PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem with my SFL and valve assembly

2000Sabre
08-15-2002, 09:23 AM
Has anyone heard of this type of problem. I took my SFL E-Mag apart to install a Timmy63 blade trigger. When I reassembled the body, trigger frame and valve/bolt assembly, the end of the bolt extends out about a 1/4" longer than it should be. Now I can't put the breach back on without removing the valve/bolt assembly

Everything is lined up where it should be as far as the thumb screws, body screw and trigger frame screw. It's really wierd and I can't figure out why. I've take the whole thing apart before and haven't had any problems.

Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

FrAuStY
08-15-2002, 09:48 AM
Did you put the bolt spring on backwards maybe? I thought the SFl's had a smaller diameter bolt and the springs were made a little different (could be wrong but I swear I read it somewhere) I'd check that and also make sure the bolt slide all the way down the powertube on the valve. It could be hanging up on it for some reason not allowing it to engage with the sear. Good luck :)

2000Sabre
08-15-2002, 02:14 PM
Frausty - The bolt spring doesn't position doesn't make a difference. I flipped it around and it still sticks out the same.

How much of the sear should be showing into the body. I'm thinking maybe the bolt is sliding past the sear instead of engaging it.

Anybody have any ideas.

BlackVCG
08-15-2002, 05:09 PM
Sounds like the mainbody washer is unscrewing itself, letting the bolt position itself a bit farther forward. Try moving the stainless washer with your hand to see if it's loose. If it is, take it out, put red loctite on it and screw it back in.