PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help Please!!!!!!

chris99506
08-16-2002, 10:57 AM
i bought a used rt and it leaked everywhere, i bought a rt parts kit and changed every single o-ring and it still leaks between the bodies (the black part and the stainless part around the area of the velocity adjuster, i even replaced the o-rings on the quick strip pin, i have no idea what it could be and i did tighten the quick strip with an allen wrench real tight, this really sucks because i ordered a lvl 10 kit and i cant wait to put it in:( :( :(

BajaBoy
08-16-2002, 11:43 AM
change EVERY single oring so your starting out fresh.. then oil it up.. and air it up if there is still a leak then send it to agd (oil the bamjo bolt really good) or is it an rtp?

Havoc_online
08-16-2002, 11:43 AM
The Retro Valve needs a lot of air to seal itself, try putting like 850psi to the gun. You could play with your velocity a bit(if it's too high or low it will leak). Maybe change your bolt spring.

wyn1370
08-16-2002, 11:49 AM
is it leaking out the back of the velocity adjuster or around the threading for it?
if it's out the back, depending how old it is, you might need a new piston.

athomas
08-16-2002, 04:19 PM
Sounds like a regulator body o-ring and possibly a regulator seat o-ring. You should definately replace all o-rings when getting a used mag. That way you know you are starting fresh.

chris99506
08-16-2002, 07:59 PM
i have replaced every single o-ring and the it did leak from the piston but i stopped that. it leaks from between the black body and the main body, and i did tighten the screw with an allen wrench

PyRo
08-17-2002, 07:06 AM
Double check all the o-rings from between the body and the on-off.
Stupid question, but, your not using CO2 are you?

chris99506
08-17-2002, 09:54 AM
no i'm not using CO2 i am using a 68ci nitro duck and i have checked all of the o-rings, the gun also will try to cock the bolt but it doesn't have enough pressure and it fires full auto a few time then mekes a fart sound. the leak is not comming from the velocity adjuster but from under it between the bodies:confused: :confused:

athomas
08-17-2002, 11:25 AM
Leaking caused by the velocity adjuster will leak out the back.

Leaking from around the valve halves will leak all over.

Leaking from under the valve is most likely the on/off o-rings. Make sure you use plenty of proper light lubricant on the o-rings when you assemble the mag. Any excess will be blown out the front so don't worry about it.