PDA

View Full Version : Chrome or Black Minimag?

Testarosa
08-14-2002, 08:53 PM
:confused: I was having a hard time deciding between a Chrome minimag or a Black minimag. Also, here is a list of upgrade parts I'm thinking about getting too. If anyone thinks that I don't need a certaint part right off the bat, please feel free to tell me so.:cool:

Parts:
1. Level 10 Bolt
2. All American barrell
3. Intellifeed
4. Rt Valve
5. Warp Feed

The Creature
08-14-2002, 09:37 PM
The 2 things you don't need right off the bat are the RT valve and warpfeed. with the intelliframe you will shoot fast enough (i can get a steady 9bps very easy). get the RT valve and warp feed later. the RT valve is much lighter, allows faster ROF and makes the trigger pull much easier. all the warp feed is really good for is the famous "warp lean." personally i do not think the warpfeed is worth it...with the intelliframe you can hook it right up to a revvy hopper and it will keep up just fine. all the warp does is subtract the vertical profile and add to the horizontal one...and adds extra weight. its all preference. the most important thing you will ever buy is the level 10 bolt...get one as fast as you can!

Here is a picture of my black mag
soon i will powder coat the SS body black too
(it looks maroon because of the lighting, but it is really bright black)

magsRus
08-14-2002, 09:43 PM
its going to be your gun why should we reflect what color you pick

The Creature
08-14-2002, 09:50 PM
because he asked us to...geez why be so harsh?

Testarosa
08-14-2002, 10:06 PM
I have seen one on e-bay that had chrome body and had a nice chrome cp barrel, a benchmark 45. double trigger frame, shocktech medium drop, and a few other bells and whistles. It was a good looking gun. Then I got to thinking about how a minimag with black body, black warp feed, 12volt rev, a Boomstik, a good reg, and a Shocktech black medium drop would look like. I got tired of deciding by myself so I asked everyone what the thought.

Also, thats a nice mag you got there.:cool:

Marek
08-15-2002, 08:06 PM
Well, i'd have to go with the black one, just think it looks better....

Hey Creature, what kind of i-frame is that??? (i no the color is black, but whats the correct terms, i want to order one like that, but i dont no the proper terminology and i dont want to order a chrome one by mistake) thanks in advance....

pete-is-god17
08-15-2002, 10:22 PM
uhhhh dont reg ur mag,, if you triple reg it, it will starve it for air. (you already have your tank reg and your gun has a reg that will do just fine, the stock one)

Testarosa
08-15-2002, 10:47 PM
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I was gonna put just a grip on the front instead of a reg or a gas though grip.:cool:

Bartleby
08-15-2002, 11:21 PM
Why not do both? I couldn't decide between black/purple and chrome/purple. So now, when i want chrome, i switch out the black body and grip frame for a polished body and grip frame.

Not that i would really recommend it, it's kind of a pain in the arse. not to mention a little costly.

S14-Racer
08-16-2002, 10:30 AM
I voted black. BTW that is a gloss black blade intelli. I have a teflon p/f retro mag, with black 12" AA, black benchy foregrip, flat black blade intelli (black grips), and flatline tank (black reg and drop stock). It fits me nice plus I only play at night because it is too damn hot right now. So Im hard to see while wearing black playing next to the tires or the corrigated tubing :)

The Creature
08-16-2002, 11:35 AM
On the airgun website it will say "blade/brite black" for the one you see on my gun. I will list everything else on it.

Minimag with level 7 valve
Level 10 bolt
Intelliframe brite black blade style
Brite black kapp gas through
Brite black flame dropforward
Stainless steel freak kit w/16" freak head (actually for some odd reason it is only 15 and 1/2 inches lol) :rolleyes:
Nitro Duct 68ci/3000psi tank.

Testarosa
08-16-2002, 04:48 PM
It seems many people like the balck one more. I kinda figured that most ppl would prefer chrome. I now that I think of it, I does make more sense buying black because the scars you get while playing.

The Creature
08-16-2002, 11:43 PM
it also cuts back on the bling bling when snooping around in the woods...but is still a nice shiny object to look at :D

Marek
08-17-2002, 12:32 AM
Hey Creature, thanks alot man, i found it. Thats a nice setup by the by. Laters