PDA

View Full Version : WPF Tourney Coming to Chicago!!!

AGD
08-15-2002, 01:44 AM
AO,

The WPF series is coming to Badlands in Chicago on Aug 23-25! We are a major sponsor I will be stopping by to say hi to everyone. Come on down and have some fun! (try out the AGD Launch...)

AGD

Here is the link for more info http://www.wpfonline.com/

Temo Vryce
08-15-2002, 02:00 AM
SOunds like it could be fun, I wish I could make it.

G-Rock
08-15-2002, 04:40 PM
Not to worry Team Sinister Sainthood will be there. What the heck I might even let my guys launch me on the break, could be interesting.

Should be alot of fun. The new management of the WPF has really put forth the effort to be player friendly this year. I really enjoyed the tourney in Sevierville, and look forward to playing at Badlands.

If you come out there stop by and see the team, Pito189 and I will be there.

chris geiger

pito189
08-15-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by G-Rock
Not to worry Team Sinister Sainthood will be there. What the heck I might even let my guys launch me on the break, could be interesting.

He did say AGD Launch Chris, not BIG jiggle then fall on the way to your bunker and knock your goggles off. LOL :p

We could give the launch a shoot with Little John. Lord knows we need all the help we can get.

CpSuPeRkId
08-16-2002, 02:08 PM
im there. i live 30 minutes away and im not gonna miss it.

Matt Crawford
08-16-2002, 09:15 PM
I'll hopefully be there...Just Depends on G-rock...lol
Is there gonna be a both or somethin that I can drop off my gun to get a tune up too?And Yeah Gerald,Greg,Wayne,Ann,Jeff,Super G(matt) have worked very hard for the tourneys, I'm just glad I'm there to help fill tanks one in a while....lol

Matt Crawford
08-16-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by pito189

He did say AGD Launch Chris, not BIG jiggle then fall on the way to your bunker and knock your goggles off. LOL :p

We could give the launch a shoot with Little John. Lord knows we need all the help we can get.

Haha I would love to see that! lol he would (fall) 2 feet max

the123
08-17-2002, 02:03 AM
I'll be playing 10-man on Friday with Team Swarm. We have practice there this Sunday. If the other guys don't know about the AGD Launch, I think i'll teach them. Hope to see you then TK.
Brian

fearc7
08-17-2002, 11:10 AM
hey my names Brian TOO! I bet that "the123" dude is pretty cool just cause his name is Brian. That in it self makes you special! :D

the123
08-20-2002, 08:27 PM
Well, the 10-man on Friday got canceled.:mad:
So I MIGHT play the 5 man. It'll cost more though cuz it's not BYOP.

OutRage86
08-21-2002, 01:50 PM
TONY YOUR TAKIN ME. AND TOM WE WILL STOP BY AND SAY HI TO ONE OF THE MOST GREATEST PAINTBALL GUN MAKERS EVER!
THNX TOM!

question will there be any open games at the badlandz this week also! or is it all tourneys all week SAT-SUN thnx guys

G-Rock
08-22-2002, 09:54 PM
Well just finished packing, be heading out tommorrow morning to go to the 5-man. Hope to see you all there. Stop by and say hi, I am the captain of team Sinister Sainthood, our staging area will have a Wolf Hill banner and a Fort Campbell Paintball banner, and ofcourse the team's banner.

Chris Geiger

p8ntballa
08-25-2002, 03:34 PM
If anyone has the scores, please post them!

pito189
08-25-2002, 07:01 PM
The fields where awesome. We played the rocket field, and the ladder field. It was basically a helluva good day ballin.

Field one: The Rocket Field. The games on this field where fast and a lot of paint was in the air. The flag could be pulled on the break, by whoevers team had the fastest man. That lead to a flag pull every game and also lead to many crazy muggings. By the end of the day the back standups where coated in pink. If someone got stuck in one of those you had to dig them out with the heavy artillery. Many games lasted no longer than 3-4 minutes on this field. If you got an opposing player on the break it was pretty much finished for that team.
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/chicago/hyper_a.jpg

Field two: The infamous Ladder Field. On the ladder field most all games went to time. No kidding about it both of these fields where huge. On this field if you were on either side of the ladder you could not even see your team on the other side let alone hear them. The key of the field did not turn out to be the ladder as suspected. The head of the snake by the tree (the upper left hand corner in the picture). It had killer angles on everything pass the 50 to the right side of the field (the bottom right in the picture). Overall the field just played slow. It was realivitly easy to get to farther bunkers. Just because of the sheer size of the field.
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/chicago/hyper_c.jpg

The computer crashed at the beginning so schedules had to be done by hand. The threw the start times off. Everything went smoothly up until there was an incident on the ladder field. It was all resolved though. But did lead to some lengthy delays. Which produced the usual grumblings when we are stopped from playing ball.

I did get to meet Tom Kaye, and that was pretty awesome for me. We had a good conversation. He taught us the AGD Launch and we did it in one game on the ladder field. G-Rock and I tossed our teammate a good 6 feet before he hit the ground sprinting. There should be video of it up later, we borrowed the WPF video camera because it was digital.

G-Rock
08-25-2002, 07:03 PM
I will have to say, had alot of fun at the WPF Chicago event. Really enjoyed meeting you up there Tom, and we appreciated you spending the time to teach us the AGD launch. For all you nasayers, it does work quite well in a tourney where you start behind the start station. We used it on the Ladder field at Badlandz, and our front guy got to the fifty in the snake on left side, when you first enter the field, before the other team front guy even got to his postion which was on there 40 yard line. Our front guy, Lil John, was unloading his E-Mag at one of their mids before he knew what was happening. We used it and only learned it not 20 minutes before the game. Lil John was thrown a good 6 feet and hit the ground at full speed.

WPF video taped it for us on a digital camcorder, so when we get a copy we will be posting it on here, for everyone to see.

Tom thanks for everything man, we appreciated it. It is not everyday I let a guy throw one of my players around like that.

C-ya around, and look for the video, should have it up in the next week, if not sooner!!!

Chris Geiger
Captain, Team Sinister Sainthood

SuperG
08-25-2002, 07:44 PM
How many teams showed up Chris?

pito189
08-25-2002, 07:48 PM
There where at least 22 I believe 2 ameatur, 12 novice, and 8 rookie. I think those numbers are correct.

Chris is probaly already in bed. :rolleyes:

G-Rock
08-25-2002, 07:52 PM
Super G

Man I am going to say around 24, not sure just got home and the schedule is still packed up in my gear. It was a great event, got rocky for a little, but the WPF staff solved it very quickly and got everything back on shcedule in a really short amount of time. I definitly have to give them props on that. Overall it was an awesome event, like Pito said the fields were huge, but that is only a complaint if you are one of those front guys who have to run the whole length, us back guys just sit there and lay the paint.

Well hope to see everyone at the Music City open, it is the next stop on the tour.

Chris Geiger

AGD
08-26-2002, 12:27 AM
I'm glad the AGD Launch worked well for you guys on such short notice! See!! You just have to have confidence enough to try it.

Had a great time hanging and talking with you guys hope to see you again soon!

AGD