PDA

View Full Version : Are doubble finger triggers made wrong???

magman007
08-16-2002, 02:14 PM
OK, first off lets start with a standard 2x trigger. Both of the "groves" are about the same thickness, some times the bottom one is thinner. Now to me, this makes no sence what so ever. First off, you are doing the majority of the pull with your top finger, and the bottom one is just guiding, and offering a bit more leverage right? What about when you walk or pianno a regular 2x trigger? it takes longer for the bottom finger to actuate the firing sequence because it has further to travel, does it not? So, technically, this should account for a very minimal drop in ROF.

So i ask you, why isnt it reversed? why isnt the top part thinner and the bottom grive thicker? why arent they made so that both fingers travel the same distance??? please add your comments

sniper1rfa
08-16-2002, 04:18 PM
this would do nothing. the thickness of the trigger isnt what decides hoe far it needs to go. the only reason the bottom goes farther is because it is out farther on the lever.

magman007
08-16-2002, 04:35 PM
yes, but if your bottom stuck out further, then your trigger would stick out further, then your finger would stick out further, amking it so that both fingers traveled asbout the same distance , or it would feel like it

sniper1rfa
08-16-2002, 09:30 PM
like this?

_______
/ \
/ (
/ `(
/

samvalentine
08-17-2002, 01:03 AM
my bottom finger pulls harder than my top finger when i am firing fast. i pull with both but the bottom one has the tendancy to pull harder. the bottom finger has more leverage as does the bottom part of the trigger. on my trigger the bottom part is noticably lighter than the top.
if the trigger was thinner in the part that your finger rides on it would be a comfort issue. more or less ergonomical and easier to sqweeze. the pull would not be affected. so the performance would be the same as the trigger moves the same amount.

athomas
08-17-2002, 12:07 PM
The only way a double trigger would move the same amount top and bottom would be if the trigger slid on a rail or sleeve. As long as the trigger has a hinge point, the top will move less than the bottom.

subbeh
08-17-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by athomas
The only way a double trigger would move the same amount top and bottom would be if the trigger slid on a rail or sleeve. As long as the trigger has a hinge point, the top will move less than the bottom.

Kind of like non-hinge double cocker triggers.

Lone Brain Cell
09-12-2002, 12:23 AM
athomas is right, You would never achieve anything from thickening the trigger, as the pivot point is higher than the top finger, the trigger pull will be shorter at the top finger, the bottom finger will always be longer weather or not you put 1mm or 10mm on the trigger.

Person
09-12-2002, 09:09 AM
change the pivot point or move the top of the trigger out more making the top longer and have the bottom of the trigger going the same direction along the body and then both would be longer but equal pulls, i think

zach rumchak
10-10-2002, 08:23 PM
well i dont know if i am the only one but i like shooting one finger on the bottom groove it seems lightest and fastest

MeLoveMagsLongTime
10-20-2002, 09:10 PM
How about putting the pivot behind the "hump" between the finger grooves? I imagine one could achieve a very high ROF walking a trigger like this. Also, would it be a legal trigger? Technically you would have to pull the trigger once for every shot, but would it be considered as having 2 triggers...

ooops, saw this in another thread after writing it... but, I still have a question anyway. Could a setup like this utilize only one Hall Effect sensor on an emag?

obsolete898
10-23-2002, 09:39 AM
Kinda like this?http://www.mwpw.com/media/DYETurboTrigger.gif

I pull harder with my bottom finger. Even when I shoot a single trigger frame I pull with my middle finger.

warpedmephisto
11-08-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by MeLoveMagsLongTime
How about putting the pivot behind the "hump" between the finger grooves? I imagine one could achieve a very high ROF walking a trigger like this. Also, would it be a legal trigger? Technically you would have to pull the trigger once for every shot, but would it be considered as having 2 triggers...

ooops, saw this in another thread after writing it... but, I still have a question anyway. Could a setup like this utilize only one Hall Effect sensor on an emag?

What thread was that? I just thought of the same thing right before I read your post. I wonder if that would be tourney legal...

[M@g_D@ddy]
11-13-2002, 09:33 PM
or u could have a normal 1x trigger, then a second 1x on it's own hinge identical to the top. then they would travel the same, but that'd be two triggers, unless u play the gray on the nppl or whatever rules.

SPOOKI
11-15-2002, 09:55 AM
Hey Guys,
To those of you with the idea to put the pivot point in the center of the trigger as opposed to the top. I've seen it. If you glance over to doc nickel's website he made one for some kind of gun. I don't recall which, it's been so long since I've looked over there. This seems as though it would be very effective if you are the player who enjoys walking/fanning the trigger. On a personal opinion I tend to shoot using my middle finger on the bottom of a double trigger. It's just easier that way (for me anyway) and I don't even put my index finger on the trigger. But I think this falls down to the fact that each person shoots their gun differently so that it matches what anotomically works best for them.

-Lance

Hacker240
12-09-2002, 09:40 PM
the entire point of having a double trigger it to gain leverage. IF you were to make both the top and the bottom parts of the trigger travel the same distance then you would lose all leverage, and it would be jsut like a having a longer single finger trigger wouldn't it?:confused:

MeLoveMagsLongTime
12-10-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Hacker240
the entire point of having a double trigger it to gain leverage. IF you were to make both the top and the bottom parts of the trigger travel the same distance then you would lose all leverage, and it would be jsut like a having a longer single finger trigger wouldn't it?:confused:

Actually, before the advent of electronic triggers, that would have been the point for me. Now I shoot electronic and the goal is to have the quickest ROF possible. For me, the double-finger trigger gives me more possibilities for the perfect finger position. You may be surprised how different fingers/positions can affect how you fast you can pull the trigger(like the trigger on the IR3). Personally, I use my middle finger, inside of the knuckle nearest the end of the finger resting right on the "hump" in the middle of the trigger.

With a "rocker" type trigger the idea would be like this... 1. Pull trigger with your index finger. 2. Release index finger and simultaneously pull with the middle finger. 3. Repeat

Theoretically you could double your rate of fire with this trigger as the time normally used to release your finger is now used to release *and* pull.

magman007
12-26-2002, 12:15 PM
already been talked about, it wont work........ it is illegal

any ways, here is my new trigger idea, been cookin ut upo for a while, for the e.mag

bowser************
01-07-2003, 03:56 PM
for that funky trigger u guys were talkin about, here's the link to doc's picture

http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/rockingtrigger.jpg

and heres the pic
http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/rockingtrigger.jpg

Xerces
01-11-2003, 02:47 PM
i was thinking something along the lines of a trigger setup similar to some double barreled shotguns. have the 2 fingers set up in front of eachother. the ring design on the rear one to aid return on not reactive triggers.

heres a little pic that shows a simplified design of it.

A: a pin located stationary on the back of the main part (internal to the frame) adjusted to however the gun fires.

B: main sleeve that glides along rail C and holds the 'trigger' to the frame

c: pin holds trigger to frame, also is what the sleeve glides on.

i didn't put too much effort into my ms_paint drawing, apologize for that. if anyone thinks this might work and wants to pursue it further, you have my full permission, i'd just like to see the result =)

paintbattler
01-11-2003, 09:35 PM
it could break if u put enuff pressure on the bottom of the 2x trigger