PDA

View Full Version : New hopper idea

Iceman8446
08-14-2002, 02:07 PM
I have had this idea for alittle bit now. Instead of having that huge blimp on the top of your gun I thought it would be cool to make a longer hopper that was flatter and it conformed to the outside of the gun. Its kinda hard to explain but i'm gonna get some sketches togethor and try to scan them and put it up. Ya could use the warp to get them into the gun since its very small.

08-14-2002, 02:58 PM
the 200 rnd hopper for the at-85 might give u some ideas. similar to what you are thinking, but it's design would not integrate well into other paintball guns.

Person
08-14-2002, 06:32 PM
flat hopper wouldnt feed well because of the lack of weight of paintballs on top of eachother and nice slope to the tube. but. i think there are better ways to feed paintballs then bigass hoppers

BrokenEagle
08-16-2002, 01:01 AM
Hmm, I'm thinking: 'backpack mounted warpfeed' :)

Iceman8446
08-16-2002, 09:41 AM
I've thought about that too, and i was wondering if the warp was powerfull enough to push all the balls in the tube from your back to your gun.

BrokenEagle
08-16-2002, 09:48 AM
Well, you'd probably need to make some sort of custom motor for it, as well as a lower-friction feed line and whatnot, but theoretically it should be possible. Practical? Not really, but very possible.

magman007
08-16-2002, 03:19 PM
buzzz the back pack has been done. OK, first off there is a disabled man who plays paintball, he lost his arm some how and designed this syestem. he took an old camelback water pouch and cut a bug hole in the bottom. THen he took a revvy and put the bottom and the feed kenck ont her, then attached a warp securely. he runs the tubing from his back to the top of the gun. he also uses a remote. it works well. i tied it out at the iao last year. its pretty cool. i tihnk it holds 1100 paintballs

Iceman8446
08-16-2002, 09:30 PM
Well i've made a prototype of my hopper with cardbord just to see how it would look on the gun and to see how many paintballs it can hold. Well right now with 2 holders on each side of the gun it holds 200 paintballs. The only problem is that it sticks out 2 inches from the gun and ya cant look downt the top or sides of the barrel. I still have a ways to go. Once I get my hands of a digi camra i'll give ya guys some pics of it.

mag-nanamus
08-17-2002, 12:59 AM
I think the world of paintball has vast room for invention. I look forward to the pics.

Iceman8446
08-17-2002, 09:57 PM
Hey maby the guys at agd could give me money for a digi camra so I can continue my research. That would be sweet. And an e-mag wouldn't hurt to test it. (I wanna try to put a smiley in there but I have no idea how to, could someone help me out with that? I know I sound like a total noob)