PDA

View Full Version : New Game Idea

SlartyBartFast
08-14-2002, 05:11 PM
Everybody is familiar with the standard 5 on 5 centerflag concept. How about this:

5^3 or 5Cubed
Three five man teams on the field simultaneously.

The field would be circular with six stations on the circumference and a center flag.

To start, the teams are located at alternating stations. The object is to grab the center flag and hang it on the empty station opposite your team's starting station.

To make it really interesting, teams start in one station with their guns in the opposite station.

Would certianly remove any problems of teams sitting still and longballing. The two opposing teams would be comming at you from both sides and attempting to cross in front of you for the flag hang.

What do you all think?

cris8762
08-14-2002, 06:12 PM
i would need a footbal helmet, mouth piece and shoulder pads! FULL FORCE TACKLING IN THE MIDDLE!!!!!!!!!!

mrkbik
08-14-2002, 09:43 PM
I like the idea. Btw it would not be 5 cubed. It would be 5x3.

Iceman8446
08-14-2002, 09:53 PM
At the start ya can use paintbrushes.

nutz
08-14-2002, 11:14 PM
i would crack open a pod and start throwing fist fulls of paint and people

pip_999
08-14-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by nutz
i would crack open a pod and start throwing fist fulls of paint and people

amen

sounds pretty cool
but the guns being on the other end is just dumb

RetroEclipseMan
08-15-2002, 01:38 AM
It sounds like it would be pretty fun. Lots of paint coming at you in many different directions. The guns on the opposite side of the field just sounds too tiring.

nutz
08-15-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by RetroEclipseMan
It sounds like it would be pretty fun. Lots of paint coming at you in many different directions. The guns on the opposite side of the field just sounds too tiring.

lol it would be front players go for guns, back players get to 50 and rest there in some lawn chairs while the front players get their guns for them

SlartyBartFast
08-15-2002, 10:30 AM
Here's a (poor) illustration of my idea.

Patron God of Pirates
08-15-2002, 10:46 AM
What is to stop you from pulling the flag on the way to the guns. If you have to hang the flag at the station the guns are at, it could be over without a shot fired.

If you want to force movement, how about starting without paint and scattering full pods all over the field.

SlartyBartFast
08-15-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Patron God of Pirates
What is to stop you from pulling the flag on the way to the guns.

Ummm...

Didn't think I needed to come up with full tournament rules right away.:rolleyes:

But, I think if you used the 'run to the guns' variation the fact that you have to go get your gun before grabing the flag would be an obvious rule.:p

I only mentioned the run as a variation. The variation isn't even my idea. I've read about it being used with standard 5-man centerflag.

rudy
08-15-2002, 11:07 AM
well it might be interesting for rec play but no good for tournaments or competitive play. I have seen what happens in competitive sports where there is more then 2 teams. there is to much room for unsportsman like conduct. It cant even be called cheating cause its to hard to regulate. 1 good team vs 2 bad and the 2 bad team up. or 2 good teams and a team that has no chance so one good team bribes the bad team to team against the other good team. or a good team is going to make it to playoffs for sure and so they throw points to the bad team to keep the other good team from getting into the playoffs. mostly a competition is to see what team is better but multiple teams often ends up turning into who can eliminate the underdog fastest and take more of the field. or who can hold out till the other team burns up all thier resources on the underdog. rarely does it turn out as good as we would like.

If you want to change the game the most efficient way to do that is with the field setup and bunker shape. You can design a field to encourage people to move up. you can design it so there is no advantage to sitting people back to sling tons of paint. force the back players to move into closer positions to do there job. good luck doing that though paintball is very much built around the back player. and around shooting more paint. everyone but the player makes more money when they shoot more paint. and teams who can afford it stay on top when they can shoot more paint. because they can move easier and just by odds increase eliminations.

Jonno06
08-15-2002, 12:45 PM
ive played the 'running man' game a few times at various fields.not with 3 teams though,obviously..

we put all out guns at the starting station,we then walk to the middle of the field,and turn and look at the OPPOSITE starting station...so when u turn around u run into the other team...u dash,grab ur guns,start flinging mad paint...

if ur fast enough u can grab ur gun and lay sonme paint before the other team can even pick up their guns