PDA

View Full Version : E-grip frames for automags?

Wickster
08-19-2002, 02:41 PM
I recently got back into paintball after a few years off and find that I would like an electronic marker, but don't like the price of what I would consider a good one and also don't want to see my automag collecting more dust. I heard of Booyah's e-grip frame, but also heard some bad reviews. Does anyone have practicial experience with that frame, or know of other ones that work? Is AGD going to make an e-grip frame for the automag? Thanks to all who answer.:)

BajaBoy
08-19-2002, 02:48 PM
agd makes the emag.. but a booyahh is fine if u know what your doing.. there are just some REALLY stupid people out there, and i know 1st hand i put my friends on and had it shooting perfect in 20mins

marley618
08-19-2002, 03:54 PM
The booyaah doesnt have a good reputation with mags. Everyone suggests the CenterFlag Hyperframe which most people have had no problems with.

PyRo
08-20-2002, 06:24 AM
The booyaa is luck. Either it will work with your mag, or it won't and will chew up your sear/bolt and cause leaks all over.

boomerfoxtrot
08-20-2002, 08:16 AM
it's hard on the sear... (I just sold my boo-yaah frame)
you can pick one up.. used for under $100... which is about $100 less then the centerflag...

any ELCD frame you put on your gun is going to be hard on your spring, and sear.... the mags where not built for that, so it's going to bang it up a bit.. but a sear and spring will cost you less then $30 for the two... and it's not like it does this in a week.. (6 months you'll need a new one)

I personaly don't like the elcd frames on the mags... get yourself a ReTro valve instead, much better AND it's tourny legal.

rjvemt1
08-20-2002, 09:37 AM
i have a hyperframe on my mag and i love! i havent shortstroked my mag since the day i put it on. im late for work ill tell you more about it later!:D

PyRo
08-20-2002, 06:09 PM
Just get an e-mag or a retro :)

puckmaster
08-20-2002, 06:24 PM
get an intelliframe and a retro. That would be better than an electronic grip frame. Or... get an e-mag if you have the money.