PDA

View Full Version : AYE NO ES BUENO!!!! E-mag down

magman007
08-16-2002, 03:05 PM
OK NOT GOOD!!!! As some of you kno i home annodized my e-mag. Also as alot of you kno i am currently in chile for a year and i have many oppertunities to play down here, i have even been offered a spot on a team. Well, my e-mag is down, and i cant use manual mode because of the earlier tl 63 triggers have a problem with the magnet placement. Well here it goes

Ok, all of you e-mag users out there know that the return magnets are sepperated from the trigger by a thin piece of aluminum. well, i guess while annodizing my triggerframe i managed to weeken that piece of aluminum. because, today the piece got punched out. completely. cant replace it. And it isnt underwarrenty cuz i was stupid and said, hey lets annodize! well i was stupid and now im paying for it. i doubt i can buy a new e-mag trigger frame for the money on my credit card. GOD dangit! im now e-magless in chile.

personman
08-16-2002, 03:21 PM
That... has got to suck arse..
Guess you'll have to beat the tourny with a talon.. ;)

magman007
08-16-2002, 03:24 PM
i hope not, i shot the guys at agd a pm and im gunna send em an e-mail next

banzaimf
08-16-2002, 03:31 PM
Ghetto superstar

Duct tape holding the magnets in would look like crap, but you could make it work.

Webmaster
08-16-2002, 03:59 PM
Yeah - why are you freekin out?

50 cent role of electrical tape and you should fix your problem...

another option - rip out the magnet in your trigger - then it should travel enough to go in manual...

PS - not impressed with the blade trigs... they look cool, but manual mode is 1/2 the reason to own an emag... more reliable than any other electro (cuz it dont need electronics)

Webmaster
08-16-2002, 04:02 PM
pss - true anarachy will just bring around some sort of feudal system... not to hijack the thread ;o)

magman007
08-16-2002, 04:10 PM
bah, always gotta pick on the sig´s dont you webby??? It is just a quote from my favorite in line skater, Jon Elliott.

THe reason i dont wanna tape it is because i gota show it to people down here. I have to show them the way of the mag. Serriously, would you want to represent your favorite company with a product that dosnt look like it will hold up? I dont want to be the one to give AGD a bad reputation down here. And if i take the magnet out, i cannot use it in e mode if i do get my e-mag fixxed with tape or something. BAH! i hope jon and them get my e-mails, and i hpe they wll sell me a new triggerframe. Webby, is there any thing you can do to help me? i have jons number, but i cannot call him. And i need to get this sorted out soon. If i could call him for cheeper than like 5 bux minute i would, but i cant ask my family to take that on their phone bill because of my stupidity of annodizing my marker. Bah, what am i a hipicrate? asking you to help me, your time is valuable. im sorry

nutz
08-16-2002, 04:25 PM
if u could stuff something into there that would stay it could work with out the electric tape hanging out, other than that i would use electric tape

-Xugg-
08-16-2002, 04:26 PM
magman007 - "Serriously, would you want to represent your favorite company with a product that dosnt look like it will hold up? I dont want to be the one to give AGD a bad reputation down here."

I'd say it would be better to show them a working AGD gun, rather than saying it can shoot but its broken. As its been said before, an Emag in manuel mode is better than flinging paintballs with a spoon or using talon. :D

magman007
08-16-2002, 04:51 PM
i agree with you. I will do the means necesary if it comes to that, i am just trying to get everything fixed before i have to show the e-mag and its power. im working on fixing it perfectly first, before fixing it make shift

Gecko
08-16-2002, 04:59 PM
have access to basic machine tools?
Drill and tap a hole perpendicular to the magnet to use a set screw. Make it towards the bottom of the hole and it should still allow you to have an insanely light trigger pull.
Gecko

magman007
08-16-2002, 05:05 PM
no, i do not. Plus, im not good with that stuff. Bah! this bites, and i gotta wait till monday to hear from any of the agd guys, unless any of em see this

Jezus
08-16-2002, 05:53 PM
Why not try Liquid Lock Tight if u dont wanna see some tape.

Who cares its the performance of the gun rather the looks.. I doubt AGD will be willing to give a trigger frame away for free cause I think thats rather expensive. But I guess u can always try.

FrAuStY
08-16-2002, 06:24 PM
Here's one.. get some JB weld and a coke can.... Just kidding lol.. man that sucks, got a nice piece...couldn't leave it as is... now its broke ;). DOH! Anyway good luck man..sorry to hear about the emag going down.

snakestang
08-16-2002, 08:55 PM
Your problem can be easily solved.

Cut a thin piece of electrical tape.
Slide that piece of tape in the whole where the magnet usually sits.
Try to slide you magnet(s) down along the piece of tape.
You may need a couple of strips to get them to lock down but once they are in there they will not slide out.
You may need to put an allen key behind the magnet in order to get enough force on it.
Cut off the excess tape and you are done.

This has happened to me before and all I did was rip off the extra piece of aluminum so the magnets were exposed. Did not seem to cause any problems and the magnets never went anywhere.

Sorry about your luck and I will make sure you get your set of stickers!

Chris

the123
08-17-2002, 09:22 AM
you may be able to go in manual just by extending the trigger rod outwards.... + when you finally fix it permanently, you can just move it back in

athomas
08-17-2002, 12:02 PM
I'd say glue your magnet in place using a good metal epoxy.

If you want to use the emag in manual mode, adjust the trigger rod to work with the blade trigger.

A little modification and you should be good to go.