast - Evening Snacks - 2 Queen size beds per room - Group Rate is $49.00 for 2 people and $5 for each additional person (or $59.00 for 4 people). Block rates are for the nights of the 8th and 9th of November. Rate good until Oct 16th and after that based on availabiltiy.

I dentify yourself as "Automags Online" to get the rate!

Notice!!!! I have just been told that if you call the 800 number for the hotel doing the group rate, they know nothing about the special rates. You actually have to call the hotel directly at (864) 653-4411, to get that rate. Otherwise they will charge you the normal 59$ a night.

Additional Hotels:
Hampton Inn (864) 653-7744
Martin Inn (864) 654-9020
Sleep Inn (864) 653-6000
Lake Hartwell Inn (864) 654-4450
Ramada Inn - Clemson (864) 654-7501 (800)272-6232

Limited camping at the field. You need to email me and discuss that.

There will be more info as this progresses and I will get that up as it does...

Respectfully yours

Philip Carroll and Walter Ligon (aka cphilip & FatMan)
Co-Chairs of the "SC AO EVENT COMMITTEE" (self appointed :))

http://paintball.parl.clemson.edu/images/front.gif

cphilip
08-13-2002, 02:19 PM
Official answers to questions section:

OK here is the breakdown...

the all day air and field fee is $10 so if your going to play and not attend the dinner band party then $10. thats all going to the field anyway.

The dinner band party is $15 so if your going to come watch and not play but want to come to the Dinner party then $15 a head. years 6 and under is half price or $7.50 and 3 and under is free. Hey! thats exactly what its costing me a head for that and that includes the food, Tea or water, and gratuity. Cash bar though.

Paint sales are used to pay the cost of paint from supplier (of course) and also paying for the band and if any profit made over that is generated then its going to be donated to the clubs who are volunteering as refs and such. Over about 60 cases need to be sold to break even there and give them some donation.

Either way register each person thats gonna be there but comment on the slip when you send it in what you are planning to do.

If they later decide to play when they get there then just pay the additional $10 then and they will be fine.

So for example 1 player and 2 for dinner party then $40. And if they change their minds and want to play they can decide that day and pay the field $10 more then. But you would register 2 as I need those numbers to make sure the food is adequate.

Zip Code for Map Quest is 29631

Greenville Spartanburg International is the closest Airport and its about 30 mile pretty much all intertate.

Anderson SC is the closest Comercial Bus stop and about 15 miles away.

The Southern Crescent Amtrack Train stops right in Clemson. About a mile from the host hotel.

Raffles and drawings are that night at the party. You must be present to win!!!! Come to this!!!!

Added the following on edit on Nov 3rd.

Here is a list of all the checks and payments I have recieved as of Sunday Nov 3. If you mailed earlier then you got an issue but not to worry just bring cash and if the check is here by then you will know it at the registration table and can pocket your cash. I will update this daily.

Recieved on behalf of:

LoadSM5 - $25 (did you hit the registration page too?)
Adam Hodges - $25
Kevin Cullen - $25
Ryan and Debra Davis - $40 (one player two dinners)
Daniel Parker - $25
John Trussell - $25
Gary Christofferson - $50 (two people for all)
Jeffrey Bouquio - $25
Nick Papandria - $50 (two people for all)

Josh Hippley - $25
Keegan Bradford - $50 for 2?

Paintball Charelston - $50 for 2
Jason Stanton - $50 for 2

Gary Novac - $25

That is all I have so far folks. Will update Late Thursday after the mail runs. If you mailed late then bring some cash or we will have to send you out to an ATM!

In spite of this fact that you have prepaid please EVERYONE come to registration table first to get your playing tag and tickets for Dinner. The drawings will be based on these tickets!!! Important!!!

Some directions:

OK... from the Days Inn we will have a few guides at that location to lead groups out at around 7:30 AM. So if you want to meet there its right on hwy 123 in Clemson.

But from the Days Inn turn left out of the parking lot onto Hwy 123. Go about two miles to the Issaqueena Trails exit and take the exit off to the right. At the top of that exit turn left and continue on Issaqueena Trail till it dead ends at a Stop sign on Hwy 93 and take a right. Go about four miles and watch for Robinson Bridge Rd on your Left (there is an Amoco station just before this road as a land mark). We should have a sign out there on 93. And then go down Robinsion Bridge till you see the Gold Dragon Paintball Sign on the right. Turn in there and your good to go.

You People following the previous directions from Charelston area and coming in North on 123 (your step 10) can by pass that bunch of turns by coming on further down on 123 to this "Issaqueena trail" exit and then adjusting for the fact that you are coming in from the other way follow the rest of that.

Also you do not have to take I-185 the Toll road. If you continue on down 385 it will hit right into 85 and you want to then go south towards Atlanta till you get to rest of that. The toll road saves very little time. Its not worth it for the few miles it saves. I have no real Idea why they built the thing!

Write down the Gold Dragon Phone Number and call if you get lost we will talk you in or come find you!!!!!

Army
08-13-2002, 02:23 PM
Working on fundage, working on transport!

Shirow
08-13-2002, 02:30 PM
:)

Thordic
08-13-2002, 02:42 PM
Catered paintball event?

Hell, Phil, you could BBQ up some roadkill (you know, South Carolina style ;) ) and I still woulda come.

I'm definitely there :)

FatMan
08-13-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
Catered paintball event?

Hell, Phil, you could BBQ up some roadkill (you know, South Carolina style ;) ) and I still woulda come.

I'm definitely there :)

Uh, I don't think you understand. The catering IS BBQ roadkill! Billy-Bob's Big BBQ is catering. The exact menu will depend on what's on the road that morning - usually ground hog, 'coon, and/or possum!

Lookin' forward to seein' ya'll there!!

FatMan

Ooops! I forgot squirrel!

cphilip
08-13-2002, 02:52 PM
Catering around here means somebodies elses pickup truck killed it and they brung it to ya!:D

wyn1370
08-13-2002, 03:03 PM
I'm gonna do my darnest to make it. Guessing I'll need to fly.

Mango
08-13-2002, 03:42 PM
WOW this is great!!! I can't wait!! :) :) You know I'm there Phil!

Emagster
08-13-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by FatMan

Uh, I don't think you understand. The catering IS BBQ roadkill! Billy-Bob's Big BBQ is catering. The exact menu will depend on what's on the road that morning - usually ground hog, 'coon, and/or possum!

Lookin' forward to seein' ya'll there!!

FatMan

Ooops! I forgot squirrel!

yumm.....possum:rolleyes:

spacemanspiff
08-13-2002, 03:45 PM
I plan on being there. Hey if ya need some help with food I'm sure we'll pass plenty of road kill on the way down from Jersey. Hey we can have alittle buffet from different states we come through:D :p

Emagster
08-13-2002, 03:45 PM
I got 1 question. Where in SC is this going to be held? I live in TN and could POSSIBLY be there. as long as its not like 7 hours away

personman
08-13-2002, 03:49 PM
Clemson SC

I might be there, probally actually.. If I am Im in the 3 man.. WHO WANTS TO BE ON MY TEAM!?!?! Come on, you guys gotta play with minime.

I just gotta ask my mom, put me down for a maby.

Kaiser Bob
08-13-2002, 04:03 PM
Our roadkill main course is good old NJ Buck. Im sure we can pitch in and strap a few onto the roof on the way down. :D

cphilip
08-13-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser Bob
Our roadkill main course is good old NJ Buck. :D

Heck Boy dats Gormet food round here! Hail yea! get us one!
:D

Patron God of Pirates
08-13-2002, 04:47 PM
I'm all over this one.

Any MA or NH Ao'ers that want to make the long haul want to join me?

Looks like I'll be driving after all.

Cphilip, All the info I need from you is a good hotel with a hot tub to nurse my bruises in. :)

cphilip
08-13-2002, 04:51 PM
I will be announcing all that Thursday Patron. And maybe I will give you a bruise or two myself!!! ;)

personman
08-13-2002, 04:52 PM
BECAUSE I DONT FEEL LIEK RETYPING THIS! :)

Personman hey
Personman phil
* TRIAD[a] is now known as Impygunner
cphilip yes
Personman I showed my mom the details
Personman she looked atthe calender
cphilip good!
cphilip and?
Personman and my church holiday fesival is the same day :(
cphilip Crap!
Personman she is working something there
Personman and she is thinking of a way I could get up there
cphilip tell her you have gone wicken
Personman lol
cphilip oh
Personman besides the festival I can go
cphilip I see
Personman I just need transportation
cphilip take a cab
Personman she doesnt want me to car pool
Personman and she doesnt think my dad will take me
cphilip he may!
Personman and I dont liek my older brother and I dont want him to take me
Personman maby
cphilip who does
Personman then he could play! hehehe
Personman he has got his own buisness downstairs though
cphilip that would be cool
FooTemps wha?
Personman he works like 14 hours a day and is pretty busy though
Personman so I dunno

Yeah.. thats pretty much it..

Patron God of Pirates
08-13-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
I will be announcing all that Thursday Patron. And maybe I will give you a bruise or two myself!!! ;)

Note to self: Bunker the Old Man. :D :D

Venom
08-13-2002, 05:57 PM
I'm in Charleston, SC. If I recover from Shatnerball financially, I'll be there. Oh yeah, about that roadkill comment... we've got much better roadkill than Arkansas... ;)

jah871
08-13-2002, 06:02 PM
i will try to make it down there, all depends on money and transportation, anyone wanna pick me up on the way?

hitech
08-13-2002, 06:49 PM
We (me, the wife and kids) are planning on visiting in SC (Summerville). Nov is a little soon, but I'm still going to see if I can work it out. I'll probably make a last minute decision.

cphilip
08-14-2002, 08:56 AM
New info so I updated the thread...More to come!

FatMan
08-14-2002, 09:04 AM
Person,

Your best bet is going to be a ride. Your mom won't let you get a ride? That is going to make it really hard!

FatMan

personman
08-14-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by FatMan
Person,

Your best bet is going to be a ride. Your mom won't let you get a ride? That is going to make it really hard!

FatMan

She doesnt want me to travel 2 hours up and 2 hours back for a whole day with someone I dont know.. :p
I would find that understandable.. :D

cphilip
08-14-2002, 03:04 PM
Walk then!

personman
08-14-2002, 03:07 PM
:D Im thinking about it.

Collegeboy
08-14-2002, 03:51 PM
Hey personman, I am coming through Atlanta on my way from Tuscaloosa, so if I go (and it is alrigt with your mom), I could always pick you up. All I have to do is find a team hehe.

cphilip
08-14-2002, 04:14 PM
You do not need as team there will be plenty of rec play going on on the two 5 man fields (one sup Air) and the Hill Challenge field as well as the woods. But as anytime you can hook up with three others in the morning and get into the three man if you want. Always people wanting to hook up a team This is part of the fun of these things!

GOod Deal Collegeboy Hope you come!

Collegeboy
08-14-2002, 05:01 PM
Yeah I just checked out that week’s football opponent. I was worried for a second for I knew the Auburn game was around then (no self respecting UA student misses that one :D , especially when it is at the Bear) But UA is playing Mississippi State that week, so I definitely can skip that one. So it is all looking good, now to ditch that Fridays classes ;) .

cphilip
08-14-2002, 05:22 PM
True! And good thing is its an away game for us too.

Good! bring down some Tigers with you!

cphilip
08-15-2002, 08:51 AM
How would you all feel about a big trucked in Grill with Chicken and ribs out there for lunch time? Might be on your own but still avaliable...plus the regular consessions...

wyn1370
08-15-2002, 08:53 AM
Well it sounds great, but with chicken and ribs you need frosty barrley pops and those are not good to be drinking before playing. But in all seriousness, it sounds like a good idea.

Collegeboy
08-15-2002, 09:01 AM
Sounds great man, if need be I could always help with the grilling (I mean unless you want to).

cphilip
08-15-2002, 09:05 AM
Well if we do it we will have somebody come and do it so we can all play and not spend our time worrying about that. it may change the dinner menu a bit though.

personman
08-15-2002, 08:46 PM
Well, thanks collageboy but I dont think she will let me carpool, Im going to ask her again in a week.

Collegeboy
08-15-2002, 09:04 PM
That is alright man. If she changes her mind, pm me, respond here or whatever.

cris8762
08-15-2002, 09:27 PM
neone coming from up north maybe wanna give a responsible 15yr old from Cary, NC (suburb of raleigh) a ride? i'll talk to you about the escalating situation btwn. USA and Iraq the whole way down:D :D ;) !

personman
08-15-2002, 09:33 PM
I might beable to do this, I havent asked, but what if she took me up the day before, I stayed at someones house, spent the night, and came and picked me up the next day? That might work, if someone offers I'll ask.
It wouldnt work with a hotel of corse, thats a whole diffrent thing. 13 year olds dont stay in hotels by themself with 700 dollar equipment.

08-16-2002, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by personman
I might beable to do this, I havent asked, but what if she took me up the day before, I stayed at someones house, spent the night, and came and picked me up the next day? That might work, if someone offers I'll ask.
It wouldnt work with a hotel of corse, thats a whole diffrent thing. 13 year olds dont stay in hotels by themself with 700 dollar equipment.

I would..:)

I am going to try to get my dad to let me go but my mom is as usual a problem. She doesnt like the fact that we go 2 or 3 major road trips a year for paintball but we havent been on a vacation in years (this is really because she wants to go to cape cod where the water is cold but we want to go to Myrtle Beach). I am going to try to talk em both into bringing the whole family and making it into a vacation. We stay one day in Clemson and then go to Myrtle BEach. My sister wants to try out paintball and this would be a perfect environment for her. So I will use that angle too. This will take very careful planning. I will get back to you guys by September.:)

cphilip
08-16-2002, 10:53 AM
yes! and no problem as the field has resonable rentals at $10 a day all new markers. Rebels nothing fancy but they get the job done.

All this staying places can be and will be worked out when we initiate registration in the next few weeks we will be asking that. We got plenty of time to work it all out. Just go ahead and make plans to come and we will be finding you some space. Details later.

And if you want Tom to come you gotta get a big crowd. We need at least a Hundred and looks like we are going to make it from what I am seeing. So you guys need to make plans now to turn out to get some leverage for me on this.

Havoc_online
08-16-2002, 11:32 AM
doesnt seem like I'll get to make it considering it's 1,000 miles and 16 hours away :mad:

personman
08-16-2002, 02:43 PM
Phil you got an extra room in your house? ;) If not, I'll just sleep in the washing machine :p

wyn1370
08-16-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
doesnt seem like I'll get to make it considering it's 1,000 miles and 16 hours away :mad:
priceline havoc, priceline (or any reasonbly cheap airfare)

Mango
08-16-2002, 02:52 PM
It's only about 700miles for me, and 12 hours south!! YEAH MAN!! :) :)

Excuses Havoc excuses!!!! :p just kiddin!

FatMan
08-19-2002, 09:51 AM
Hey guys, just a quick update - things are looking on track for the meet. Hope to see lots of you here - let us know if we can help with travel or lodging.

FatMan

wyn1370
08-19-2002, 09:54 AM
if someone wants to set me up with lodging that would be great. I will probably be comming by myself, so footing the cost for a room by myself would be a bit not so economical.

Mango
08-19-2002, 10:08 AM
Fatman: can you suggest a Holiday Inn or Days Inn hotel in the area?? I have a gazillion points with them so I might be able to stay free.

Also, can you give me an address to use on Mapquest so that I can print out directions. :) Thanks!!

cris8762
08-19-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by cris8762
neone coming from up north maybe wanna give a responsible 15yr old from Cary, NC (suburb of raleigh) a ride? :D :D !

cphilip
08-19-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango
Fatman: can you suggest a Holiday Inn or Days Inn hotel in the area?? I have a gazillion points with them so I might be able to stay free.

Also, can you give me an address to use on Mapquest so that I can print out directions. :) Thanks!!

I Listed a Days Inn on the first post on this thread and will get more hotels up soon. That was all I could get done quick before I got outa town for a few days. Soon though...

Army
08-19-2002, 09:26 PM
Arrrright people! You want to see me in action? Then be there at AOIII and give me your best shot!

Sarah and I will be attending AOIII in full red gunning glory:)

Can't wait!

cphilip
08-19-2002, 09:29 PM
ALRIGHT!!! HERE WE GO!!!!

Common you wimps. Army is now coming the furthest!!! Get of your behinds and start planning. Heck you got time to walk!!!

Riotz
08-20-2002, 05:30 AM
Of course, I'll be there! :D

Do I actually get to play this AO Day? WOOHOOO!

I will be traveling the most distance, I plan on driving out to Cali and then back to SC. Just so I could say I cam the furthest. hehe

Let me know if you all need help. :)

cphilip
08-20-2002, 09:25 PM
LOL ...Ok then! You can claim that Riotz. Help? We need people! Bring a bunch!!!

cris8762
08-21-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by cris8762
neone coming from up north maybe wanna give a responsible 15yr old from Cary, NC (suburb of raleigh) a ride? !

cphilip
08-22-2002, 08:41 AM
Up for the day

govnamac
08-22-2002, 04:40 PM
I'm trying to go down for this one. Anyone from Jersey wanna carpool?

Riotz
08-22-2002, 05:58 PM
Hey govnamac, you can probally catch a ride with our team. We will figure it out closer to the date. =]

personman
08-22-2002, 06:02 PM
Im considering not going because phil is getting an angel.
I told him not to take drugs but nooo.

:rolleyes:

cris8762
08-22-2002, 06:08 PM
does ANYONE coming through NC want to carpool? (by carpool i mean give me and my gear a ride:) )

agdjon
08-23-2002, 08:01 AM
Do I really want to go where it is too hot, muggy, and people talk with them accents and stuff...

Do I really want to C Philip??? (get it???)

Is it worth my time???

Do I care about the Wang Force???

If I go, will Wang Force be allowed to dominate the event???

Hell with it, I am there. BUT ONLY IF I FINALLY GET TO DO MY ONE ON ONE WITH TUNAMAN!!! (or intend to be :-)
The timing of this event is looking good right about now. To be honest, I still can't make the full commitment (I am 85% sure right now) only because if an emergency arises, I won't be able to make it then.

Oh and Havoc, be there or be a square root of pi

Quit your whining, drive your truck, and show me what you got on the inside. Be a man bro :-)

Hopefully c ya there:D

cphilip
08-23-2002, 01:40 PM
See Dat!!!! We all cool now Bro's! Things is realy comin together now. :D

cphilip
08-27-2002, 08:28 PM
One more thing is this very important point I want to bring out... the Party and Play here is completely a non profit break even sort of colaboration between the field, paintball inc and us here at AO. And yet with a great turn out there is always the possibility that money may be generated over the break even point. I realize that and many will be interested to learn that there is a plan for that if it were to occur. All proceeds over cost will be donated to the Clemson University Paintball club and the Daniel High School Paintball Club. All of them! To assist them in providing low cost paintball experiences to new paintballers out there. I feel this is way more of a reason to come and participate than the very low cost and fellowship this meet is offering. But you can do both! At no extra cost to you! I wanted you to know that up front.

Registration will be starting soon... Lets turn out guys and gals and support AGD, AO and Paintball in general.

brian terry
08-28-2002, 03:20 PM
as of now ill be there.unless something comes up.but right now it looks good.

cphilip
08-28-2002, 03:22 PM
ALRIGHT! We got the BT!!!! Great!!! Actualy its a real easy on the eyes and pleasant drive outa West Virginia over to here.

personman
08-28-2002, 04:10 PM
:( This isnt fair, I so want to go to this, Im going to make my mom take me. Thats it, Im going no matter waht. Im telling her she has to take me to make up for not taking me to D-Day 2k2 when I was only on the other side of the state :rolleyes:

YES THATS RIGHT, PERSONMAN HAS SPOKEN!

I swear, Im not as annoying in real life, in fact, you wont catch me talking much :p

Wc Keep
08-29-2002, 03:51 PM
i dont know yet but since this is happening two days after my 18th birthday im going to ask that i be flown down for this event. maybe if 845 and tunaman jr both come down we can have a game between spankdaddys and spankdaddys fate...

tunaman jr
08-31-2002, 09:26 AM
i cant wait to play again
so keep are ya comin¿
im already gettin pre paintball rashes and sweats
"scratch scratch-forehead wipe"

cphilip
08-31-2002, 09:52 AM
Lookin forward to a match of the Spanks and Punks!!!! :D

Going to be good to see you two again.

tunaman jr
08-31-2002, 10:14 AM
see you in november

govnamac
08-31-2002, 10:55 AM
I'm 80% in. Can't wait.

personman
08-31-2002, 11:46 AM
Hey how much are rolls of those stickers that say 'Hi my name is:'?

I think I might buy a roll and cover a tshirt with them! bwahahah Then I can see how many fall off by the end of the day!

Actually that would be cheating.. peel them off when you get hit, say they fell off ;)

Oh well I'll be wearing two signs attached by a sting atleast..

Oh, yeah phil I need to talk to you about this..

Collegeboy
08-31-2002, 03:55 PM
It is looking good for me so far. Question, how far is Clemson from Atlanta. I can make it to Atlanta is like 2 hours (west side) or so, so just trying to figure out time, and if I need to skip my History of the Chrisitan church to 1500 class or not.

Also if anybody wants to get a team together to compete in the tourney and doesn't care about losing (for I suck) I will be more then willing to join. I would need to play back for I am big. (6'4 300)

personman
08-31-2002, 04:03 PM
I'll play on a team with you Collegeboy, Its like 2 hours from atlanta to clemson.

pito189
08-31-2002, 04:13 PM
I'm in cphillip informed me the other night in chat, that Knoxville is only like 3 hours away from where the meet is. Woot can't wait to go now. I can never play enough paintball.

When does registration start?

personman
08-31-2002, 04:14 PM
For directions, or just to figure out how long it would take to get there, visit http://www.mapquest.com

Wc Keep
08-31-2002, 06:14 PM
i wasnt sure until phil made that comment now its on. im definately going down for this.

Collegeboy
09-01-2002, 01:12 AM
Thanks personman. I just need to make on my mind. If I stay I can go to the Mississippi St. vs UA game and do the normal college student game day exercise (read as the 12 ounce curls). Or I can go to AO Day.

Havoc_online
09-01-2002, 07:19 PM
sounds like it's going to be fun guys, I dunno, it depends on my being able to afford a plane ticket at the time, lol. Either way I encourage anyone who can make it to show up, AO days are the BEST!

Wc Keep
09-01-2002, 07:44 PM
SPANKDADDY VS FATE GAME STATISTICS
DATE NOVEMBER 9,2002
SPANKDADDY 0 PTS.
FATE 100 PTS
FLAG PULLED IN 15 SECONDS
TOTAL TIME 57 SECONDS

TOTAL PODS USED BY FATE : 3
TOTAL PODS USED BY SPANKDADDYS: 10

(cant hit us can you)

pito189
09-01-2002, 08:06 PM
I can't make it. We play Miami that day, and its homecoming. That blows to awesome things on the same day. Just not fair.

Collegeboy
09-01-2002, 09:25 PM
UT I am guessing (by your location. If so Oct 26th it is on. (Read as in UA is going to get their buts kicked hehe). :D ;) :p

tsc
09-07-2002, 12:49 AM
Looks like it will be great!

I can't wait to meet everyone. :)

See ya then!

pito189
09-07-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Collegeboy
UT I am guessing (by your location. If so Oct 26th it is on. (Read as in UA is going to get their buts kicked hehe). :D ;) :p

In Your DREAMS!!!!

cphilip
09-07-2002, 11:10 AM
Field Progress update pictures thread: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49290

boomerfoxtrot
09-07-2002, 07:55 PM
Hell.. it's not that far of a drive... let me check to see if I have a game (I'm a coach) ...

if not... hell.. if so.. count me in.

anyone coming for South Side ATL.. or anywhere between here and there.... need a ride.. just ask.

aslo.. is there a place to CAMP? I have a popup camper for days like this.....

cphilip
09-07-2002, 09:16 PM
Boomer let me check about that camping I think they have plenty of room for that at the field itself. I will get back to you on that. I should think that can be arranged

Havoc_online
09-07-2002, 09:27 PM
he phil, what type of fields will they have besides the pics? supair? hyperball?

boomerfoxtrot
09-07-2002, 09:37 PM
thankx.. and .. what was wrong with that sig?

cphilip
09-07-2002, 09:42 PM
Should be Air Ball of some kind set up. Working on that now. The Five man is more and more like a Hyper type field since those first pictures were taken. More bunkers and snake.

So to review there is: one Five man, one Three man, Super Air, a Top gun field (one on one) Woods and this hill challege field.

Only the three man field will be tied up for the 3 man tourney. All five others areas will be open for pick up rec play at all times. We may combine the Woods and the Hill for a big scenario period if people want to do that. I was thinking a AGD Staff/AO Mods against the whole bunch might be fun. Us up top and all of you come after us. huh? :(

To get some perspective this hill field is about as wide as a Five man field with its out of bounds included. maybe almost 100 feet wide? Carnage and mayhem!!! :eek: :D

boomerfoxtrot
09-07-2002, 09:54 PM
dude ... I'm comming.... I want to play that hill..

sounds and looks crazy!

wyn1370
09-09-2002, 10:17 AM
hey uncle phil,
what would the best airport to fly into be?

boomerfoxtrot
09-09-2002, 07:57 PM
I have a few questions...

What will the 3 man fee be? ??
In the 3 man, do you have to shoot Mag??

Is the regesterion fee the same for non-AO memebers?

oh yeah... what's for dinner? and when can I buy tickets??

cphilip
09-09-2002, 08:05 PM
The preregistratiom Page is almost ready to post. Dinner menu is not completely set yet. Any day now!

Some camping on site can be done.

The three man will probably be like $15 a team or $5 a man. Just to cover tropies and such is all. You can sign up for that when you get there and pick up a team then. You do not have to shoot a mag.

We are asking all the people that register to sign up on AO and there is a link in the registration page that takes them here. Its free and easy.

boomerfoxtrot
09-10-2002, 08:25 AM
ok good deal.. how to I go about making sure I get a spot to camp..?

can't wait !

Dayspring
09-11-2002, 02:28 PM
I have officially changed my "MAYBE" status to "HECK YEAH!"

(check out the NJ-SC AO Day Transportation thread out for more details!)

cphilip
09-11-2002, 02:54 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! :D

boomerfoxtrot
09-11-2002, 04:03 PM
I think I've recruited 2 more !!! =] maybe 3 !!!!!

GET us some papers to sign!

cphilip
09-12-2002, 08:05 AM
OK the party is all set up. We are going to Explorer's Bar and Grill here in Clemson. Directly across from the Football Stadium. A local hang out. Basically we are taking over the place except for the front bar area sice we will have our own bar set up in the back area. Beer, wine, Soda and bottled waters. We are doing Chicken Wings, Chicken Tenders, Club Sandwiches and all the veggie tray/chips and all that sort of thing. Water and tea will be included in dinner so no worry about that. We will have our own Bartender but it's a cash bar. The whole area is ours. Shut off to anyone else. In our area are two Pool tables and Big Screen TV for our use only. And the Stage for the Band. All included in your registration (except the cash bar of course) We are planning to start this up at 8 PM to give everyone time to go back and change and clean up. But the bar is open earlier. Food serving by 9. Also remember last call here is 11:00. Closing by 11:30. We will do all the awards and raffles here at this party.

Dayspring
09-12-2002, 09:19 AM
Uncle Phil- you're the greatest!

luke
09-12-2002, 09:48 AM
WOW! That's got to be the nicest field setups I've ever seen. Very professional looking, even with the temporary "tents". I love how they carved the fields out of the trees. (no pun intended, I love/prefer speedball)

boomerfoxtrot
09-12-2002, 01:22 PM
count my crew in for dinner... just get us thoses papers up and where I send my prereg $$$$$$$ =]

Wc Keep
09-12-2002, 02:07 PM
im almost a definate yeah now. cant wait i dont know how ill carry my trophy home though...

personman
09-12-2002, 05:37 PM
:( stop tempting me to commit genocide!
;)
Well I dont know if my mom will let me go, ill keep my status as a maby. :)

Mango
09-12-2002, 05:40 PM
Oh man I can't wait!!!!! :) :) :)

rpm07
09-12-2002, 07:21 PM
I will be there because I will be down in Carlotte NC that week visiting my brother. Phil how long of a ride it it from Chalotte to the feild EST.

Dayspring
09-12-2002, 09:38 PM
Are we doing another pistol duel? I'd like to try my hand at that.

Collegeboy
09-12-2002, 09:55 PM
I am definatly makeing the trip over.

cphilip
09-13-2002, 07:49 AM
RPM, about two hours.

There is a one on one field and it will be open for these sorts of things. We need to ask Jon to bring the Sidearms.

Collegboy, bring a group up.

cphilip
09-13-2002, 09:08 AM
Registration is now open... see the first post on this thread for the link and details.

Dayspring
09-13-2002, 09:11 AM
A) Registration! Way Cool!
B) Duel! WAY COOLER! (Got some Matrix type stuff for ya ;))

*EDIT*-- Registered!!

cphilip
09-13-2002, 09:39 AM
Please let me know if there are any bounce backs or anything since its just now up.

FatMan
09-13-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring
A) Registration! Way Cool!
B) Duel! WAY COOLER! (Got some Matrix type stuff for ya ;))

*EDIT*-- Registered!!

Dayspring, register again, Phil jumped the gun and I didn't have it turned on. It is turned on now - please register again so I can see if it works (and post when you've done that).

Thanks,

FatMan

cphilip
09-13-2002, 10:13 AM
Sorry about that Walt!

Test registration sent

Also note the Block Room rates in the first of this thread.

cphilip
09-13-2002, 10:30 AM
registration is working...many of you are showing up. Hopefully we only missed Dayspring that first time. We will post up a list in a few days off all of them we have so far to let you know.

Dayspring
09-13-2002, 10:50 AM
I came. I saw. I re-registered.

cphilip
09-13-2002, 02:15 PM
Great Sorry about that Dayspring.

We will probably post up a list of everyone we have so far periodicaly starting on this coming Monday I think. So check that list and make sure you are on it.

cphilip
09-13-2002, 06:09 PM
Guess who just committed to come to AO SC day? theAngelGuy!!!!! See the first post on this thread for details!!!!

Wc Keep
09-13-2002, 06:26 PM
anyword on if tom, capo, or the mills will be in attendence.

cphilip
09-13-2002, 06:29 PM
Just emailed them late today. Will be waiting on numbers I imagine.

dansim
09-13-2002, 09:46 PM
hey pgop how long of a drive is it?

cphilip
09-13-2002, 09:52 PM
Would help if you told me where you are starting from...

dansim
09-13-2002, 10:06 PM
cape cod mass, he asked if any ma or nh wanted to hitch a ride

cphilip
09-14-2002, 09:14 AM
Up for the day.

Notice registration is now open... see the first post on this thread for the link!!!!

cphilip
09-15-2002, 12:47 PM
Up for Sunday...Register now!!!! See the first post on this thread for details and links.

FatMan
09-16-2002, 07:37 AM
Hey guys, so far we have 15 registrations other than Phil and I. Please register so we can show the big guys what a party this is going to be!

FatMan

Collegeboy
09-16-2002, 08:33 AM
I will try to register this afternoon, but for right now back to studying for my Russian test. :(

cphilip
09-16-2002, 09:13 AM
Guys and Gals...it doesn't ask for payment right up front.It asks you to send that in by the deadline later. But we need you to go ahead and register now.

Load SM5
09-16-2002, 12:51 PM
I could'nt help but notice I'm not listed in the list of celebs showing up, on the first page....what gives?;)

I know my money made it, but was registration form up and running when I sent it in?

cphilip
09-16-2002, 12:52 PM
yea you are! You see that period? :D

Load SM5
09-16-2002, 03:36 PM

I'm going to assume that was some sort of slam, but God help me, I just don't get it...:confused:

pito189
09-16-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5

I'm going to assume that was some sort of slam, but God help me, I just don't get it...:confused:

I agree I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. Phil care to enligthen us?:confused:

Collegeboy
09-16-2002, 03:48 PM
I just registered.

As for bringing people, I just found that UA doesn't have a paintball club, so I have an appointment with the SA guy to see about getting one started up tomorrow. So wish me luck.

cphilip
09-16-2002, 05:29 PM
Well this would be a great oportunity for you to network with some people who have started one. A lot of club officers and the Club advisor will be out here. See if you can put up a bulletin and get a few together that may want to come take a look.

A period is a mear speck...

Load SM5
09-16-2002, 05:33 PM
ah clever...but not at all funny.

cphilip
09-16-2002, 05:35 PM

Collegeboy
09-16-2002, 11:28 PM
Well this would be a great oportunity for you to network with some people who have started one. A lot of club officers and the Club advisor will be out here. See if you can put up a bulletin and get a few together that may want to come take a look.

A period is a mear speck...

Thanks, I think it would be a great time to network. I think all I ahve to do to get a club started is to get out petitions and get peoples sig that say they will be interested and what not.

But I look foward to coming and getting any help that people are willing to give.

Thanks

Dayspring
09-17-2002, 05:11 PM
bump for the day

paint magnet
09-17-2002, 06:21 PM
Alright! A cheap tourney less than an hour's drive away! Hope I can come... Hope my cocker works...:) Otherwise I'll be wielding my Phantom:D

FatMan
09-18-2002, 09:23 AM
OK, we have our first 25 registrations! We'll need more if we want to get big guy like Tom to show - so if you're planning to come, please go ahead and register. We'll put up a list of registrations in a bit. You don't have to send your cash immediatly - just by the pre-reg deadline. Plese register and get your friends to register. This is going to be a BLOW-OUT paintball party, the first of its kind in the Southeast - you WANT to be there!

FatMan

boomerfoxtrot
09-18-2002, 09:51 AM
well damn.. piss on me then..
I wasn't going to regester till I had the cash to send off... but I guess I will now :D

Dayspring
09-18-2002, 10:00 AM
Hey FatMan

Just want to make sure you have mine. You know, with all that mess and all.

Mango
09-18-2002, 11:41 AM
Check is in the mail today!!! Sorry for the delay. College is kwazzzzy. :D

spacemanspiff
09-18-2002, 01:32 PM
Just registered :D I should have the check in the mail in a day or 2.

FatMan
09-18-2002, 03:15 PM
Hey FatMan

Just want to make sure you have mine. You know, with all that mess and all.

Yeah dayspring, I gotcha! Things seem to be working fine!

FatMan

personman
09-18-2002, 03:24 PM
Did somebody say Tom?
Really, I would register right now, if I had some sort of ride approved by my mom. :(
Oh dear, now I feel like crap again

FatMan
09-18-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by personman
Did somebody say Tom?
Really, I would register right now, if I had some sort of ride approved by my mom. :(
Oh dear, now I feel like crap again

We're working on him, but he won't agree yet - we need to show him that LOTS of AO'ers will be there.

Personman, we've got to work something out with your Mom so she'll let you come up! How old are you?

FatMan

Collegeboy
09-18-2002, 07:08 PM
Could you hope on a greyhound or something.

FatMan
09-19-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Collegeboy
Could you hope on a greyhound or something.

Hey Personman, that's a good idea - the bus comes up from Atlanta to Anderson, SC. The AmTrak train also comes up from Atlanta right into Clemson.

Is your mom's concern how you get here, or where you will be while you are here? I am a responsible adult, father of 3, my son is 12 and will be playing. I could have my wife talk to your Mom if that would make her more comfortable. Army and his 15 year old daughter will also be staying with us. Maybe your mom would feel better knowing there is a place she could call to reach you and check on you and that there would be responsible adults willing to keep up with you.

I don't know if those are the issues or not, but if so, we can talk to her.

FatMan

===> 29 pre-registered!

Load SM5
09-19-2002, 09:34 AM
Well, I'm sure she would'nt go for this. But I'm driving straight through Atlanta on the way there. I could drive you out there and bring you back Sunday and save your Mom a bit of money. I'm a 30 year old, married, homeowner and completely harmless. If she wants to call me and verify that I'm not a psycho she's more than welcome.

Kaiser Bob
09-19-2002, 12:04 PM
Well, I'm sure she would'nt go for this. But I'm driving straight through Atlanta on the way there. I could drive you out there and bring you back Sunday and save your Mom a bit of money. I'm a 30 year old, married, homeowner and completely harmless. If she wants to call me and verify that I'm not a psycho she's more than welcome.

I dont know Load, I think once she sees the long hair she wont let you within 100 feet of her DS. :)

Load SM5
09-19-2002, 12:16 PM
True enough, so definately should'nt show her a pic of Phil!

personman
09-19-2002, 12:40 PM
Actually load, my brother probally has about the same amount of hair that you do :D :eek:
You guys ar real nice tho, I'll ask again.. and again, and again. I WILL be there, I just dont know how.
Fatman, I think its both.. riding a greyhound or the amtrack would be just as bad if not WORSE than riding up with an AOer. I dont have ny sort of clue where I would stay while I was up there, but my main problem is transportation. Money isnt a problem. :)

Dayspring
09-19-2002, 02:51 PM
FatMan/CPhilip-

I saw somebody in Buy/Sell Misc. doing something cool. They were posting stuff they were bringing to the AO day in New England. That way people could possibly buy stuff there. Might not be a bad idea.

FatMan
09-20-2002, 07:37 AM
FatMan/CPhilip-

I saw somebody in Buy/Sell Misc. doing something cool. They were posting stuff they were bringing to the AO day in New England. That way people could possibly buy stuff there. Might not be a bad idea.

That IS a cool idea! If enough ppl decided to do that we could set up a "flea market" area or something.

Personman, What I'm saying is that we could probably arrange a place for you to stay with a family (like mine or Uncle Phil's) and we'd be happy to talk to your mom and let her know who we are and how to get in touch and all that in hopes of calming her fears.

The transport thing is a bigger issue. I'm not sure what her concern is: is she concerned that you'd be riding with a young, inexperienced, possibly unsafe driver, or is she concerned that you wouldn't get where you were going? So, on AmTrak, for example, she knows you are safe, and will only go where you are supposed to go. If there is a responsbile adult meeting you at the train, making sure she gets a call that you arrived, a place where she can call if she gets worried, etc.

Of course, if the problem is she won't let you go off for the weekend alone no matter what, there isn't much we can do.

So, you should try to talk to her and find out what her concerns are and see if there is a way to deal with them. If there is and we can help, let us know.

FatMan

Wc Keep
09-21-2002, 02:11 PM
up for the day

paint magnet
09-22-2002, 11:15 AM
Just registered! I might bring a friend so I put down 2 people just in case. Can't wait...

Dayspring
09-23-2002, 09:50 AM
Up for the day...

Oh yeah, if everything works out, I'll be flying in Friday morning. Anybody going to be around to keep me entertained? :D

P8ntballerAK
09-24-2002, 07:16 AM
I will be driving from Alaska through Canada to South carolina, Anything I hit on the way there I will be sure to trow in the back of the car for dessert. I think I will stay in Sc for a while, you know, make it my permanent residence. I am bringing the wife and kids so It should be a hell of a time. Then I can finally play my first REAL game of paintball. OH YEA!!

BTW Army I am sorry you won't get the long distance award, if you want to come pick me up, I am sure my travel could be overlooked:D .

P8ntballerAK
09-24-2002, 09:01 AM
Personman,
If you don't ind a little cluter, I am sure my wife will let youstay with us. We are moving to SC just before AO day(actually I am moving because of AO day, but don't tell my wife) Anyhow let us know.

I am gonna have to change my nick to P8ntballerSC

Dayspring
09-24-2002, 01:30 PM
So, what's our count now? Do we get a list of who's who? :D

BTW- is anybody going to be around on sunday? I may or may not fly out monday. Depends on if there's something to do. Or I could go visit a lady friend of mine 4 hours away ;)

cphilip
09-24-2002, 01:57 PM
I don't know...I do not have access to the server the thing is on. Its on Fatman's server. I will probably wait till the end of this week since we still got a lot of time left. And then get Fatman to give us an up date so we can see how we are doing...

We did just get normal flyers out today. Outside AO notifications have just begun.

Spray I got your check.

Dayspring
09-25-2002, 12:20 PM
Just got travel info-

11/8/02
Leaving NJ @ 9:35a (Newark)
Arriving SC @ 11:30a (Greenville/Spartanburg)
Continental #3453

11/11/02
Leaving SC @ 12:10p (Greenville/Spartanburg)
Arriving NJ @ 2:00p (Newark)
Continental #4058

Total Cost- $5.00 :D

Do we have anything going on Friday night or Sunday afternoon?

cphilip
09-25-2002, 12:24 PM
Soon as we hear from a number of you coming in Friday and staying on some Sunday we will start some plans for that! Lets get a group thing talking then!

hitech
09-25-2002, 12:30 PM
Just got travel info...
Total Cost- $5.00 :D

How did you do that!? Employee discount? If I could get that kind of discount travel I'd be there. :(

Load SM5
09-25-2002, 12:38 PM
My cunning plan is to leave Friday morning bright and early and try at make it there by around 1-2 that afternoon. If I'm driving 5 hours I plan on making a slightly longer weekend out of it.

Dayspring
09-25-2002, 01:20 PM
Frequent Flyer Miles :D

Originally posted by hitech

How did you do that!? Employee discount? If I could get that kind of discount travel I'd be there. :(

Load-

Where are you staying? At the Holiday Inn (I think that's the one) cuz I should be getting there about the same time (50 miles from Clemson to Airport)

Conqueror
09-26-2002, 12:55 PM
Anyone willing to share a 4-way room fee? I'd rather just get 3 other guys who are willing to split the room for the night, 'cuz that'll cut the room fee to $15 apiece, which is a pretty damn good price. If you're wiling, PM me or email me and we can try to work something out.

CQ

Load SM5
09-26-2002, 01:05 PM

Load-

Where are you staying? At the Holiday Inn (I think that's the one) cuz I should be getting there about the same time (50 miles from Clemson to Airport)

Hopefully on Phil's couch, but if I have to I can splurge for a room somewhere.

cphilip
09-26-2002, 01:08 PM
Don't foget I got us a group rate at the Days Inn... see the front page about that.

Load we fix you up.

ntn4502
09-26-2002, 02:00 PM
Thats too far for me to drive by myself, if anybody is going from northeast Ohio, Let me know... I'm a good road trippin person:D

dansim
09-29-2002, 09:57 PM
Total Estimated Time: 18 hours, 15 minutes(from the end of cape cod)

anyone from mass going or wanna rent a car or van and go???

Dayspring
09-30-2002, 11:29 PM
Just an FYI, I booked my hotel room today. I don't know how many others have yet.

It was kinda fun trying to explain what "Automags Online" was to the guy I talked to.:D

ntn4502
09-30-2002, 11:39 PM
God i wanna go so bad... Nobody is going from Northeast Ohio?:(

cphilip
10-01-2002, 07:34 AM
It was kinda fun trying to explain what "Automags Online" was to the guy I talked to.:D

He won't forget in about a month!!! :D

Wc Keep
10-01-2002, 09:38 AM
hey phil i just wanted to mention that we are being blessed with an appearance from the newest ao girl Devil. any word on capo if she coming or not? oh and i sorta lost my registration paper that im supposed to mail to you how do i go about getting another one? and we cant forget about waivers can we.

cphilip
10-01-2002, 10:35 AM
Just go back in there and print out a blank copy and hand fill it in.

GREat!!! She knows where to register correct? If not please stear her there and ask her to go ahead and do that part ASAP.

We will put the waver link up soon. It may already be on the Gold Dragon site but I need to look and see.

Dayspring
10-01-2002, 11:35 AM
So, can we get a "Who's Who" list of attendees? I always like knowing who's watching/shooting my back.

(and the only reason I'm getting my back shot is b/c I got bunkered. Not running away. :P)

boomerfoxtrot
10-01-2002, 08:32 PM
About Devil... she's comming... and she's sleeping with me that weekend... oh wait... she sleeps with me everynight!-)

PERSONMAN!!!! Invite me over for dinner, or something I can meet your parents, give them a copy of my Driver record, heck.. I'm a HS soccer and basketball coach. I could give you a ride, but as far as a place to stay, (I'm not sure what were doing yet, more then likey.. a hotel, but we might camp.)

Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to better your chances of comming.... hehehe.. let me guess... STAY FAR AWAY!! lol.........

Load SM5
10-01-2002, 08:59 PM
Boomer, do any of you guys form Atlanta want to hook up and car pool over? I'm driving right through Atlanta and can pick up a few people and still have room.

cphilip
10-01-2002, 09:02 PM
I did hear from Dawn Mills of Warpig. Basically no firm commitment yet but she feels they are not busy then...so we get the numbers I am pretty certian we can snag em and Tom still waiting on numbers too. We got month but we realy do need to get to talking this up and snagging a few more people. Get on it guys!!!

Most of this will be in the first post so check there for updates on the members coming and celebs coming. I will post all this there.

Wc Keep
10-01-2002, 10:21 PM
alright the mills are gonna come cause im gonna start inviting everybody and their mother. this way when i bunker cphilip theyll post a nice picture of it on warpig.

boomerfoxtrot
10-02-2002, 06:07 AM
Boomer, do any of you guys form Atlanta want to hook up and car pool over? I'm driving right through Atlanta and can pick up a few people and still have room.

We can talk about it... I'll have a big truck... room for 5-6, and a car top carrier on the back for our stuff. If we camp, I'll be pulling a camper, and then the camp stuff... when are you going to be comming up????

I think we were planing on going up friday afternoon sometime... 4ish.. (that way we don't have to set up in the dark) I will have 3 that I know of.. .maybe more. So what might work, if we are not slapped full is to ride with us... but if we don't camp, and we get a room... then I won't have to have the truck...

But if either way, we can meet up if your comming through Friday afternoon or sometime around then... and then follow eachother. =]

Load SM5
10-02-2002, 06:48 AM
I was going to take that Friday off and drive over. So whenever you guys want to meet up that's fine with me.

1stdeadeye
10-02-2002, 08:51 AM
It's official. I can't go. Satan-in-law has won. We are going to Punta Cana for our anniversary instead of AO SC:( !

I hope you all have a blast. I'll definitely be there next time!

Dayspring
10-02-2002, 09:06 AM
I'll be at the hotel around 2ish, probably alone and kinda bored. Mind if I tag along?

I was going to take that Friday off and drive over. So whenever you guys want to meet up that's fine with me.

Wc Keep
10-02-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
It's official. I can't go. Satan-in-law has won. We are going to Punta Cana for our anniversary instead of AO SC:( !

I hope you all have a blast. I'll definitely be there next time!

where the heck is punta cana? myrtle beach is just as nice a vacation spot.

1stdeadeye
10-02-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Wc Keep

where the heck is punta cana? myrtle beach is just as nice a vacation spot.

It is on the east coast of the Dominican Republic. It is one of the new hot spots for all inclusive Carribean resorts.

On the plus side, all the alcohol I can drink is included.

ntn4502
10-02-2002, 10:39 AM
ahhhhh... is anybody going thats even close ohio

personman
10-02-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by boomerfoxtrot

PERSONMAN!!!! Invite me over for dinner, or something I can meet your parents, give them a copy of my Driver record, heck.. I'm a HS soccer and basketball coach. I could give you a ride, but as far as a place to stay, (I'm not sure what were doing yet, more then likey.. a hotel, but we might camp.)

Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to better your chances of comming.... hehehe.. let me guess... STAY FAR AWAY!! lol.........
Yea sure, I'll talk to her again. I dont think she is worried about anyone driving me off the freeway into a tree, mostly I guess kidnapping or something like that.
I'm not sure.. and I have never seen her paranoid before but she is all like 'people who usually do this pretend to be nice' ect ect ect. I dunno.
I'd actually rather NOT go with my family :p

boomerfoxtrot
10-02-2002, 05:48 PM
cool...
I am thinking we should head out either 12-3 or 6-8 cause of traffic....

personman.... talk to her... I'm cool about meeting with her or something... I'm not going to kidnapp you.. what would I do with you... *grin* .... target practice!!! joking....

as the time gets closer... PM me on getting a time set up to drive up... =]

Load SM5
10-02-2002, 05:54 PM
The earlier the better, if possible. If I leave at 9 that would put me in Atlanta by noon. I'd love to get to SC fairly early so as to avoid stumbling around in the woods and get some socializing in Friday night. If I drive 5 hours or so I want to make a lengthy weekend out of it.;)

boomerfoxtrot
10-02-2002, 08:57 PM
OK, let me get things together, and see what the earliest time would be for us to pull out here.....

Wc Keep
10-03-2002, 05:01 PM
hey guys i have an idea how bout we put all the other people against the nj ao contingent on the hill challenge? i mean we already know we are the best paintball playing contingent on ao so we just wanna prove it now.

ntn4502
10-03-2002, 06:16 PM
How about anybody planning on I driving through Ohio? (I'm on the verge of giving up:( )

cphilip
10-04-2002, 10:23 AM
Nobody in Ohio? Gotta be one of you!

Getting some updated numbers together I hope today to see how we are doing to date.

Lets get those registrations in people. I see quite a few coming have not filled out the form yet. Remember you do not pay then you do later this month! Get it done now! I wanna go down to WC with 100 registered members to bargain with for Celebrities and Maybe some donations for prizes. Your getting me closer but not there yet!!!

wyn1370
10-04-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by ntn4502
How about anybody planning on I driving through Ohio? (I'm on the verge of giving up:( )
I might be going. If so I'm not sure exactly where in Ohio I'll be going through.

Dayspring
10-04-2002, 10:52 AM
Around 10 people versus everyone else? Sounds fair to me. ;) Ranks up there with AO Mods versus everyone else. :D

hey guys i have an idea how bout we put all the other people against the nj ao contingent on the hill challenge? i mean we already know we are the best paintball playing contingent on ao so we just wanna prove it now.

Wc Keep
10-04-2002, 12:39 PM
yeah but the ao mods game would only last 5 minutes or so. the nj game would go on for a very long time seeing as we are too skilled for the rest of them...:D

Dayspring
10-04-2002, 12:46 PM
Don't go stirring up a hornets' nest worth of trouble... We're going into their territory. Be nice...

And you don't even have a ride down there yet do you? When you book transportation, THEN you can smack talk. :D

yeah but the ao mods game would only last 5 minutes or so. the nj game would go on for a very long time seeing as we are too skilled for the rest of them...:D

Army
10-04-2002, 02:37 PM
HAHAHAHA! WCKeep has been shooting a cardboard cutout of me for weeks now.....he's too afraid to take on the real thing:)

Army
10-04-2002, 02:46 PM
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but all you SPPLAT members can use your discounts at area motels, and for car rentals too.

Dayspring
10-04-2002, 02:53 PM
NOW YOU TELL ME!!! (but would it discount Phil's price on the hotel? It's already pretty low.)

Originally posted by Army
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but all you SPPLAT members can use your discounts at area motels, and for car rentals too.

ntn4502
10-04-2002, 04:32 PM
wyn- I'm by Akron, lmk if your gonna be close if you decide to go

Devil
10-07-2002, 01:41 PM
well, it's official, I've registered... and taken off of work for the whole weekend...I'll be heading up there with boomer and a few others...so...I guess I'll see everyone there...

cphilip
10-07-2002, 01:43 PM
ALRIGHT! You go girl. Not to worry I got a marker for you to borrow and there will be plenty of em here if your not set up yet

Come on folks come challenge "the Devil"! :D

wyn1370
10-07-2002, 01:54 PM
wyn- I'm by Akron, lmk if your gonna be close if you decide to go
We'd be comming straight down 75. We could pick you up along there. (still tenative on the whole trip)

Devil
10-07-2002, 02:19 PM
ALRIGHT! You go girl. Not to worry I got a marker for you to borrow and there will be plenty of em here if your not set up yet

Come on folks come challenge "the Devil"! :D

Thanks...I'm trying to get my own before then, but I'll remeber the offer...I also want to have my engine for my car by then...maybe I should start a fund...
I bet if everyone sent me $10 bucks I could do it...
(I want my car back)

Be careful...you might not get anyone else to come...
hehe...j/k

ntn4502
10-07-2002, 04:41 PM
WOOT!:D ,its not even for sure, and I'm getting stoked. I just looked at a map, and it doesnt really look like 75 is too close to Akron, so maybe we could meet halfway or something.

cphilip
10-08-2002, 08:44 AM
Big News.... you need to come....

Dayspring
10-08-2002, 09:24 AM
Care to share? :D

cphilip
10-08-2002, 09:27 AM
Not yet...waiting on permission... It's BIG!

Dayspring
10-08-2002, 09:54 AM
Paintball tease.

:P

cphilip
10-08-2002, 11:25 AM
See the first page!!! Tom is coming!!!!!

Dayspring
10-08-2002, 11:37 AM
SWEEEEEEET!!!!!!!

I'm calling first dibs on a picture with him!!!!

dropkick1
10-08-2002, 12:01 PM
i wish i wasn't a poor college stuent who doesn't have enough money to go to SC, damn, i wish i did now.

ken

Dayspring
10-08-2002, 12:05 PM
Oh yeah- TOM'S ON MY TEAM! (for the 3 man! I'll even pay! :D)

Thordic
10-08-2002, 12:25 PM
Booooo, Tom was supposed to come to our AO day first!!!

:(

*goes off and cries in the corner*

;)

cphilip
10-08-2002, 12:29 PM
Well it is the start of the trend. Presedents!!!! We show him how good these are and we got him up to NJ next summer. Simple as that! I looking forward to that one too!

Army
10-08-2002, 12:54 PM
hahahaha! I let the cat out of the bag last night in the chat room!

Wc Keep
10-08-2002, 12:58 PM
i know i shouldve entered the chat room last night i knew it. wait wasnt i in the chat room last night???

wyn1370
10-08-2002, 01:12 PM
I just looked at a map, and it doesnt really look like 75 is too close to Akron, so maybe we could meet halfway or something.
Our schedules gonna be really tight. So about the only way it's gonna work is if we meet you somewhere along where we're already going.

personman
10-08-2002, 03:58 PM
Im not going unless there is someone going up that morning and coming back that night, and is willing to pick me up.

FrAuStY
10-08-2002, 05:56 PM
Well I haven't registered yet.. I gotta talk this over with the ole lady. Also gotta schedule my off time. BTW.. I checked the website for the paintball field.. and the Waiver they have is reall shoddy. It's WAY TOO BIG, and only the top 30% shows up. the rest is all white. And another question.. whats the exact Address for the field? I checked map quest using Clemson, Calhoun and just South Carolina.. none pulled up a legit addy.

I've been in dire need of a vactaion..and I think this could be just the ticket. Too bad my woman can't come with me :( Anyway.. I'd really like to come, and I believe I can pull it off.

Anyone looking to bunk up with one person please pm me. I'd like to split the room charges with someone if they want.. I'd need a smoking room :) and possibly a roomate that smokes as well, that way I don't have to hear about it!
Also.. (not to be picky) but I'd like the majority of the roomies to be 21+ as I'm going to bring BEER to da hotel!

Please... someone let me know whats going on.. I missed the AO FL day as I didn't have the cash but this one it far enough off I can save the 150$-200$ for the trip.

Also.. I'll be taking I-95 north to I-26 over to Clemson. If anyone on the way needs a ride.. I may have room for one if my girlfriend can't go. I have a nissan pickup with plenty of room in the bed for gear (I have a tannaeu cover so the gear will be protected in case showers are encountered). I'm excited and can't wait! Lemme know!

cphilip
10-08-2002, 06:15 PM
Ok I will check on that waver. You sound old enough not to need one signed before it though!!! ;)

Try zip code 29631 Should work for you.

Easier route could be if you cross over to 75 then take 85 through Atlanta. Well you take the by pass and miss it I think 285 for a bit then back to 85... But its then just right off 85. But that route you say will work. It may be better for you to cross over though. Let me know. We get you here!

Love to have you.

Phil

ntn4502
10-08-2002, 07:00 PM
10 hours, 24 minutes 611.98 miles Akron to Clemson
4 hours, 9 minutes 214.44 Waterford to Akron
13 hours, 25 minutes 740.57 miles Waterford to Clemson

ehh:( tryed to do it from Columbus too, wasnt much better, and thats about the as far as i can go with a place to keep my truck. Its up to you man

Conqueror
10-08-2002, 07:10 PM
See the first page!!! Tom is coming!!!!!

Woohoo! I finally get to meet the big man. :D

Dibs on stealing the gun dyno graphs from his car! lol

CQ

FrAuStY
10-08-2002, 07:23 PM
Ok I will check on that waver. You sound old enough not to need one signed before it though!!! ;)

Try zip code 29631 Should work for you.

Easier route could be if you cross over to 75 then take 85 through Atlanta. Well you take the by pass and miss it I think 285 for a bit then back to 85... But its then just right off 85. But that route you say will work. It may be better for you to cross over though. Let me know. We get you here!

Love to have you.

Phil

I thought about that..but I hate the I-75 stretch between Valdosta and Atlanta, it just seem to tak eforever as there are no cities around..what-so-ever. I'm gittin all giddy :) like a school with a crush! Anyway... love to be comin, I'll be bringin my cam, and maybe some extra camp chairs and such for people to rest their tired "old" rumps on LOL. I'm gonna go home tonight and plot a course on Street Maps USA software hopefully my original route will turn out to be quicker.. if the i-75 route winds up being shorter I'll prolly run that way. (My trucks never been to Atlanta WOOT! It's been all up the east coast just not any farther west than Lake City Fla. :)

Also, I know it says Nov 8-9, are we gonna be playing both days? Just saturday? Just Sunday? I'm thinking about taking Friday 11/7 and monday 11/10 off from work so I can leave friday night.. drive all night and be there by 6 am on Saturday..then get a few hours shut-eye before we play on saturday.

Conqueror
10-08-2002, 07:27 PM
W00t! I justed added my official registration to the list.

Phil - could we get the full list of attendees posted here for everyone to see?

CQ

cphilip
10-08-2002, 07:51 PM
Nothing Official on Sunday but we can go out to the Clubs field and mess around for those people staying. We can do that. And in fact I will start working on that. Sounds like we have a good enough crowd to get a game up. Count on it. I will annouce how that is later. Offical day is the 9th only but its easy to do the 10th too. For some pick up play. In fact we may be able to buy up the leftover paint maybe even a hair cheaper at the end of the day and use it the next day. I will see about that. I am sure we can work that out.

Good Conq!!! We look forward to you being here.

Dayspring
10-08-2002, 09:10 PM
Two Words-

TECH CLASS!!

oldsoldier
10-09-2002, 09:04 AM
Man, I really wish I could make this! You guys were so much fun in NJ! Ah well, good luck, and have fun!!!

FrAuStY
10-09-2002, 12:04 PM
Well..I have yet one more question. My girlfriend will be coming with me. Do I need to pay a registration fee for her? I don't think she'll be playing. If she does wind up wanting to play I'll gladly pay the field and air fee there at the field. Should I just send a check for 30$ instead of $25 to cover her food costs at the after play party? I'm gonna go ahead a register with guest. Phil, I'll wait to hear from you before I send the check. If need be I can make it for $50, but like I said..I doubt she'll be playing.
Thanks for the info mang ;)

cphilip
10-09-2002, 12:41 PM
Good question! OK here is the breakdown...

the all day air and field fee is $10 so if your going to play and not attend the dinner band party then $10. thats all going to the field anyway.

The dinner band party is $15 so if your going to come watch and not play but want to come to the Dinner party then $15 a head. Hey! thats exactly what its costing me a head for that and that includes the food, Tea or water, and gratuity. Cash bar though.

Paint sales are used to pay the cost of paint from supplier (of course) and also paying for the band and if any profit made over that is generated then its going to be donated to the clubs who are volunteering as refs and such. Over about 60 cases need to be sold to break even there and give them some donation.

Either way register each person thats gonna be there but comment on the slip when you send it in what you are planning to do.

If she decides to play when she gets there just pay the additional $10 then and she will be fine.

So in your example 1 player and 2 for dinner party then $40. And if she want to play she can decide that day and pay the field $10 more then. But you would register 2 as I need those numbers to make sure the food is adequate.

Cool? :)

cphilip
10-09-2002, 12:43 PM
OH! Important!!!! The party is where the Raffles are going to be!!!!! Free stuff!!!!!!! :D

Dayspring
10-09-2002, 01:58 PM
Now that we have the big guy himself coming (not God, but close enough for some)- are we getting Bill & Dawn Mills? C'mon. This has become a HUGE event!

FrAuStY
10-09-2002, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the timely response phil.... YOU DA MAN! I don't care what anybody says about ya ;) You're a good guy! Well I've registered for two.. and the checks in the mail!

Conqueror
10-09-2002, 08:23 PM
So Phil... how's about that list of registered folks?

CQ

TNS2k2
10-09-2002, 08:57 PM
Well i would love to go, but i need to find another Canadian in the Ontario that i can maybe talk about details with. PM me if you are a Canadian going.

Brazen
10-10-2002, 08:06 AM
A gang from Charleston will be showing up too! I just registered 2 of us... hopefully lots more will follow.

Frausty... does your girlfriend ever play? I'm interested in meeting other chicks who play on a regular basis while we're in Clemson that day. :D A friend and I here in Charleson, SC are attempting to put together an all-girl team (a first for our area) and it'd be fun to talk to others!

Phil... how many registrations ya got so far? And I'm wondering about the 3-man tourney... do you have to be shooting a mag to enter?? Don'tcha want an Angel in the mix too? LOL! :cool:

cphilip
10-10-2002, 08:19 AM
51 have bothered to hit the registration form as of yesterday. Then there is you two and some more maybe by today. Not sure of todays total. Prolly another 20 or more I talking to have not done the official registrations yet so I cannot count them yet...but they say they will. And a hand full of others I think will too. I waiting till it sorts itself out a bit to post em up. Some I have AO screen names and some I do not.

Please the rest of you saying you are coming please go ahead and do that registration now and pay later. Also note the impending hold on the Room rates is coming up soon. I need to be able to get a close count and from what I can see its not possible yet. DO IT!!!

Also lets get recruiting. If you want this to happen again and bigger and better I better see 100+ people out here this first one!!! ;)

You do not have to shoot a mag for 3 man. All are welcome. That registration will be the morning of play.

Be sure to check the first page of this whole thread daily for further anouncements!

FrAuStY
10-10-2002, 09:49 AM
Brazen,

Yes she plays, but her half-brother (she never knew she had until 4 months ago) lives in SC, she's hoping to meet him and would rather see him than play. Which I can understand. I'm going to bring my extra gun/mask/tank for her to use if she wishes.. I want to see her play. She was worried she was going to be the only girl there and I literally laughed, I told her she has no idea how many girls actually play paintball, and how many are coming to this event. Who knows.. I will see everyone there... I'll be drivin my pimp little nissan pickup so if ya see it.. come talk.. my name's Ryan, her name's Kelly, and we'll be THERE!

P.S. I'm hopin to have my AO name in vinyl on the back window of my truck. We'll see what my Bro can do ;)

*EDIT* -
Phil,

You may want to edit the first post, and inform everyone if you call the 800 number for the hotel doing the group rate, they know nothing about the special rates. You actually have to call the hotel directly at (864) 653-4411, to get that rate. Otherwise they will charge you the normal 59$ a night.

cphilip
10-10-2002, 10:27 AM
Good point! I didn't know that. I will move that info to the front!

cphilip
10-11-2002, 07:15 AM
Up for the day!

cphilip
10-12-2002, 10:59 AM
Someone asked me about cost reductions for children for the dinner. For some reason I had not even thought of that! I will ask the restraunt Monday and see if we cannot get that done. I will post that info then.

Conqueror
10-12-2002, 10:05 PM
still waitin' on that list... :D

CQ

personman
10-13-2002, 11:34 AM
err
Who is going up on the 9th (morning) that could pick me up on the way (im in atlanta)
My mom can come up to sc and spend the night in a hotel or something.

ICOM
10-13-2002, 11:46 AM
no way for me getting there so i guess i will sit this one out :(

cphilip
10-13-2002, 04:55 PM
ICOM, there are plenty of folks coming from there. See the NJ thread link in the first page.

dansim
10-14-2002, 08:27 AM
TtT