PDA

View Full Version : Oops, brittle paint. (funny, sort of)

SSMercury
08-15-2002, 05:20 PM
So anyways, I was playing around with my Automag ACI Zero Gravity barrel a few minutes ago, blowing paint out of it to see how it fit. Well, I puffed a little hard. A paintball flew 20 feet and exploded on the wall. Shocked I ran and cleaned it up with paper towels. Amazing what a mess those things make in the house. It was some Super Swirl I bought at Wal-Mart about 2 weeks ago and left out. (Conditions in my house are just right for paint, so I leave it in open boxes lying around.) Funny, huh?

Pand0ra
08-15-2002, 06:11 PM
Hehehe it seems to be good paint.

I had the same thing one year ago with my new Emag.
I was so happy to receive it I shot a few paintballs throught the window (we have a big garden, no problem of security).

Then, I moved my marker to put the plug on it, don't pay attention and hit this damn sensitive trigger...

Blamm! I got a nice hole in the crane in which the Emag came, and repaint the whole wall in blue :rolleyes:
It was armageddon paint. The blue is still visible if you know the place ...

@++

Gecko
08-15-2002, 06:15 PM
lol i was playing with my new lvl 10 setup in my room. I was lowering some crappy paint into the breech watching the bolt bounce on the paint giggling like a madman. Well evidently i lowered the ball a little too far and shot the ball into my wall......
thank god it was white paint, i'm still finding shell around my room
Gecko

FreshmanBob
08-15-2002, 06:36 PM
I would have done the same with my level 10 but i didn't have the barrel on :cool:

wes
08-15-2002, 08:25 PM
looolololoololol when i was playing with level 10 i thogiht teh breech was empty and i shot a ball and it broke on the carpet and then hit the wall and i said
"gomgmogomgomogm noo" then i said my dog stepped on it
ROFL!!!

rhetor22
08-15-2002, 10:26 PM
yeah my ray was "empty" one day and i shot a ball right into my sis's door.

i paid bigtime for that one. :D :D

BajaBoy
08-15-2002, 11:12 PM
lol, nice i think we all did some stupid stuff, i myself was stupid and didnt check the barrle of my brother stingray and shot a ball at my dads tv.. cleaned it thiking no one would know but he just had to rat me out. then i shop my wall with my mag (left a stain) and told my mom i tripped and got water up there and believe it:) . Then my friend hot a big welt in his wall i think pretty much from point blank lol i dont know how he did

Wheelman
08-16-2002, 02:12 AM
Back in the day when I started playing (1996ish) me, being the fool I was (with a fully loaded marker) checked the saftey by *gasp:eek: * pulling the trigger! Well to make a long story short I shot a hole right into the cieling of my room, my parent never found out though, I "cleaned the wound" and put shoved some paper towel in it and made it look like the texture of the cieling. To this day I don't think they have a clue. A friend of mine also has a permanent yellow stain on his cieling fan from the exact same brainless menuver (this time on his part not mine) Of course this was before we knew what barrel plugs were. It's a wonder we still have our eyes.

EnderWigginPballin
08-16-2002, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Wheelman
Back in the day when I started playing (1996ish) me, being the fool I was (with a fully loaded marker) checked the saftey by *gasp:eek: * pulling the trigger!

:) lol......

my friend shot up his Sister's white VW Rabbit with some pink Marbs. but it was winter and all the water and snow washed the paint off in 3 days....

Dayspring
08-16-2002, 08:02 AM
and the reason we're not working on our paintball guns with barrel plugs or condoms is? TSK TSK TSK...

mike e
08-16-2002, 08:16 AM
more importantly why are we workin on paintball guns with paint in a house? anyhoo, there i am in my room my friend gases up his cocker and puts one across my nose and into the headboard of the bed. had shell all through my hair, big mess, we cleaned it, i took him out back, beat him, and he told me that there was a ball in the barrel (i wondered were it came from) from playing earlier. needless to say most of his bruises that day were not from paintball:mad:

Jeb_Hoge
08-16-2002, 08:45 AM
At Splat-1 in 2001, one guy accidentally shot a TV. It was like "hey, sweet trigger!" POW!

I used to shoot paint through my apartment from the front door into the shower...about a 20-foot shooting lane. I never had any go off-target, but I didn't get my cleaning deposit back. :P

Muzikman
08-16-2002, 11:12 AM
I sure hope you guys are wearing masks. I myself have a shooting box in the garage and I only work with my guns in the basement. I also make sure there are no balls in the damn thing if I am hooking up air to test fire. There are some safty issues here folks, someone is gonna lose and eye here real soon, if this is they type of things that happen in the house. It's all about the barrel plugs...

Now, having said that. The first post in this thread about blowing a ball out of the barrel to check for paint to barrel match. I have done this in the bedroom and I did have one get away from me and hit the lower part of my desk. It was icky.

magman007
08-16-2002, 12:49 PM
ah, the first day with my new spyder, it was xmas day 2000. They sayit is cold out side, i agree. SO they say there is some insulating foam down in the basement, lets hang it up and you can shoot that. Well, nbeedless to say, i blew right through thr foam while fanning the trigger. the wallin my basementis a reall pretty pinkinsh red.

BTAutoMag
08-16-2002, 01:10 PM
lol
i had some red fill paint (dont know what brand) and it missfired in the house. i didnt think much of it and i left the room to get some towels. 2 seconds later my mom screamed because there was "blood" running down the walls:D whoops

Jonno06
08-16-2002, 02:46 PM
ive shot paintballs in my house tons of times..

one time i shot a paintball into my christmas tree..i dont know why,just did...i also shot the living room wall a few times..

Will Wood
08-16-2002, 04:49 PM
Wheelman.......Yes..I did that once too..when I first started playing. In the back woods with my family. Ah..the memories. Walking back from a game to get some more paint. Me, not being sure if my saftey was on or off..pulls the trigger. when everyone is walking back..without masks on. It scares the crap outta everyone, and I got banned from playing for a month.

Oh yea..you can't forget the main punishment...Hugging a tree and having a firing squad on my back. lol. Luckily it was BE paint so it was all crappy and soft and breaky. :D :D

MrMag
08-16-2002, 05:31 PM
back in the day when i had a spyder, i had the safety on and i was messing aorund with the trigger while wating for another game to start. well, turns out that kingman makes REALLY crappy safety, and i shot my barrel plug into the wall and it shattered everywhere, and the echo sounded throughtout the building. yah kinda embarrasing

InfinatyBPS
08-16-2002, 07:05 PM
lol, I was playing with some old paint I had and squeezed it and it squirted in my eye, like, directly into the eye, i mean... what are the odds of that? It burned like a mofo too...

hubadlatimmy
08-17-2002, 01:48 AM
I bunkered my toilet