PDA

View Full Version : tourny rulz

EsPo
08-13-2002, 10:15 PM
im about to enter a tourny on sunday.. my first :D and i was wondering, if i loaded a pod, and i throw it and someone hits it in the air, am i out? also people in the dead box cant talk to players on the field right(not my question, a friends.. he didnt believe me when i told him this)?

HoppysMag
08-13-2002, 10:19 PM
its best to ask the staff once you get to the tourney... i dont know bout the pod, but most places dont let you talk once your out...

FordPrefect
08-13-2002, 10:21 PM
If your pod gets shot, like in that example, you are not out, because it is no longer part of your person. But if you had it in a harness, and it got shot, you are out. And, no, players in the dead box can't talk to players on the field.

Or shoot at players on the feild. :D

a_malfunction
08-13-2002, 10:29 PM
I have a question.... Why on earth do people throw their empty pods to begin with? Doesnt it make more sense to just drop it at your feet?

EsPo
08-13-2002, 10:33 PM
once, i used it as a distraction, i threw it on one side of this guy and he was starin at it, while my friend went around and bunkered him, that is not usually why people throw them though... sometimes u just get that urge....

subbeh
08-13-2002, 10:49 PM
Some tournies, if the pod is withing a few feet of your body and gets hit, you're out.

It was that way at my old field, so I got in the habbit of chucking my pods next to the sideline (I ussually play tape...)

RetroEclipseMan
08-14-2002, 02:56 AM
i thought that you weren't allowed to leave behind equipment such as empty pods?

Cliffio
08-14-2002, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by RetroEclipseMan
i thought that you weren't allowed to leave behind equipment such as empty pods?

your not in some tournys

Troy
08-14-2002, 06:21 AM
You should be able to get the NPPL rules off of Warpig.com. Just look in the tournament section. Most tournaments use some variation of those rules.

As for throwing the pod, you are not out if it gets shot. If you pick up a pod that has been shot you will be eliminated.

dio91
08-14-2002, 08:39 AM
Espomag454, what tourney are you playing in? One here in CT? What part are you from

dio

TheTramp
08-14-2002, 10:15 AM
I throw my pods a little ways just to get them out from under my feet/knees. It just makes sure they aren't interfearing with your game. If I have a few seconds I'll stick it back into my pack. If not...I chuck it.

rehme
08-14-2002, 10:51 AM
most torneys around here if the pod gets hit in mid air than your not out but if it gets shot in your hand your out we can only leave empty pods some people had their hoppers fall off when they slide and they were farther than 3 feet they where out