PDA

View Full Version : Wildfire's first tourney

Clare
08-18-2002, 09:34 PM
Today was our first tourney as Wildfire, we were the only girls there, and pretty much our first time even playing together and we managed to place first in the rookie division (but also played against open division teams). Woohoo! :D We all live atleast several hours away from each other and play on other teams but we decided to just sign up for a tourney and see what happened! It was awesome! :D Though on Saturday we walked the fields and pretty much organized everything within the team. We had 6 players with the alternate (one other girl wasnt able to show up). We even had 2 guys as our "Pod Squad" filling pods, doing air fills, cleaning masks..that was pretty awesome too. hehe. Anyway, we were really proud that we were able to pull it off and will actually practice with each other first before entering any other tourneys. hehe. We also played some guys from a local radio station and mopped the floor with them both games (plus, we were on the radio too!). :D

btw, thanks again to Patron God of Pirates for our Wildfire logo

Clare
08-18-2002, 09:35 PM
we had just gotten to the field (the only one not in the last pic was Amy who is on the far left)

the jerseys were sponsored thanks to National Paintball Supply

Clare
08-18-2002, 09:37 PM
our "Pod Squad" (I adorned them in AGD stickers) :D

Clare
08-18-2002, 09:40 PM
off the break

Clare
08-18-2002, 09:47 PM
we were planning our precise attack :p

Gitaroo Man
08-18-2002, 09:49 PM
cool great job. thanks for the pics

RTMAGBOY13
08-18-2002, 09:56 PM
ooooo look at all the ladies ;)

Clare
08-18-2002, 10:01 PM
here's a better pic of everyone (after I hurt my knee I decided to stay as a backer)

SlipknotX556
08-18-2002, 10:07 PM
Great Job girls, thanks for the pics.

Jonno06
08-18-2002, 10:24 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

woah,i wanna be on ur pod squad:(

oh well,good job,and nice pics:)

btw,howd u hurt ur knee,and are you ok?hope u didnt hurt urself too bad:(

hubadlatimmy
08-18-2002, 10:34 PM
how can you even deny it CaPoEiRa rules!

Cliffio
08-18-2002, 10:50 PM
nice, but what kind of pants are those??

any of those ladies shoot an angel:)
just thought i would ask:)

Cliff

Arturus
08-18-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio
nice, but what kind of pants are those??

Cliff

Pretty sure they're DYE pants.

Brian68mag
08-18-2002, 10:57 PM
Yea they are core devision pants.
Great job girls :)

AGD
08-18-2002, 11:07 PM
Nice job ladies!! :) :)

AGD

Clare
08-18-2002, 11:30 PM
Thanks everyone! :D

btw,howd u hurt ur knee,and are you ok?hope u didnt hurt urself too bad
it really wasn't a big deal, I just couldn't kneel down too well after getting bunkered and had a nice fat welt on my knee then soon after hitting it against a stake holding one of the sup air bunkers down :rolleyes:

any of those ladies shoot an angel
yes, actually 4 of the girls have an angel, one has a cocker, and my emag

Jonno06
08-19-2002, 05:06 AM
wow 4angel shooters...get them on AO and convert them all to emags!!!!!!!!

muahahahaha

glad your ok..

JEDI
08-19-2002, 09:11 AM
Hey Capo, good luck with the team. I always like the pics of you laying the paint. It always makes me cringe thinking back to AO day in jersey. You're one mean lady!

gatorchris
08-19-2002, 11:08 AM
Congrats on the day of playing Capo, I didnt get to officially meet you but I was playing with Jak Gear. I meant to but the (back to back) x 12 games kept me busy refilling and going to the next field. I did have a ball meet you though ;), I got a blind shot on you I think our first game, you were in the right 30 triple stack, behind faith in the 50. Good to see you girls pull together a squad that can ball, hopefully you can keep it together and get better. Only fault I saw was you all hit your bunkers and stayed there, gotta move or everyone will move around you and close down your lanes. Good luck with it.

Clare
08-19-2002, 11:25 AM
It always makes me cringe thinking back to AO day in jersey. You're one mean lady!

lol, that's funny but I'm not "mean" :)

Only fault I saw was you all hit your bunkers and stayed there, gotta move or everyone will move around you and close down your lanes.
Hi gatorchris! I didn't really talk to anyone from Jak Gear except for one guy and I don't remember his name anymore :(. oh and yeah that was one of the team's faults..I think the problem was that we hadn't played with each other before and therefore didn't know how much to trust each other's cover fire and playing. Like in one game against you all, there were 2 guys from Jak Gear (one coming from the left and right) that were about to bunker me and I thought that one of our girls (who was on the back right dorito) would take the guy on the left out and I would focus on the one coming from the right. But it didn't happen and I got lit up from the left side all up my back (and by that, I'm not saying she's a bad player cause she's awesome). :D Anyway, once we practice with each other there won't be a problem fixing that at all. We were just there to have fun and see what happened. :) Thanks for the advice though and hope to be able to talk to you next time :p

spacemanspiff
08-19-2002, 11:41 AM
Sweet job. Chicks rule:cool:

gatorchris
08-19-2002, 11:54 AM
Trust is important, but I wouldnt rely on just practice to build it. Jak Gear was a mix of basically 5 teams players, and only two guys were from the same team. You have to trust everyone's skills more than their personalities. When you walk the fields, discuss your bumps and whos responsible for what lanes. After that commit to them and do it, if someone gets hosed you discuss it after and fix it. It will come along, Faith is a great player, and Tara is a pretty competent backer, just have to communicate and ball. We were surprised with your fifty run on the break our first game, our break really didnt have a shooter with an angle on that lane, so we went back and fixed it. Cant stick to one plan all day, you have to adjust and keep teams on their heels. Are you planning on practicing soon? If so let me know where, I can probably get my team down there to help out.

Clare
08-19-2002, 12:03 PM
Trust is important, but I wouldnt rely on just practice to build it. Well,considering that we had just met the day before and weren't aware what each other's strong points were I'd say that trust would have been a big factor in this case. We were planning on playing together on saturday but it never happened. :)

When you walk the fields, discuss your bumps and whos responsible for what lanes.
that's true, we talked it out for a while on saturday and right before we played on Sunday and some of us did switch positions. I stayed in the back for several games after my knee was really bothering me..since I felt that I couldn't tuck into a bunker or run as fast I could anymore. :(

Are you planning on practicing soon?
we are but not sure when, I'll be sure to let you know when I find out. :)

Mango
08-19-2002, 12:28 PM
WOOT!!!! CHICKS RULE!! http://atypically.net/smilies/breathefire.gif There's your smiley mascot!!!!

btw: How bout my Extreme plus cash for that E-Rebel you won?! haha
:D

Riotz
08-19-2002, 12:28 PM
Good job!

Don't let her fool you. She is really mean, evil even. :p :D

hehe

Clare
08-19-2002, 12:30 PM
btw: How bout my Extreme plus cash for that E-Rebel you won?! haha
NEVER!!

:p

HarryM
08-19-2002, 04:11 PM
Great job ladies!

It's really awesome to see a group of girls
get it together so quick for a competition!
Your certainly an inspiration to all the lady teams out there...keep it goin!!

Harry
AGD Lions

Clare
08-19-2002, 11:30 PM
Don't let her fool you. She is really mean, evil even.

hey! I can't believe I let that slip by without me seeing it the first time! punk! :P

Your certainly an inspiration to all the lady teams out there...keep it goin!!

Thanks a lot :)

Riotz
08-20-2002, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
hey! I can't believe I let that slip by without me seeing it the first time! punk! :P

teehee, what? ::innocent look::

shartley
08-20-2002, 07:12 AM
Great job Gals... Keep up the good work!

cphilip
08-20-2002, 08:00 AM
Sugar and spice my behind!!!! :(

Congrats Gals!

Clare
08-20-2002, 02:08 PM
lol, thanks!

btw, I forgot to mention that one of the teams was blatantly cheating. I decided to sit one game out and watch with the "pod squad". We were standing right in front of one the players from the other team. We saw an obvious hit on his shoulder and he just wiped it off. He didn't even try to be sneaky about it. I yelled at the ref to come over and he never did. Needless to say, that same guy ran up and bunkered two of our girls and they hung the flag. Afterwards I found out from one of the refs that 2 other players were playing on with obvious hits but the refs didn't see it during the game. If they're not going to play the game right then they shouldn't be playing at all. I can't stand cheaters.

dre1919
08-20-2002, 02:19 PM
Excellent job ladies! Cap, you and your band of paintball temptresses will have the competition in Texas running scared before you know it. I've said it before, I'll say it again. There's nothing scarier than a woman with a gun and a fast trigger finger. Keep it up!!

cphilip
08-20-2002, 02:35 PM
...I can't stand cheaters.

And I believe that extends to many other things too. hear that Havoc? ;)

Me neither!!!! :mad:

Mango
08-20-2002, 02:41 PM
http://atypically.net/smilies/chainsaw.gif

Thats all I have to say about cheaters.... :mad:

Clare
08-20-2002, 03:02 PM
here's one of us between games :D

Vern1
08-20-2002, 03:26 PM
Greetings,
Not too long ago at a PE or Ten In Texas, I remember Amanda talking with her dad about an all Lady team and I suggested they contact Clare.
I don't remember if they had already talked to her or not, but GOOD JOB LADIES!
Are you going to make the 3 "person" Adrenaline Cup on Sept 29th?
It would be cool to see ya "spank" some of the local "boy" teams!
Info at www.mixed-nutz.com

Havoc_online
08-20-2002, 03:34 PM
And I believe that extends to many other things too. hear that Havoc? phil, not on my life...

Clare
08-20-2002, 06:57 PM
Are you going to make the 3 "person" Adrenaline Cup on Sept 29th?

Hi Mr. Petty! I will let them know of that 3 "person" tourney..unfortunately I will be in Florida for that weekend. :(

skankin' pickles
08-21-2002, 01:05 PM
hey clair, sup black belt. :)

thanks for all the pictures, they look good. BUT, everybody listen....
that last pic.... the "between rounds" one.... i have an orange in my mouth. that's why... yeah.

and gatorchris or whatever, which guy were you on the jak gear team? they guy that bunkered me last game? when i was in that lay down with tasha?

oh, and fyi, i was the one who shot the cheater guy.... i hope he feels bad.

whatever. it's all in fun.

Clare
08-21-2002, 01:08 PM
Girl!! I know you didn't just mispell the shortened form of my name cause I've seen you spell it right!! :p hehe jk
*cough*CLARE*cough*

it's about time you signed up on AO! Everyone meet the beautiful and talented Faith! :D

gatorchris
08-21-2002, 01:48 PM
I was the tall guy from BMX, no I didnt bunker anyone, was playing back all day. I did manage to get in the wall in our last game against you, that was the only time I moved past the 50 on both fields. I was really tryin to get a bunker on that carphonics guy in our last game with them but he wouldnt look off me long enough for me to go. Guess he knew it was coming :D

skankin' pickles
08-21-2002, 03:36 PM
ohmigosh, CLARE! so sorry, my bad.... please don't send me to the fifty. :)

and gatorguy, i wish you would'a done that guy, bummer.

next time!

Clare
08-23-2002, 11:48 PM
hehe, I was just messing with ya, Faith!

Clare
08-24-2002, 10:33 PM
I just got these pics from Amanda

Clare
08-24-2002, 10:34 PM
blah

Clare
08-24-2002, 10:35 PM
getting ready :)

Clare
08-24-2002, 10:40 PM
Amanda

Clare
08-24-2002, 10:46 PM
Amy

Clare
08-24-2002, 10:50 PM
Faith

Gunga
08-25-2002, 10:01 PM
I'm not quite sure what I'm doing in this pic

I think you're wondering what you're gonna do with all that bunker! It's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge next to you, noodle arms! :D

Clare
08-25-2002, 10:03 PM
you're so dead next time we play xsock, ms. piggy!

Gunga
08-25-2002, 10:05 PM
you're so dead next time we play xsock, ms. piggy!

Bring it on!! I ain't afraid!!

Well, not too much anyway. ;)

Dayspring
08-25-2002, 10:50 PM
If you look in your hand, you have a disposable camera. Playing Kreskin here, I will use my amazing mental power to determine what you are doing. I bet you were taking a picture of something. ;)

BTW- if you look in the picture of Amy, the guy in the back is guarding the jewels... Just a funny pose. That's all ;)

I'm not quite sure what I'm doing in this pic

Cliffio
08-26-2002, 12:26 AM
angels own:)

also, i am not ashamed to say that i have a pink headband similar to that one that i wear religiously

Cliff

Mango
08-26-2002, 12:22 PM
Look at her face, she's saying "YIPPY SKIPPY!" hahahahahahah!! :D right gunga?

Sledgehammer
08-26-2002, 01:05 PM
Congrats ladies, nice job!

Oh and welcome to AO Faith!
(Faith like the evil Vampire-Slayer?) :D :p

spacemanspiff
08-26-2002, 03:13 PM
Oh Kirmey :D :p

Clare
08-26-2002, 07:36 PM
Look at her face, she's saying "YIPPY SKIPPY!" hahahahahahah!! right gunga?

or maybe I'm saying "Hiiiii-YAH!" or "oops!" right Gunga? :p

Riotz
08-26-2002, 08:03 PM
Hey Gunga, right? :D :p

yeahthatsme
09-10-2002, 07:46 PM
congrats ladies.

Wc Keep
09-11-2002, 10:54 AM
did anyone else notice how gigantic those jerseys are on them. they get shot all the do is bend slightly and the paint vanishes or it doesnt break at all. i think maybe capo was the one cheating playing on with obvious hits and just covering them with the excess of her jersey....

ogre55
09-11-2002, 11:35 AM
Hey Keep:

Those sound like fightin' words to me. I hope she doesn't get you in her sights on the next AO day.

I've seen her wreck serious havok on the field so I'd hate to be in your shoes right now.

:D

Ogre

ShooterJM
09-11-2002, 11:51 AM
Today was our first tourney as Wildfire, we were the only girls there, and pretty much our first time even playing together and we managed to place first in the rookie division (but also played against open division teams). Woohoo! :D

Here are most of us the night before the tourney
(from left- me, faith, tasha, tara, and amanda)

Congratulations! Good luck in future endeavours!

On a side note, I have a problem. Anytime I hear the name "Faith" that stupid George Michael song goes through my head. :(

Patron God of Pirates
09-11-2002, 12:39 PM
Congrats Ladies! I for one am very pleased to hear that. I hope you keep us up to date on all your tourney success.

When I did the logo for Cap all I asked is that you win, looks like you're living up to your end of the bargain. :)

Welcome to AO Faith. The forum, and paintball in general, has a serious babe shortage.

Wc Keep
09-11-2002, 01:21 PM
whenever i hear the word faith i think of laura fabien i will love again:confused: .

ogre: i have slight beefs to pick with a couple of people from the last ao day. one being hello kitty and the other being spankdaddys. nothing personal just i know that i can easily beat capo in a one on one with only a half a hopper of paint..........

j/k

Clare
09-11-2002, 02:11 PM
did anyone else notice how gigantic those jerseys are on them.

We didn't have a choice..they were sponsored jersies (given to us right before the tourney) and the smallest we got was an XL up to XXXL so yes they were a tad big. Cheating? nothing I hate worse. I'm not sure if you're joking or not but either way don't accuse me of cheating.

I've seen her wreck serious havok on the field
Thanks! :D

Anytime I hear the name "Faith" that stupid George Michael song goes through my head
I do the same thing too, don't worry. :p

looks like you're living up to your end of the bargain.
:D :D

nothing personal just i know that i can easily beat capo in a one on one with only a half a hopper of paint
oh really? interesting :D

Snapps
09-11-2002, 03:41 PM
hey do u have any tips for people who are about to enter their first tourny with a pretty new team, capo?

Clare
09-11-2002, 03:59 PM
Sure I do! :D

I pm'ed you

ShooterJM
09-11-2002, 04:15 PM

I do the same thing too, don't worry. :p

:D :D

Good it's not just me! Originally I had typed out the first line or two of the verse, but figured neither of you two know me at all, so it probably would be taken in the wrong light! ;) Anyway, congrats again!

Doobie
09-11-2002, 04:40 PM
HEY TOM! Here is a good oportunity to sponsor a Female team. Get in on the ground floor!

BTW, great job Capo and Friends! My wifes broken leg is healing and she should be able to play at full speed next time we go. We are going to try and find a 3 man tourny to start with. I'm all for women in Paintball. Heck I married one!
(Doobie does his lucky boy dance...)

Wc Keep
09-11-2002, 06:44 PM
i was just kidding about you guys cheating i totally understand were you stand on cheating.

notice the bunch of periods followed by the j/k after that comment i swear im just kidding on that one.

Clare
09-12-2002, 12:37 AM
don't worry about it, wckeep

wasn't sure if you were kidding or not (didn't see a jk on that first post) but I take being accused of cheating seriously :)

skankin' pickles
09-20-2002, 08:02 PM
we wanna come practice in Austin in the next few weeks for Cup... you wanna come? and where do you think we should play? any info. would be very great.

thanks babe, and hey, are you playing @ Cup?

faith ...... sorry that song or whatever is running in your head now...........:rolleyes: