PDA

View Full Version : EquationUSA Big 14" Barrel Set Pre-review by the "Test Monkey"

DiRTyBuNNy
08-16-2002, 11:43 PM
I know i've been spouting off for a while now that I'm going to be getting one of the new Equation USA 14" barrel sets that were designed exclusively for Automags. Well, the time has finally come and I received it in the mail today. I'll be going over the barrel set with a pre-review with some pics so that those that are not up and up on the barrel can get the lowdown on what this barrel set is all about.
Equation USA is a California based manufacturer of barrels and modular barrel sets. What they tried to do with this "Mag Daddy" of barrel sets would be to solve the problem of the breech hold that exists on our Automag barrels. The nicest thing about this barrel is the fact that it can be used by either Hopper Right, Hopper Left and Center Feed Automags.
So, on to the kit. The kit arrived to me in a nice white box (See AGD; white boxes are not that bad) adorned and sealed with Equation USA stickers. Upon openning the box i was presented with some precut foam with both the barrel pieces and barrel inserts inside. I would have much rather gotten something like what CP or Smart Parts do with their barrel kits, but I've got one of the first ones out there so it would not surprise me if they used something a little bit more rugged in the future.
AO'ers can get the set through bigdaddy@paintballdaddy.com

DiRTyBuNNy
08-16-2002, 11:47 PM
Here is a pic where you can see how the barrel inserts slide into the barrel from the middle. I was a little dismayed when i tried to put a set of the new plastic barrel nubbins on this barrel. It seem that they milled the channel a little too tight for the slightly wider new barrel nubbins. So all i had to do was cut the round corners off of the barrel nubbins. I did like the nice touch of the Equation logo on both the front and the back pieces.

Top Secret
08-16-2002, 11:49 PM
Ummm I don't know about you but my Freak system for my Mag has the insert slide in the middle requiring me to separate the front and back to change inserts. I saw the Equation at IAO. Not a bad looking system. Very nice for people with left/right/center feed mags.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-16-2002, 11:49 PM
here's a shot of the front half of the barrel, which slightly resembles an elongated stock RT barrel.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-16-2002, 11:51 PM
and here's a shot of the barrel on my new Emag...she's already to go for tomorrow.

BajaBoy
08-17-2002, 12:52 AM
looks kinda diffrent... :rolleyes: .. lol

DiRTyBuNNy
08-17-2002, 01:37 AM
yeah..but it grows on you...

Pand0ra
08-17-2002, 06:40 AM
Looks good :) .

Weren't the equation barrels a 4 pieces system (front, back, tip and insert)?
I see only three parts here.

I like the stainless stell inserts in this system. It's very rugged.

@++

CenterFire
08-17-2002, 10:01 AM
Yes, the multiple switch Pro system was a 3-piece + insert system last time I checked. Adapter, extender, muzzle. I was interested in them a few months ago, but they weren't producing mag barrels yet.

Greg98
08-17-2002, 10:10 AM
i do like the color and shape of the barrel, it's different among all those copycats designers that are just ripping off DYE and smart parts. my only qualm is with the length, do they make a 10" barrel kit? after using a 10" barrel on my mag i'll never go back to a 14 again! nice looking barrel and marker, you're a lucky man :)

BlueMagRT
08-17-2002, 11:30 AM
I just shot my equation for the first time yesterday. this thing is awesome. i have the 4 part multi-switch ( http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=45038&highlight=equation+pics ) and it does look a little funny, but all i can say is wow. i got two plastic nubbins in it with the little trimming that dirty bunny mentioned. i did notice a few small blemishes on the clear annoed section of the barrel. wondering if you had any on yours. but i am going to nail mancow at shatnerball with this barrel. the length is 12" but i might get some more extentions if they can ship them out faster than they shipped my barrel.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-17-2002, 06:52 PM
they do make a four-piece system, which is what BlueMagRT has, but mine is the new simplified 2 piece system and i like it a lot...just shot it today..had a couple barrel breaks..but i think that they are more tied to having a few paintballs in every bag that are a little bigger than the insert liked..but oh well...

pito189
08-17-2002, 06:57 PM
Hey dirty what type of fill nipple do you have on that tank? I have system X too and my tank is a dark grey color.

rudy
08-17-2002, 07:56 PM
hey dirty bunny can you get me some pics of the back of that barrel more so I can determin exactly where the slots are for the different feeds, I have a cut body and i dont want one of the slots in my windows

Shirow
08-17-2002, 08:11 PM
That's a really cool looking barrel.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-18-2002, 03:09 AM
thank you...i really like it...