PDA

View Full Version : Running out of carriers

Load SM5
08-17-2002, 10:06 PM
Ok when I first got my level 10 I was running the shortest spring with a 2.0 carrier. I got my new reg piston in and got it all working but this time with the 1.0 before it would'nt leak down the barrel. While I was playing today I noticed it developed a small barrel leak again during a game. After the game I went and replaced the carrier again with a .5. The rest of the day was flawless but when I aired up my gun again after getting home to shoot some oil through it, sure enough a small leak. After checking every other possibility I could think of I put in the 0 carrier and everything is fine now. Obviously if this keeps up I have no where to go. What am I missing?

personman
08-18-2002, 10:24 AM
If it leaks again, you should probally call up AGD and eaither have them make up a custom carrier or talk to someone thats a tech.

RT-Rockin
08-18-2002, 09:36 PM
Try switching the o-ring. I'm assuming you're using the same "broken-in" o-ring in the different carriers. Maybe you just need to try a different one and hope the tolerances of the ring are different enough to support a wider array carrier choices for you.

Rockin

08-19-2002, 04:17 PM
on my friends emag that i threw a lvl 10 kit on w/ nerobro. it got the #0 carrier right off the bat.

BlackVCG
08-19-2002, 06:40 PM
How many shims are you using. I've had ones that leak a bit and then stop leaking and I'll change the carrier and they'll stop leaking and then start leaking again later in the day to end up finding out that it needed a shim removed.

Also, the latest batch of o-rings are too large, thus needing a small carrier to size them down. If you have some RT Reg. seats that have been sitting in your RT parts kits or in your tool box, try those, they might be smaller.

Load SM5
08-19-2002, 07:12 PM
I'm running 2 shims, I'll butcher my RT kit for an o-ring and try it out after the locktite dries. Also the 0 carrier has begun to leak so something else is definately up.