PDA

View Full Version : I've got another dumb LX question...techies please help..

DiRTyBuNNy
08-15-2002, 10:31 PM
Hi..I've got a new stock emag which i've just put level 10 in..I've been waiting for a while for my 68/4500 screw in which just came in the mail today..now..I installed my Level 10 according to Miscue's instructions but slightly modified because of different responses here on aO...now..I have a neighbor who plays who set me up with like 800 psi just to tune it with..and as soon as i screwed it in i got a leak down the barrel...could this not be level 10 related and just because i didn't give the marker enough pressure to cock?

btw the Lx setting are 1.5 carrier/2 shims and middle spring..and the leak stops when i hold down on the trigger...

Moats
08-15-2002, 11:30 PM
Take out the shims. and put it the 1.5 carrier. DOes it Leak? If yes than go to a smaller carrier being 1.0.

If it doesn't leak with the 1.5 try ti with only 1 shim.

Also when i was setting up i needed to turn my velocity up to get the reg to work with out a barrel leak.

BlackVCG
08-16-2002, 02:27 AM
Do you have a relatively snug fit with the o-ring in the carrier on the bolt stem. If so, it shouldn't dump air down the barrel if it's a carrier o-ring problem. The best way to setup LVL 10 is with no shims at all. That way you know if it's leaking you have a carrier problem. But, your tank pressure is to low to be doing testing with. Get it filled and then you can eliminate the tank from being a contributing factor to the problem.

Mossman
08-16-2002, 03:04 AM
YUP.

When i helped set up LX on a fellow AO'ers mag he was leaking out the barrel a lot til we screwed his velocity all the way in (shortest spring, 1 carrier, 2 shims). But he thinks it may have also been a reg piston problem...eh...we'll see when his new reg piston comes in.