PDA

View Full Version : differences in accuracy between threaded barrels and the twist-lock mag barrel?

the electrician
08-17-2002, 12:01 PM
ever notice a slight movement in a mag barrel when the gun is being fired? I have often wondered if this actually affects accuracy.has anybody done tests on this? Tom maybe? I've thought of getting a micromag for testing purposes to see if there is any significant differences in accuracy. are the e-mag barrels threaded or twist lock? still lot's of variables to eliminate on a test such as this.

confedman75
08-17-2002, 08:03 PM
yeah i dont realy like the twist lock

magman007
08-18-2002, 12:40 AM
guys, do you think tom would neglect to test this? OK, this is the word straight from toms mouth ont he tour i took in july " any jiggling of the barrel takes place after the ball is fired" ok? there is your answer. Also, twist lock is so much easier, faster, and nicer, plus the breach is contained, i believe there are more variables for someting to go wrong in a threaded barrel, like the threads being off, or stripping then and things like that

the electrician
08-18-2002, 10:02 AM
I thought that the twist lock design was not only for ease of removing the barrel but also it was a simple way to attach the barrel to the the steel tube body.
escape.
I've not been around here long enough to read and repeat every bit of info Tom provides. that's why I asked" has anybody done tests on this? Tom maybe?"
I like to test things for myself. don't you? I am sometimes skeptical of manufacturers test results on thier own products. Even though Tom seems to be a bit of an exception.
sorry if I posted a question that was not worthy or had already been asked.
I will have to disagree with you about the more variables with a threaded barrel. I've had more problems with wear and tolerances on twist lock barrels.

AGD
08-18-2002, 12:57 PM
Read my tech tip on statistics and go ahead and make your own comparision. If your barrel is a little loose you can put a layer of scotch tape under the barrel orings and tighten it up.

AGD

the electrician
08-18-2002, 03:06 PM
Sounds like a good idea. I will post my test results here when I'm finished.
Thank you for responding.