PDA

View Full Version : X-ray and e-mag electronics

Vampire
08-18-2002, 06:30 AM
Hi ppl.

My friend gonna get an e-mag for me shortly, hence the question - will x-ray or magnetic fields of airoport security scanners damage e-mag's electronics? Heard some rumors about possibility of flash/eprom erasure... Will hate to get the softwareless gun here where bears walk around the Red Square at night eating up all AGD techies.

:)

Gleb L. Mitin
Russian Federation

a_malfunction
08-18-2002, 08:52 AM
I suppose that is a possiblity, but I havent ever heard of that happening. I wouldnt worry about it.

Evil Bob
08-18-2002, 01:40 PM
I've taken my EMag through airport scanners and x-rays easily 2 dozen times without any ill effects. Not sure if I'm just lucky or not but it hasn't been an issue. If a laptop can go through and x-ray an survive intact, I wouldn't worry about your EMag getting hosed.

-Evil Bob

Havoc_online
08-18-2002, 03:54 PM
do they even x-ray the bags you check-in? I know they x-ray your carry-on's but your not suposed to carry an Emag on the plane anyway....:confused:

Evil Bob
08-18-2002, 04:24 PM
All checked luggage goes through an xray and other detection equipment once it's out of your sight. This prevents people for checking a bomb onto the plane.

I have had the ground crew pull me off of the flight to see what kind of paintball marker I had.

In fact, one flight from the UK, we were held up for 30 minutes because the ground crew had me assembling my EMag and describing how it works, they wanted to see it all put together. Two of the security personel (1 male, 1 female) showed me their welts they had gotten playing paintball the day before, they were n00bs and totally hooked.

For this reason alone, I pack my marker in a case by itself in the event that I have to open the case to show local security, then I won't be showing them my underwear.

-Evil Bob