PDA

View Full Version : New Forum caveat...

cledford
08-19-2002, 01:43 PM
I've already seen a couple of posts with "which is best product in this, that or the other category."

I'm thinking that we need a sticky that states that we're only going to run tests and post comprehensive reviews, not advise individuals on which product is the "best choice" for their given situation - especially on a moments notice.

I'm again going to suggest that once we've completed all formal testing and written the review that a separate "official" sticky thread be put up and locked - so that site visitors can quickly find what we've accomplished.

Our first mission should be the Crossfire reg. I'm still trying to get the patent number for the "floating chip" method that Chris Havlock states is the secret to the consistency. (Called him today, but he didn't have his own patent handy...) This evening I plan on posting some ideas on getting the review rolling. In the mean time it would be a good idea to get together everyone's ideas for how to conduct the testing.

-Calvin

orangejulius
08-19-2002, 09:34 PM
first what we could do. Is we take a bunch of the regs say ACI, PMI and AA. Reverse engineer then my taking them apart document and diagram everything and there internal parts in a exploded sheet. Then we take the Crossfire reg apart reverse engineer it and see whats different from it if Anything and we start from there? hows that sound?

Cristobal
08-19-2002, 11:49 PM
Looking on Have Blue's patently absurd (http://airsoldier.com/~haveblue/tech/patents/index.html) page, I found this patent listed for the Crossfire reg: US6056006

Looking it up on the USPTO page I find that it lists the following:

United States Patent 6,056,006
Hagerty May 2, 2000

=Inventors: Hagerty; Phillip J. (Marshall, MI)
Assignee: Marshall Excelsior Company (Marshall, MI)
Appl. No.: 223099
Filed: December 30, 1998

It doesn't say Havlock, but in briefly skiming it I see it talks about some sort of "floating seal"

SSMercury
08-20-2002, 09:55 AM
In reference to the first post, not "the best" is even the best for everyone.

Muzikman
08-22-2002, 10:45 AM
Hmm...Floating Chip...If I am not mistaken it sounds a lot like the way the Palmer Stab works with the floating seal. I might just have to read the patent to see...