PDA

View Full Version : How short is the "3 o'clock" position on the Emag?

HyperSnyper
08-16-2002, 03:27 AM
Ok,

Im really curious to how short an Emag trigger can be made. I have done multiple searches on multiple forums on finding how to tune an E-Mag trigger to its peak, basically:

... back out the trigger magnet as much as possible, set to the trigger length you want via the adjustment screw in the selector, then back in the trigger magnet until it fires...

I have found my very short pulls to unreliable when firing fast (sensor not kicking in). Maybe Im just doing it wrong.

Basically, I wanted to know how well setup is the 3o clock position of the selector on the Emag (meaning the selector lever is exactly opposite of the mechanical mode, one more click to the right from the E mode). Its seems decent a pull, but would you consider this a long pull compared to how some/most of your triggers are setup? I want to use the 3 position as a reference point to how short can a correct adjustment be. Can 1/3 be shaved off? Half? 3/4?

If the trigger is pretty much close to max tolerances, then I may just leave it be. If theres alot more room for improvement, then I will perservere for a shorter pull.

Been calling AGD Tech line, but am getting tired of being 7 in line and having to wait 10-15 min with no answer, so I give up and hang up.

LMK All. I really would appreciate any input possible.

-Hyper

athomas
08-16-2002, 02:29 PM
I had the same problem. You can only get the trigger adjusted down so far and then it does become unreliable.

I think you can get another hall effect sensor that has less hysteresis. That would shorten the amount of movement the trigger would need to activate and then reset the sensor. That's the only way I know to shorten the pull.

FrAuStY
08-16-2002, 02:37 PM
The shortest useable (reliable) trigger pull is is .3mm, any shorter than that the flux field of the trigger magnet is contantly trigger the hall sensor. I read it somewhere on here and unfortunately I'm too lazy to find the thread :(

vf-xx
08-16-2002, 02:57 PM
I run mine reliably in the 3o position. I bought mine used and it just works there, i have no idea how it was set up. For reference the trigger pull, in the 30, is half or less of the pull in the 6o

I wanna say that my entire pull is less than 1mm but I haven't measured it so i don't know

BlackVCG
08-16-2002, 06:38 PM
The Three O'Clock position was intended to be a safety, but that didn't work out so it's basically a relatively short E-mode that isn't adjustable. The Six O'Clock position is fully adjustable via the set screw in the selector switch and the Nine O'Clock position is obviously the manual mode.

You want to make sure that the trigger is firing just a hair before the end of the trigger travel. This will give the most reliable operation. If it's firing too soon, then you'll skip shots when you're pulling too fast because you're not letting the trigger go all the way forward to reset the HES.

HyperSnyper
08-16-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
The Three O'Clock position was intended to be a safety, but that didn't work out so it's basically a relatively short E-mode that isn't adjustable.

BlackVCG,

one thing Im trying to figure out is can the E-Mag trigger be adjusted to be significantly shorter while performing reliably.

LMK All.

-Hyper

BlackVCG
08-16-2002, 11:25 PM
Yes. Put it in true E-Mode, take off the mainbody and rail and then use a 1/16" allen wrench and turn in the set screw in the selector switch so it's as short as you want it. Then, reassemble the gun, turn it on and put the safety on. You can dial in your magnet setting for the HES by listening for the solenoid click, or you can make a test light by using an LED wired to a Warp interlink plug, plug that into the socket for the interlink and watch the light flash indicating a "shot" being registered.

SHAG
08-17-2002, 07:07 AM
HI,

I kinda recall TK saying the trigger pull can go to about a 1/3 of a mm in the E mag video. I might be a hair off of the actual number but the video provides everything you need to know about trigger set up and so forth. I highly recommend it :)

Later,
Alan