PDA

View Full Version : Harness snag...

Duke Henry
08-19-2002, 10:26 AM
I currently run a JT Slampack setup and I absolutely love it. Anyway, I was wondering what my options are if I wanted to add pods. Why do I want to add pods? Well, for a scenario game coming up which will be around 5 hours and I want to limit the time I have to spend during this time getting refills and whatnot...I suppose I may also need the pods in future tourneys, but not yet...

Now, I see two options:

1. Get another slampack and add it to the current one, and have a 4.4 JT pack.

2. Get another pack that will hold the Speed Pods semi-snugly so that they will not fall out, and is also horizontal.

Any recommendations?

nutz
08-19-2002, 10:31 AM
get another slam pack or use some duct tape

Thordic
08-19-2002, 10:35 AM
Jacko makes add-on pod holders. You just attach them to whatever pack you are using now. I think they come in 2 packs for like $15 or something.

the123
08-19-2002, 11:30 AM
Duke, I am having the same problem, just with a different pack. I think the best solution is to try to find the elsatic straps that are used on other popular packs has extra pod holders. I think they could be easily sewn on by a female.
I'm looking to make an 8+1 into a 14+1 :)

Duke Henry
08-19-2002, 12:51 PM
I suppose I could just go to a clothing/fabric store and get some elastic type material and just sew on the loops onto the slam pack. I will have to look at my slam pack, but I don't know if there will be any good places to sew it on to. I will have to check.

I will also check out the Jacko idea. I thought their add on straps only worked for Jacko packs, but I will investigate. Thanks everyone.

Thordic
08-19-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Duke Henry
I will also check out the Jacko idea. I thought their add on straps only worked for Jacko packs, but I will investigate. Thanks everyone.

When I saw them, they just looked like they had velcro loops on them that would fit on pretty much any pack.

hitech
08-19-2002, 04:14 PM
Look into one of these:

http://www.topstitch.net/hpacks.html

They are supposed to be very high quality.

Jonno06
08-19-2002, 04:22 PM
uhm....

well,in a scenerio i doubt you will stay in the game long enough to use 4 pods.....

not in a tourny either(unless ur back,u dont need all those...MAYBE mid)

DiRTyBuNNy
08-19-2002, 05:55 PM
I've got a horziontal pack from Top Stitch..and I love it..it's my favorite pack ever...