PDA

View Full Version : level 10 question

PaInTbAlLeR476
08-14-2002, 08:15 PM
i did a cearch but found nothing. Why does there have to be so many different combinations for level 10? arents all mags w/ A.I.R. valves the same(same for RT and what not)? so why do we all have to tune them seperalty and stuff? should they all have the same # of shims and same size carrier?

~~Edit~~ a cearch is better then a search :p just needed to correct my self. also thought i should tell u so u didnt think i was a spelllllling ideot...:o

Havoc_online
08-14-2002, 08:21 PM
the reason is because not all O'rings are the same size, even if made in the same batch they can differ in size by .005" the different size carriers ensure the ability to have a good fitting. as for the shims and springs, it's for the ability to fine-tune your set-up during the week like the cocker guys, lol.

Evil Bob
08-14-2002, 08:23 PM
The difference lies in the o-rings, which can vary in size in even the same batch, this is very common, hence there will be different results.

On top of this is the fact that the o-ring needs to wear in and will continue to wear over time requiring you to go to a tighter carrier to maintain the level of performance you want.

-Evil Bob