PDA

View Full Version : The Marker Grand Archives

Havoc_online
08-14-2002, 12:36 PM
I think that this would be a great place to list as many markers as possible along with all the details they offer. People would then be able to come here and compare aspects of each marker to help them choose or simply to learn about them. I know my list is far from complete but it's something to build on.

example.
"marker A"

price =
manufacturor =
marker type = (i.e. blowforward electro)
anti-chop features = (c.o.p.s., a.c.e., level 10, etc.)
wieght(stock) =
length(without barrel) =
length(with stock barrel) =
height =
recommended gas and input pressure =
operating power and battery life= (if electro)
operating pressure =
acutal air pressure behind paintball =
bolt speed =
availible feeds = (i.e. vert, side, etc.)
max cycling speed before drop-off =
max cycling speed =
special features =
comments =

sniper1rfa
08-14-2002, 08:30 PM
good idea. just as long as people list real differences in design, like the timmy's shuttle verse a normal hammer. ill start with the mayhem... :-)

Mayhem V2

price = $300
manufacturor = Paintguns International (PGIpaintguns.com)

marker type = Spool valve based electro. closed bolt "sorta-blow-foward" design.

anti-chop features = none yet

wieght(stock) = 1-2 pounds, not quite sure. think phantom

length(without barrel) = 8-1/2 inches

length(with stock barrel) = 15-1/4 inches

height = 8-1/2 inches including bottomline regulator and excluding the feed tube.

recommended gas and input pressure = works on co2, HPA, helium, and argon with no discernable difference. input pressure should be anywhere between 400 psi and 850 psi.

operating power and battery life = operating power? 10,000 shots on a 160 mAh, 8.6V NiMH battery.
operating pressure = 103 PSI @ 295 fps with big ball and 5" of good fitting barrel.

acutal air pressure behind paintball = mathematically, almost a perfect 70 psi before the ball has moved. you would probably only see about 40-50 psi on a gun dyno though, just because of the rapidity at which the air expands and the lag on the pressure transducer.

bolt speed = i dont know, but the bolts force is 178 lbs. :D

availible feeds = (i.e. vert, side, etc.) left, center, and right. easily (hand drill style) modifiable for any feed position you want.

max cycling speed before drop-off = 10 bps with a 50 ms bolt (solenoid pulse) open time.
max cycling speed = 15 bps, 17 if you really try.

special features = three moving parts and 6 o-rings (4 dynamic seals, two static seals). three feed positions without using modules, can be modified for any position you want.

comments =

inefficient - 1000 shots per 20 oz. Lots of gas is lost due to design errors.

specifically - the air in the dump chamber has to expand to fill .22 ci when the powertube piston moves back upon the trigger pull, and another .24 ci filling the bolt. this drops the pressure behind the ball to 71 psi. also, .34 ci of air is vented per shot from the powertube, plus a little bit from the spool.
the filling in of the powertube pistons spot could be solved by turning the piston down till its thin except for where it needs to be big. this would reduce the amount of air it displaces. it would also reduce the operating pressure to about 90 psi.
there is nothing that can be done for the bolt besides making it have only one bore, instead of bringing it out to 1/2" from the original 5/16".
making a sort of LX mod using my spring would reduce the amount of air vented from the powertube to acceptabe numbers.
also, making the spool just all around smaller would reduce the vented air more while leaving the recharge untouched, or even improved if done right. this would also allow more material to be removed making the gun lighter. this would pretty much be something for nothing.

slow - passages are very restrictive. the guns needs about 40 ms to reset the bolt and recharge the dump chamber.

too much blow back. the bolt return spring measures in at over 50 lbs @ 1 "(opening the bolt while there is still about 35-40 psi in the dumb chamber. this goes directly up the feed tube. i am making springs that measure 4 lbs @ 1 ", opening the bolt with about 2.5 psi in the chamber.

The dump chamber has a volume of 2.418 ci.

ill edit this post when i think of more.

HoppysMag
08-15-2002, 12:20 PM
do you only want semi's or electros cause some of the descriptions seam to be Semi biased... i will delet this post if the answer i get canceles the info i give, and in the mean time i will put up the info i was gunna... i figure we should hav you put the mag in so its at the top of the list...:D

ACI Maverick

price = 69$
manufacturor = Air Concepts Industries
marker type = Inline nelson based pump.
anti-chop features = its a pump.
wieght(stock) = ?? around a pound or 2...
length(without barrel) = Aprox. 13"
length(with stock barrel) = Aprox. 18"
height = from lowest part of grip to top of feed tube 7"
recommended gas and input pressure = Co2
operating power and battery life= NA
operating pressure = NA
acutal air pressure behind paintball = NA
bolt speed = NA
availible feeds = Standered feed
max cycling speed before drop-off = as fast as you can pump
max cycling speed = NA
special features = Anti double feed,Anti double pump design, Velocity adjuster bolt.
comments =great all around starter pump.. very simple i highly recomend.

i will fill in missing info as i go.

Havoc_online
08-15-2002, 12:55 PM
I like that the both of you like the idea but what I really meant was that the "tech team" who was choosen should do the test so that they could take the time to do everything right and not guess or estimate, maybe they could send some of the guns to AGD to measure bolt speeds and such?

sniper1rfa
08-15-2002, 01:32 PM
oh come now, i know more about the mayhem than leon does, and he designed the thing. :)
none of those are guesses, except the wieght. :rolleyes:

:D

see, i added more about the efficiency (what i did last night). surely those are acceptable specs?

HoppysMag
08-15-2002, 03:28 PM
im hurt....:( ... no im kidin... who did you select for the team... in all aspects you should get a person for pumps,entry semis, high semis, and electros ( true electros not sear trippers)

Havoc_online
08-15-2002, 04:02 PM
Sorry guys, did not intend to offend I believe I know enough about mags to fill the list with the info but I would rather the "team" did it so that the test did not seem biased or false(because we all know that I would never choose anything over AGD products anyway, lol)

sniper1rfa
08-15-2002, 05:07 PM
no offense taken. :)

HoppysMag
08-15-2002, 05:27 PM
ya non taken:D good luck with the list

Vegeta
08-15-2002, 10:38 PM
...anti-chop features = its a pump...

LOL ...
I find that hilarious.

08-16-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by HoppysMag
anti-chop features = its a pump.

sometimes, with my sterling, when i get into that autotriggering grove, i still get a chop here and there. :(