PDA

View Full Version : Front guys do all the work on my team

hubadlatimmy
08-17-2002, 01:54 AM
Well after playing and practicing all last weekend I noticed our my team has a problem. Me and our other front guy are shooting 3-4 people in the 5 man games and 7-8 people in 10 man games. Now I don't know why this is but it keeps ending up this way every game. I am just wondering if somebody can help explain why because I cannot figure it out.

My job on the field is to draw the most fire and let my middle guys get elims but it just isn't happening, I don't play on small fields at all I just end up shooting more people than everybody else on my team. I usually play the snake which does provide very good angles. But what I really want to know is there some way I can help my middle guys improve therer game or is it just something they need to learn on there own.

Arturus
08-17-2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by hubadlatimmy
...I am just wondering if somebody can help explain why because I cannot figure it out.

...I don't play on small fields at all I just end up shooting more people than everybody else on my team. I usually play the snake which does provide very good angles. But what I really want to know is there some way I can help my middle guys improve therer game or is it just something they need to learn on there own.

You sure it's the middle guys that need improving? Aren't the middle guys mostly, or at least partly there to replace the position of the front guy?

That was my thinking at least. I see no problem here, other than the obvious, which is that all teams need to improve on a constant basis. If you and your guys at the front are doing a good job at eliminating the other team, what's there to complain about. Keep working as a team to improve your game.

Try switching positions and see what happens.

AGD
08-17-2002, 02:58 AM
Hate to break the news but that exactly what front guys are supposed to do!

AGD

banzaimf
08-17-2002, 03:04 AM
My own personal experience,

Backs make sure no one moves.

Middles make sure that the fronts can get to where they need to be.

Fronts draw fire and get the angles to make the shots to get people out.

magsRus
08-17-2002, 04:31 AM
You need to talk the back players are the most important players on the team. Your front players have to learn to trust your back players and your block players have to let your front players know that they wont let them get bunkered and that their mouths will be running that whole damn game from break..to flag hang.

Jonno06
08-17-2002, 02:38 PM
lol..know why ur in the game long enough to shoot anyone?

cuz the back men!!!!!

thecavemankevin
08-17-2002, 02:44 PM
you should feel proud you are not on the recieveing end of your front guys. It's sounds like you guys are doing quite well. Just make sure the line of comunication stays open and flowing.

paintbattler
08-17-2002, 02:47 PM
spread your middle guys out a little bit

hubadlatimmy
08-18-2002, 12:21 AM
Ok I don't think I definined this clearly enough. I am one of our 2 front in 5 man games. My middle guys are getting out while me and the other front man are in the entire game almost all the time. I will admit our back guys do there jobs exteremely well. I just want to figure out if theres some way to maximize the effectivness of the middle guys rather than them just shooting paint I guess.

I don't think I definined that well enough before now it's the fact that our middle guys almost do nothing besides shoot paint and cover us. Is there some drills that somebody knows of we can work on rather than spreading out our mids??? I am just trying to improve my teams effectivness, I don't mean to sounds hypocritical or anything.

rudy
08-18-2002, 12:47 AM
you play the snake and I take it the other front guy playes the opposite tape?. If so then you middle guy need to tuck in more either that or some how you front guy are letting thier front guys get an angle on him. you tell me which it is. you front guy are going to do most of the eliminations though because if the other team is playing angles and bunkers tight then the only guys they should ever be exposed to are your front guys. so you make the eliminations

hubadlatimmy
08-18-2002, 12:57 AM
I never thought of it like I am the one playing wrong it's something I will make sure I work on, any other good comments? That one was great