PDA

View Full Version : Yay im now one of millions of americans who...

FutureMagOwner
08-14-2002, 02:06 PM
have to wear glasses:cool: :( :mad: :rolleyes: . lol anyway i went to the doctor dude today and he said im incredly near sighted and its probably because i had good eyes when i was younger(they grow or something making them worse :\) and now my pupils have been dialted for about 3 hours and i can barely see anything. a good thing about it my dad pointed out is now i can see better in paintball so im not blindfiring even while looking at my target:rolleyes:

and of course the glasses frames are gun metal colored :)

Jonno06
08-14-2002, 03:09 PM
cool...

im gonna have to end up getting glasses to drive,i know it...i cant see that good out of my right eye...

which is dumb cuz i dont drive with only one eye anyway..

im gonna get some kick butt black ones..with thick frames..ill be really cool!

Gotenks
08-14-2002, 03:25 PM
I wear contacts, but they are sometimes annoying, cause I have astignatism in my left eye, and near sightedness in my right.

and whenever I look left and right I get a slight double vision (cause my left eye's special contact) so if I want it to be crystal clear I have to turn my head too.

TheTramp
08-14-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
im incredly near sighted and its probably because i had good eyes when i was younger(they grow or something making them worse :\)

That's exactly what happened to me. I had better than 20/20 vision when I was younger but by my second year in college I needed glasses to see distance. bummer:(

Cliffio
08-14-2002, 03:42 PM
contacts are the best thing to ever be invented

Cliff

rhetor22
08-14-2002, 03:55 PM
what about prostitutes?? i think thats pretty cool too.

FutureMagOwner
08-14-2002, 04:50 PM
well i could get contacts but im not gunna need glasses that often so its not worth it imo

08-14-2002, 06:54 PM
Get contacts :cool:

personman
08-14-2002, 07:10 PM
DIALATED EYES SUCK!

FutureMagOwner
08-14-2002, 07:37 PM
yes they do i couldnt open my eyes the whole ride home because it was too bright out. and then everyone at work was staring at my eyes asking me if i was alright(i used it to mooch out of throwing out the garbage saying i could walk outside and could get hit by a car :))

and im accualy annoyed that it will be a week to get my glasses even though i have no use for them as of yet

giblit
08-14-2002, 07:53 PM
i have the same thing but i got contacts now, its sorta uncomfortable at first to have glasses and a mask on at the same time but you get use to it and you can see MUCH better

Kevmag
08-14-2002, 09:53 PM
Look into LASIK when your vision stabilizes. I got it done 3 yrs ago and never looked back. BTW - I wore contacts for about 12yrs.

billybob_81067
08-14-2002, 10:53 PM
Hell yeah Jonno!

:D Get the nerdiest ones you can... (that's what I did!) I got the thick black square frames!!! :D

I wore contacts for about a year and it totally sucked cause I have stigmitisms in both eyes and my contacts were always floating around and pissing me off... They were always dry too, probably cause I stare at the computer screen without blinking for about 10 minutes at a time.

LOL!

:( My glasses are broken right now, but I ordered new frames :)

FutureMagOwner
08-15-2002, 01:52 PM
my dad got that lasik stuff done on him about a year ago so now he looks funny without glasses(hes had them so long he cant remember how old he was when he got them)

Balla
08-15-2002, 04:17 PM
i have like 20/15 vision or sumthin

Greg98
08-16-2002, 12:25 AM
yeah, i'd recommend contacts, especially for sports. also, i've heard about 30 DAY CONTACTS!!! you can wear them for 30 days at a time! i'm trying to find a place here in vancouver to get them. i too am getting laser eye surgery as soon as i'm 19 (legal limit). i wish i could get it done sooner because i'm joining the army reserves for next summer (end of grade 11) and shooting guns with contacts in can be hard enough, having to shoot a gun in the pouring rain with GLASSES on (the army doesn't allow contacts apparently) in some third world country seems impossible to me!!!

kevmag, did you get any side affects from the operation? i'd love to know about how it went for ya!