PDA

View Full Version : lvl 10 = free paint?

Sinnet
08-16-2002, 01:25 PM
I didnt think of this before yesterday, but...
do you guys think that w/lvl 10 installed, people could actually use paint off the ground on the field? The main problem w/that stuff, besides being inaccurate, is chopping, so do you think it might work?

PaInTbAlLeR476
08-16-2002, 01:28 PM
ill be honest i do not even hesitate to pick up paint from the ground everytime someone drops some when we play they say forget it its garbage now...i pick it up and put it in my hopper:)

TheTramp
08-16-2002, 01:31 PM
At the very least you would still get all sorts of crap in your barrel. This would absolutly cause poor acuracy and might even lead to breaks in the barrel due to tears and strange frictions.

Also, you'd have a strong chance of scratching the inside of your barrel (obviously a no-no) if you shot something covered with sand or other junk down it.

langrage
08-16-2002, 01:38 PM
I agree w/ The Tramp. All yur going to do is get dirt on the inside of your springs, bolt, barrel... It is better to use that paint you have been storing in your hot garage for the past year. The LVL 10 should keep it from chopping in the barrel, how ever it may not break on the person, but chance are they are going to call themselves out :D :D

einhander619
08-16-2002, 02:19 PM
I say do it! Just wipe them off a little, first! It's really no big deal if your mag gets a little dirt in it, especially if you clean it every time you play.

FeelTheRT
08-16-2002, 03:40 PM
OMG thats hilarous, picking paint off the ground:rolleyes:? jesus, its just a few paintballs leave em be.

rhetor22
08-16-2002, 03:44 PM
yeah let them poor little buggers free.

jeez you people are just mean

PaInTbAlLeR476
08-16-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by einhander619
I say do it! Just wipe them off a little, first! It's really no big deal if your mag gets a little dirt in it, especially if you clean it every time you play.

exactly and its not like when im at the feild i search untill ive foudne very single ball around, if imm a little low on paint i go to he ol' looka round method so quit ur whinin

SlartyBartFast
08-16-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by PaInTbAlLeR476

if imm a little low on paint i go to he ol' looka round method so quit ur whinin

If you see the paint drop on the ground that's one thing. Hunting for paint on the ground is quite another.

And what if you pick up a real old hard PB off the ground and fire that? Firing paint of unknown age and quality could be dangerous. :eek:

Now, catching you opponents paint out of the air and firing it back. That's completely acceptable.:D Sure does tick off the opponent though.

True story:
Me up in a tower, other player down field on the ground. Their paint was dropping out of the air all around me, so I stopped hiding, stood up, opened my hopper and made a show of catching the paint and sending it right back. I had the advantage because it was breaking all around them.:cool:

Pand0ra
08-16-2002, 04:57 PM
The only reason I would put dirty paint in my Emag is when I'm in a tourney against lets say Ironmen, and run out of paint against the two last one players...

I don't know if you've ever got sand in your marker, but it's not funny at all.
It takes weeks to remove it, and it damages quickly the anodisation on the aluminium ones.

@++

InfinatyBPS
08-16-2002, 07:10 PM
the only thing I'd worry about is barrel breaks from swollen paint, and scratches in the barrel... But I am going to try some floor paint next time I play :) Scince I have a .693 barrel i should be able to shoot it ok :)

rudy
08-16-2002, 08:52 PM
well i suppose you could, but picking up other paint is probably against the rules in any tourney or field cause you wont know what velocity it is shooting at.

not that most rec refs will care