PDA

View Full Version : Open Bolted Cocker Question

BenD
08-13-2002, 11:21 PM
ok this may be retarded or old news so be somewhat kind if it is.......

__________________________________________________ _

Ok you know how a cocker's back block goes back when you pull and forward when you let go???

could you make a gun just like that but the opposite? goes forward when you pull and stays back when you let go???

But not just like a rear cocking rod, something that will actually hold it's posistion untill something else happens to the trigger?

would that be possible, or is there something already like that??

Thanks a lot,
Ben

InvisibleBill
08-14-2002, 12:59 PM
Yeah, thats possible with a cocker, my friends did that. I think you would just have to reverse the two air hoses that make the cocker cock when you pull. I guess. I am curious, why would you want that? Just to have it be different? Thanks, InvisBill.

sniper1rfa
08-14-2002, 02:03 PM
it works fine. a did it to a friends cocker when he was going to buy paint. just set it up so at the very beginning of the pull the back block was back, then a space before the sear went to let the back block get foward. boy was he pissed, he though his gun was broken. he brought it to a tech and the tech pulled the trigger and started cracking up. :-)

08-14-2002, 03:00 PM
some company out there has an electrococker mod that transforms it into an open bolt. do a search for "firestorm autococker" on google and you should find some suff.

BenD
08-14-2002, 03:15 PM
will do

*for future readers... I didnt really mean for a cocker, but just for another gun....

i just said cocker cuz it has the backblock and moves like that......

I meant to incorporate into a open bolted gun in the future

MarkM
08-17-2002, 07:50 PM
Don't know about the Firestorm Kit as I haven't looked that deeply into it although they have sent me emails,but anyhow these guys do the open bolt electro cocker and have been doing for nearly 18 months Site here (http://www.racegun.dk) check out the short block version they have there too

Darkling
08-17-2002, 08:11 PM
hm...intersting. id like to try this with my cocker just for fun. could someone who knows how to do this plz pm me with instructions? thanks. also, would there be any new issues with the timing when you retime it like this? thanks

Darkling

FreshmanBob
08-18-2002, 02:32 PM
eh, racegun cockers are nicer, the triggers on those things are sick. 22 bps when they bounce off your fingers.

athomas
08-21-2002, 12:58 PM
If you do get your cocker converted to an open bolt design, the benefits are that you now have a better chance of loading a ball into the breach when firing at strange angles. The breach will be open for a longer period of time.

milf350
08-24-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Darkling
hm...intersting. id like to try this with my cocker just for fun. could someone who knows how to do this plz pm me with instructions? thanks. also, would there be any new issues with the timing when you retime it like this?

Just switch the front and back Pneumatic hoses and the back block will stay open when the triggeris released, and the back block will close when the trigger is pulled. this will cause problems though cause the gun sear is tripped at the beginning of the trigger pull, meaning that there is a chance of the valve hole and the air flow hole in the bolt not lining up when the valve is opened. I hope that made sense to you guys.
~Brian

PBpunk
08-30-2002, 11:32 AM
you have to time the gun so the 4-way switches before the sear is tripped it works but i dont think its that useful its fun to mess around with though

MAGgot
08-30-2002, 10:11 PM
If you want an open bolt electrococker, why don't you just buy a Rainmaker?