PDA

View Full Version : A good deal for a used Mag?

ClockworKz
08-17-2002, 01:49 AM
I've been toying with the idea of getting a mag, and I ran across one at my local Pball store.... Since I know very little about them, I was wondering if this is a good deal---It's old, but he's asking $225.

The gun is used, chrome everything, and has a verticle adapter with an ACI ex chamber going to a small drop forward (not sure what kind, but nothing fancy like a Dye or something), a double finger trig with no guard, stock trig frame, VL grips, and an old Armson barrel- ~16 inches or so.

The gun is pretty old from what the guy in the store says, the barrel say "Made in the Rep. of South Africa" in the end.

Now, one question I noticed is that the trigger kinda wobbles side to side and around a bit. Is this normal? We gased it up and shot it a few times, trigger still wobbled around a bit. Seems to shoot ok, didn't see any problems there.

What would any of you say? Is it a go or no?

Thanks!

Mossman
08-17-2002, 08:59 AM
Is it power feed or standard feed? Personally, if it was standard feed I'd forget it and surf the classifieds. Thats a pretty standard price for a "nothin special" mag, but you could probably do better if you were inclined to look around. If you wanted to shoot the gun before you bought it, then buying it from your store is probably the best bet.