PDA

View Full Version : Jewel making?

Hsuve
08-15-2002, 10:56 PM
Does anybody happen to know how to make jewels? I'm too cheap to pay $5 for one at some website, and it'd be pretty cool to do one myself. :) Bored at home all the time anyways... I got a few jewels I could replace to add my own personal touch, so if anybody's got directions to making them, it'd be great if you could let me know. :D

nippinout
08-16-2002, 01:32 AM
Envirotex.

I haven't used it myself, but Ed Kang on the Tinker's Guild posted his results. This was months ago and Ed doesn't really post any more.

I believe that he tried his jewels using different ratios to see the different results. Envirotex is binary, like epoxy.

I would like to try it soon, but I have a severe lack of funds at the moment and I suggest using a ink-jet printer sticker sort of thing and putting envirotex on it. The surface tension should allow it to 'bubble' in shape like jewels.

Try it out and let us know how it goes! :)

Hsuve
08-16-2002, 12:32 PM
Envirotex...? Not really sure what that is, think you could tell me what it is and where I could possibly get it at? And what exactly is the Tinker's Guild? Been searching for it for a while, and haven't come up with anything.