PDA

View Full Version : laws are so annoying

BajaBoy
08-19-2002, 02:09 PM
jeez, i want to my local pro shop today and asked to buy some zap paint.. the i think comp. stuff? im not really sure, but he said he cant sell it to me b-c i had all my gear on and thought i was headin up to jack frost. And he was like yea the law is that we cant sell the same paint that a field uses within 200miles.. im like then why do u stock it? he said he said him and his kid uses it.. i dont think this was cool at all, if they say they got it would they have to sell it? (maybe) lol

anyway now i lost a day of play bc i looked at there other crap.. was worse then brasseagle.. and way over priced diablo

if that law is true then.. omg i dont know what to say
its paintball.. not freakin like drugs or real ammo for an m-16:mad:

Halliday
08-19-2002, 02:18 PM
Law? Never heard of it here in Iowa. I can think of 2 fields and 1 store within a 50 mi radius that all sell the same brand paint as each other.

Law? Doubt it. Special deal with the field? ;)

tranman
08-19-2002, 02:20 PM
There is no way that is a REAL law. You couldn't get arrested or get a fine for that. Its probably the field's rule that you can only use field paint only, even if the paint looks identical. Its the only way fields can really make money, by not allowing people to buy other paint at cheap prices and to force you to buy their field paint.

HoppysMag
08-19-2002, 02:54 PM
well some paint companys will sel you as a field or store a color of paint that they will not sell to anyone else with in a certain distance... this might be that case... cause my field was looking into Severe field paint as our field paint and they do that policy but i donno about it being a law...

Crazy
08-19-2002, 02:54 PM
Paint distributers can offer there fields this such deal. Like lets say "pro paintball" buys paint from diablo, diablo can offer a deal to them that they are the only ones to sell that color paint within 200 miles of that area. so its not really a law, just a broken contract.

personman
08-19-2002, 03:24 PM
Thats stupid.
I can think of 3 fields within 100 miles of eachother that can sell the same paint.. lmao

50 cal
08-19-2002, 03:34 PM
Probably just a professional courtesy. Keeps people from buying paint at one store, going to a field that uses the same stuff and playing for next to nothing. It happens all the time in the business world. Get use to it.

HoppysMag
08-19-2002, 03:38 PM
Thats stupid.
I can think of 3 fields within 100 miles of eachother that can sell the same paint.. lmao

not all paint is like this and the paint that is is normaly a spacific color shell IE field 1 might have shell color blue of brand X wher as 30 miles away field 2 has the shell color orange of brand X paint, but no store/field can sell those colors besides the fields they are registered to...

magman007
08-19-2002, 05:20 PM
you shouldnt have been aboe to buy it any ways. I believe in pa you have to be 18 to purchase paint. at least thats the few shops near my house

ben_JD
08-19-2002, 07:39 PM
That is probably not a law, but a contractual agreement with the paint distributor to prevent two outlets from competing against one another. There is little reason for the government to get involved at that level of the stream of commerce.

BajaBoy
08-19-2002, 08:14 PM
yea i dont care much about it.. but can all u honsly say that u like paying 200$ for 2cases of paint? its not worth it in the leased and i dont care what anyone sez, well ok maybe if it was hellfire. But its ZAP and 32*.. come on they cant get no cheaper.. and with comps around here guess what we cant use "good/awesome" paint bc there greaty.. i would spend 200 on paint for a torni and if it was good.. but im 15 with a part time job.. love paintball and great at it but the prices (im not being gay about this) only reason im like what the heck is because im here in nj.. tring to buy paint.. and closest field is jackfrost witch is maybe hour n a half away

and the field near buy (paintball depot) uses pro ball.. not zap

I can really say these people are ____ up.. no n2 (bc they say it sux) their chargen like i think 500+ for mini mags.. 700+ for a micro.. so i think u get the point lol

raehl
08-19-2002, 08:20 PM
Then don't.

No one is required to let you play paintball at their field for the prices you want to pay them. Nor is it reasonable to expect people to let you play on their field if yu're not going to pay them for it - whether it be through markup on paint or entry fees or whatever. If you're not going to pay for the field, it isn't going to be there. Why the hell should someone invest thousands of hours of time and thousands of dollars of their own money to develop a paintball field and then let you play for free?

If you don't want to pay for someone else to do it (and pay the rate they're willing to work for), your only recourse is to do it yourself.

- Chris

InfinatyBPS
08-19-2002, 10:13 PM
Ya, but if they are charging, $100 for a case of paint and $20 for entree and $10 for air, you realy think that they are going to stay around that way either? The cheapest day of play with a full case around here is $90. If it weren't for this place I could rarly play paintball... There is another feild that charges $120 a case for feild paint, and $30 for admission and $15 for air but if you buy paint you get free air. And I think thats rediculous, if it weren't for their BYOP policy nobody except sponsored teams could ever play there. Of course nobody is forcing them to pay the price, but is it realy that hard to sell service/products at reasonable prices? They get 32* paint for about $30 from the manufacture(just a guess scince they are $40-50 to the public) and then they charge $100 for a case? thats $70 profit, thats also $70 from money that we would use to play. And then they probably charge a feild fee of $10-$20 +air. Thats just crazy, and they are just beeing greedy. It would be just as easy to actualy CARE about the players and chage $60 for paint(already double what they paid for paint) and $20 for admission, and $10 for air. It makes it affordable for alot more people. I don't know about you but if I could goto a feild like the 1st one i talked about or one like the 2nd one, I would go for the 2nd one. Ok... enough of my rambling now...

raehl
08-19-2002, 10:24 PM
You don't know what "Reasonable" is. Reasonable is not what you want to pay for it. Reasonable is what other people will pay for it. You said it yourself when you said that if it wern't for the place charging $90/case, you wouldn't have anywhere else to play - and that's what they're charging for. If there are enough people out there willing to pay the prices to keep them in business, it's your problem if you're not willing to pay. Not necesarily nice, but that's the harsh reality.

If you really think they're drastically overcharging, start your own field and undercut them and make a killing doing it. More than likely you'll have just as tough a time making your ends meet as they do.

- Chris

Restola
08-19-2002, 10:36 PM
Simple solution:

-Dont shop at that store
-Dont play at that field

If enough people find it as annoying as you do buisnesses will start hurting, even disapearing, and the rules will change.

WE HAVE THE POWER BABY!

RTrampage
08-19-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by tranman
There is no way that is a REAL law. You couldn't get arrested or get a fine for that. Its probably the field's rule that you can only use field paint only, even if the paint looks identical. Its the only way fields can really make money, by not allowing people to buy other paint at cheap prices and to force you to buy their field paint.

If the stores can make money selling the paint at that price then why cant the feilds ?

Kaiser Bob
08-19-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by BajaBoy
yea i dont care much about it.. but can all u honsly say that u like paying 200$ for 2cases of paint? its not worth it in the leased and i dont care what anyone sez, well ok maybe if it was hellfire. But its ZAP and 32*.. come on they cant get no cheaper.. and with comps around here guess what we cant use "good/awesome" paint bc there greaty.. i would spend 200 on paint for a torni and if it was good.. but im 15 with a part time job.. love paintball and great at it but the prices (im not being gay about this) only reason im like what the heck is because im here in nj.. tring to buy paint.. and closest field is jackfrost witch is maybe hour n a half away

and the field near buy (paintball depot) uses pro ball.. not zap

I can really say these people are ____ up.. no n2 (bc they say it sux) their chargen like i think 500+ for mini mags.. 700+ for a micro.. so i think u get the point lol

Paintball Depot has been using 32 degrees for a good 7-8 months now. They just got a shipment of TC Black shelled paint... ugh, I guess Dave doesnt care about the guys with Halos and guns with ACE lol

InfinatyBPS
08-19-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by raehl
You don't know what "Reasonable" is. Reasonable is not what you want to pay for it. Reasonable is what other people will pay for it. You said it yourself when you said that if it wern't for the place charging $90/case, you wouldn't have anywhere else to play - and that's what they're charging for. If there are enough people out there willing to pay the prices to keep them in business, it's your problem if you're not willing to pay. Not necesarily nice, but that's the harsh reality.

If you really think they're drastically overcharging, start your own field and undercut them and make a killing doing it. More than likely you'll have just as tough a time making your ends meet as they do.

- Chris

$90 not for the case, for an entire day of play with air. The case is only $70. and I have plenty of places to play, just not as cheap as that one. The other feilds charge way too much, but I noticed that the one I goto with good prices always has much more people there, including more tournament players. So having cheaper prices is getting them more money in the long run...