PDA

View Full Version : So.... What did everyone think of the X ball format?

Blazini
08-16-2002, 10:55 PM
Like it says, How do feel about the X-ball format? Personally,I kind of enjoyed watching it after I figured out what was going on. The only thing I didn't care for was the 3 minute wait between each re-start and then a 30 second game and then 3 more minutes of down time.

tremis
08-17-2002, 07:15 AM
I didn't watch as much of it as a lot of folks. Too busy playing and when we missed the semis by one point, I went home, so I didn't see anything on Sunday. At any rate, from what I saw, it was pretty kool. As for the three minute breaks, I cant see any other way to do it. My team played X ball about a month ago as a favor to the Diablo/Draxxus folks and that 3 minute break seems like 3 seconds. Think about how long it takes you to get ready for a game. Air, paint, wipe off old hits, ect, ect. The problem is, that those pros played so aggressivly that the game time was too short. a 3 minute game with a 3 minute break doesn't seem so bad, but those guys would roll through in well under a minute. Maybe thay need to think about ways to slow the actual game down. Well, they already have, now whenever there is a score all penalty time is erased. Every game will start 5 on 5.
The only problem is, that the out of shape crowd will struggle with this format, trust me. It is very physically demanding. I guess thats all my thoughts.

Tremis

magking1971
08-17-2002, 08:33 AM
Who won BTW?

sniper1rfa
08-17-2002, 09:53 AM
USA

paintbattler
08-17-2002, 03:10 PM
im glad usa won that...i didnt like the waiting period either

thecavemankevin
08-17-2002, 03:14 PM
everything i have herd from people that went say it was a bit hit! They all seemed to enjoy it.

I guess the key is to have atleast two full teams in your line up that way you can give the players a bit longer than 3 minutes between games. Also you need to make sure you have plenty of pods filled and a spare marker ready and waiting incase something goes wrong with yours. Also a spare mask would be very important!

I can't wait to try it, i think it will be a very fun extremely fast passed game.

Troy
08-17-2002, 03:50 PM
Before I seen it I thought it would be dumb, but now I have to admit I would like to play it. I didn't get to watch much because I played in the 3 and 7 man but the little bit I did watch was very cool. Much more interesting that the regular old format. I would have perfered to see it in 7 or 10 man format because I'm not a big fan of the 5 man.