PDA

View Full Version : chances of redoing lvl10

mumbles000
08-13-2002, 06:22 PM
friend of mine was talking to tom over the weekend in PA and told me tom was thinking of redoing lvl 10 upgrades cause of all the leaking problems.
first off is this true tom?
second i was going to order a lvl 10 today should i do it now or wait. and if i do and something changes would it be a free upgrade for it?

sniper1rfa
08-13-2002, 06:38 PM
what leaks? i havent heard any leak problems.

AGD
08-13-2002, 06:40 PM
No thats not the case, we are working on additonal methods of tuning but that will not affect the base kit. You will always need the kit we sell now.

AGD

mumbles000
08-13-2002, 06:42 PM
i probably typed that wrong but thanks :)
i just dont wanna wait 3-4 weeks for the lvl10 just to send it back again.

magman007
08-13-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by AGD
You will always need the kit we sell now.

AGD

ah, so the truth is revealed... lol!:D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

Jonno06
08-13-2002, 06:55 PM
lol..i know this kid named brandon and he likes to be called 'Mumbles'

yea,what leaking problems?

rx2
08-13-2002, 07:36 PM
Perhaps this deals with the inability of some people to find a carrier that works. I know some were complaining they were using the smallest carriers because all of the others were too large. If a carrier creates a loose fit, the bolt stem will not seal properly.
I don't remember of hearing any other problems.

mumbles000
08-13-2002, 07:41 PM
well thinking about it this kid never shot a mag hes an avid angle man.

drx975
08-13-2002, 11:58 PM
I think that people are forgetting something: you get more than one oring; if you cant get rid of a leak, maybe the oring is too small -- try one of the others in the kit! Orings can be made wrong and a SMALL error in size can make a huge difference when we are dealing with a snug but not too snug seal.

So my advice to those with leak problems is to try a different oring (from the kit of course).

DiRTyBuNNy
08-14-2002, 10:37 AM
I would have to agree whole-heartedly with the oring arguement. I just cracked open my LX kit the other night for my new stock emag and the 2 orings in the kit were almost 2 carrier sizes different when fitting to the bolt stem..i went with the slightly smaller oring because of it's ability to start out on the 2 carrier which gives me a more baseline approach just like Miscue's video install.

cphilip
08-14-2002, 10:45 AM
Yes O-Rings vary. even within batches. This is why you have so many carriers. This batch was fairly large openings. So they have to be pinched down more by the carrier. Thats why so many of us are finding ourselves using the lower numbered (tighter)carriers this time. They are all from the same batch. Later they may not be so large and we can use larger carriers when we see a new batch.

I think I got that right! :confused: