PDA

View Full Version : extreme emags vs shocktech emags

MagUser4Life
08-14-2002, 03:30 AM
i was wondering what the differences are between the two? i thought it said somewhere the the SFL emags weighed more than the extremes, so whats the advantages of buying a SFL?

FooTemps
08-14-2002, 03:36 AM
The advantage is this one thing... The letters SFL engraved on the emag and the knowledge it's made by shocktech. The design is pretty neat too but I like flow-ish designs more than structual designs.

MagUser4Life
08-14-2002, 03:39 AM
ive been thinking of buying an emag and have decided on an extreme or SFL and the SFL doesnt seem to offer any real advantage over the extreme. how much was the extreme? i didnt see any posts on the price of them.

manike
08-14-2002, 04:52 AM
The standard Extreme is heavier than the SFL since the SFL is a milled Extreme...

The C&C extreme is a little lighter than the SFL I believe by 2oz, but I haven't independently weighed a SFL body (just from what TK mentioned one time).

manike

Load SM5
08-14-2002, 07:10 AM
Since all the SFL's are being upgraded to the same point to that of the current Extreems. And all future SFL's will have all the same features already installed; the difference is really which milling you like better and is the ounce or 2 difference going to snap your wrist of not.

spacemanspiff
08-14-2002, 12:22 PM
I was able to hold an extreme at IAO and compare it to my SFL. The extreme was alittle bit lighter than the SFL but that was probably because the extreme had the black aluminum valve in it, which is 2-3oz lighter that a normal valve. Thats where I could feel a little bifference but most people said they couldn't tell or didn't really care;) So mostly it comes down to looks which I can't wait to see becasue shocktechs next round of SFLs are going to be milled alittle differently or so I heard at IAO.