PDA

View Full Version : Batteries...

Papa Smurf
08-17-2002, 05:26 PM
Just wondering what you guys like to use for batteries... I personally have been convincing everyone on my team to switch to Java's. They're 9.6v @ 170mha. Here's the secret - it's the mha's that gets things moving. Two of those on my x-board and I swear if it had bigger props I'd take off! In the warp it's just phenomenal! Balls come flying out of the conduit tube. I just got so sick and tired of running to the convenient store every weekend to get fresh 9v's and the cost was outrageous! I got my Javas for about $12 a piece and the wal charger for $18. Good investment I think. Let me know what you guys think, use or jury-rigged.

Jack

confedman75
08-17-2002, 05:33 PM
java? show pic! and after awhile you'll burn out your motor on your 12 volt can you get a replacement motor?

magman007
08-17-2002, 05:37 PM
confed man, i dont think i have ever herd of that happening, i mean im shure it happens, but no one has ever said any ihng about it

Papa Smurf
08-17-2002, 05:45 PM
Kingman makes the Java's... I've been running 2 Java's for a year now and haven't skipped a beat with my hopper. Everyone else's hoppers are biting the dust(they aren't running Jaca's yet) but has kept on going... Have you had any problems yet with a hopper dieing on you??

Jack

Omicron
08-17-2002, 06:15 PM
I like the Plainview 9.6V NiMH batteries, I steered clear of the Java because...well...It's Kingman...;)

Also lots of people on AO recommended the Plainview batteries.

personman
08-17-2002, 06:24 PM
Bah, I bought rechargable batteries, but its just a pain to charge them every time.
Today I was all geared up and down at the field about to play when I remembered my revy diddnt have any juice left in it ;)
Now if I had rechargeables I would be dead.. well not really becasue I would just buy more batteries anyway.. but you get my point :p

Jonno06
08-17-2002, 06:26 PM
hm..i should get some rechargeable batteries very soon,i hate buying new batterys every weekend

zads27
08-17-2002, 06:49 PM
Haven't seen the kingman javas, but personally I wouldn't buy them. They're almost definately just some other company's batteries, plus kingman's wrapping and added price for profit.

You can find the rechargables in many many places. 170mah.

And yes, it is mah.. not mha.

pito189
08-17-2002, 06:53 PM
You all have to change your batteries every weekend? I play every two weeks at the very least. I have been running the same batteries in my revvy now, for at least 2 months. Shooting at least a case everytime I go out.

Rechargables seem like a good idea, is there a way you can hook them up to cigarette lighter in your car?

sniper1rfa
08-17-2002, 09:16 PM
java are plainview batteries, albiet a little more expensive.
i personally use MAHAcell 8.6 160 mah, that usually test out to 10 volts. i have seen planviews test at 12 volts, though it drops back down to ten with any load. my betteries go to 8.6.

plainview are definately superior batteries.

xmetal2001
08-17-2002, 10:32 PM
Energizer, and on occasion i pull out the duracells. :D

xtreme paintball
08-17-2002, 11:47 PM
Hey Jonno...every weekend? Don't you turn your hopper off before you put it away?

Anyway, I've been using Duracells. I've had my revvy since Christmas and I've only changed one battery(other one's still full though...hmm). I use Duracells for everything. In my experience, they're the longest lasting.

kevdupuis
08-17-2002, 11:50 PM
And here I am using no name brand stick it to your tongue if it jolts it's good batteries.