PDA

View Full Version : Getting Mag Need Help

confedman75
08-17-2002, 11:59 AM
heres the qeustions and im not a newb and i want to get a mag.

whats all the upgrades for a mag?(note say barrel instead of boomstick or freak)

whats the advantages and disadvantages of mag and cocker?

what gun should i get for 800$?

will co2 screw it over?

whats lighter mag or cocker?

BajaBoy
08-17-2002, 12:02 PM
uh mag and cocker both are good its what u like more.. closed bolt or open.. most upgrades that are worth it are made by agd them selves. All the other crap does nothing, besides barrels. um for 700 get an rtp and nice hpa tank. Yes co2 will mess over all rts, emags.. it works on a classic.. not very good though

confedman75
08-17-2002, 01:03 PM
any one else?:(

Testarosa
08-17-2002, 01:16 PM
I would suggest a AGD Minimag (black).

the upgrades I would get would be:
1. Level 10 Bolt-85.00
2. Intellifeed-100.00/120.00
3. Warp Feed
4. RT valve-200.00/225.00
5. With the barrel I would buy either a smart parts Freak or a DYE Boomstik (12 inches both types)

hope this helps:cool:

confedman75
08-17-2002, 01:21 PM
im a newb to mags theres three types right? the emag, rt, and minimag right? can the mini mag be as good as the emag?

confedman75
08-17-2002, 01:30 PM
as for my nitro do i need high output 800 psi or low output 400 psi? and do i need a secondary reg?

Testarosa
08-17-2002, 01:36 PM
To a small number of crazy poeple would say yes.

But just about anybody would say- "Hell No!"

If you are new to mags, stick towards the minimag. I think they look better than a regular mag does. A emag is a great gun and has many cool and handy features, but they are guns that have to be mantained properly. If you don't know a good deal about mags, then there is a chance you could mess something up and have to pay to have it fixed. Then you'd be out of a gun for awhile.:cool:

confedman75
08-17-2002, 01:41 PM
what about my nitro question?

Testarosa
08-17-2002, 01:52 PM
They say that 850psi is the best for your output pressure to be. As for the regulator, since your tank has a regulator that spits out 850, the one in the gun does a great job. A secondary regulator is most likey to rob your gun of air. It usaly works best with no secondary reg.:cool:

confedman75
08-17-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Testarosa
I would suggest a AGD Minimag (black).

the upgrades I would get would be:
1. Level 10 Bolt-85.00
2. Intellifeed-100.00/120.00
3. Warp Feed
4. RT valve-200.00/225.00
5. With the barrel I would buy either a smart parts Freak or a DYE Boomstik (12 inches both types)

hope this helps:cool:

can all of those work together at the same time on a right feed minimag?

confedman75
08-17-2002, 02:15 PM
can a n2 nipple prtector and thread protector be used at the same time. and are minimag barrels the same as automag barrels? like are they the same threads?

Testarosa
08-17-2002, 02:17 PM
Oh sure they can. I know cause my friends gun was the exact setup except for the lvl 10 bolt. He sold it for money to pay for a car.

If your still worried, don't be. Cause all of that stuff is made by AGD. And AGD wouldn't make something that won't work on there own guns.

(Oh yeah, the barrels aren't made by AGD though.)

Testarosa
08-17-2002, 02:22 PM
A thread protecter won't work cause the bottle will be screwed into the gun's CA (constant Air) adapter while playing. It can be used when the bottle is taken off the gun and stored indivildly.

And yes, the minimag and automag barrels are the same.

confedman75
08-17-2002, 04:23 PM
any one else?

magman007
08-17-2002, 04:56 PM
ok, first off, you have to tel us what you want.

do you want to upgrade to get raw performance, or do you want it straight out of the box? this will determine whether i reccoment an e-mag/rt pro, or a minimag

The minimag will come baiscally bone stock, accept for the asa. For the minimag you are going to want to put a retro valve in, and if you put a retro in your going to need hpa, a new triggerframe, maybe soem cosmetics (sight rail and such) your going to need a gassthrough fore grip, probabally a drop of some sort. and if it floats your boat, an aftermarket barrel, allthough, the stock mini barrel is one tough cookie. after all this, you will have a truely competitive mechannical marker.

Now, with an e-mag or rt pro, ou already have the retro installed, you have the sight rail, you have the intelliframe(on rt pro) you dont need a gass through, you will still need a drop, and they already come with one of the finest barrels on the market. THese are the best of the best out there, and they are competitive outta the box.

Also, with the e-mag, you have a good electric trigger. Something you almost need now a days.

Barrels. Boomsticks are ovverrated. I do not understand why they are so reccomended. If you were to buy a barrel, i would reccomend a custom products one piece barrel. THey are cheep, not overly ported which translates into efficiency, accurate, quality, and you can get 2 for the price of one. also remember that the paint to barrel match is what counts. The freak is ovverrated also. THere are better barrel systems out ther, like the j&j edge,the equation usa kit, the cp barrel kit, and so on. All tho i still reccomend varrious single piece cp barrels in varrious bores.

If i were you , and i wanted a mag, i would save for the e-mag. What he said above about an e-mag needing maintinence is bull crap. it needs just as much as the minimag. But dont forget, there are various other markers out there, and you just have to try alot of them, and try them with different set ups too.

confedman75
08-17-2002, 05:31 PM
but ok heres the deal i make 7 dollars an hour i cant work during the school year i have to pay taxes and tithing 10% off the top(im mormon)but i begged my boss for a way to work at home or school and he told me he would pay me to get schooled for web page design and when ever i worked on the site at home. so if i go to class for one hour i make 7 dollars then i go home and work for an hour i make 14$ total for that day. right now im broke(i got like 50$) and for christmas my dad lets me spend around 300$ on stuff. so i dont think 14$ a day can make me 700$ by the time christmas comes around.

magman007
08-17-2002, 05:36 PM
hmmm 14 dollars a day, forsay 120 days? (now till xmas around) you could make $1680, not including the 300 your dad lets you spend or the 50 bux you have now. i think you can do it.!

confedman75
08-17-2002, 05:41 PM
i wonder what it will be exactly would you happen to know the tax rate for that much money?

magman007
08-17-2002, 05:47 PM
well, as i said, i didnt add in the 300 your dad lets you have, and a few days here and there, and that much inst really needed to get an e-mag pimped to the teath, i tihnk all in all to the teath an e-mag would cost 1400. i tihnk you would have enough. and hey, maybe yu wnat 2 markers? you could get a pimped minimag and a cocker for that, or an impulse and a mini, or .... the possibilities are endless

Testarosa
08-18-2002, 09:19 PM
Hey, I was just stating that every gun needs a little touch and care once in a great while. I wasn't trying say that emags are markers that you have work on after every game you play. What I meant was, it helps to know a lot about your gun before you try to take it apart to clean it or even fix it(that goes for any gun for that matter).

I'm sorry if I passed that image to anyone. A E-Mag is most likely one of the lowest breaking markers I know of. It is very low maintiance for a high end gun.:cool: