PDA

View Full Version : who's got their copy of LOTR?

wyn1370
08-19-2002, 03:53 PM
I got mine last wed. (stupid slow amazon, and I preordered) and I've seen it three times so far. What fun easter eggs have you found so far.
Right after frodo gets stabbed by the wraith, they stop in the forest and arwen finds them. If you look in the background you can see the trolls that bilbo ran into during the hobbit.

personman
08-19-2002, 03:57 PM
My mom snatched one at walmart the morning they came out, but not on purpose..
I got a stupid widescreen version :<

Oh well I watched it for the first time on my dvd rom, good movie..

gibby
Oh kewl! I got my copy but haven't found the time to sit down and relax. But once I do, I'll be sure to look out for it! :)

lopxtc
Look for the car driving in the background ... I believe its during the scene when the four hobbits bump into one another in the farmers field ...

*L*

Also if you wait till November, they are releasing the version with an extra hour of footage ... I also believe the rating will move from pg-13 to R due to extended fight scenes ...

Aaron

gibby
08-19-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by personman
My mom snatched one at walmart the morning they came out, but not on purpose..

Oh well I watched it for the first time on my dvd rom, good movie..

WIDESCREEN is what you want dude!! Widescreen let's you see more of the scene the way the director wanted you to. :)

wyn1370
08-19-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by personman
stupid widescreen? For a movie of this caliber and detail, widescreen is required. Watch it on a digital TV if you can, you'll be amazed by the amount of detail in the mass battles.

Originally posted by lopxtc
Also if you wait till November, they are releasing the version with an extra hour of footage ... I also believe the rating will move from pg-13 to R due to extended fight scenes ...
actually it's only 20-30 minutes, anyone have any ideas of what they'll add?

Dayspring
08-19-2002, 04:09 PM
Yup. Got mine.

Havoc_online
08-19-2002, 04:12 PM
I'm waiting till november for the special edition!

wyn1370
08-19-2002, 04:16 PM
I'll end up getting the special addition too, but for 17 bones, I figured it would more than cover the number of times I'd have to rent it knowing it was available.

Jonno06
08-19-2002, 04:37 PM
blah,my dads friend owns a bussiness called LOTF(lamb on the run)

what is the movie about? is it good?

ShooterJM
08-19-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370
actually it's only 20-30 minutes, anyone have any ideas of what they'll add?

I betcha at least 10 of the 30 min are going to be extended elf scenes. Particularlly when frodo first arrives and is still in the coma and when the fellowship is given their gifts by the lady of the wood (skipped entirely in the movie). Also I bet they'll set up gimli's falling in love with her. Those three things are kinda important later on. Prob a bit more on aragorn too.

lopxtc
08-19-2002, 04:55 PM
I had thought that Tom Bombadil (Spelling?) would have made a great scene to have in the movie ... the whole burrow setting would have been cool.

Aaron

TransMan
08-19-2002, 05:02 PM
I had thought that Tom Bombadil (Spelling?) would have made a great scene to have in the movie ... the whole burrow setting would have been cool.

Aaron
Well if you ask me they left out some of the best parts the Forest part and Tom were my Favorite and im still trying to understand Why Armen was in the damn thing to begin with I think ill give old Pete a call and ask him why he screwed up the movie.:mad:

ShooterJM
08-19-2002, 05:02 PM

Aaron

Hmmm forgot about that part. That would rule!

shartley
08-19-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Jonno06
blah,my dads friend owns a bussiness called LOTF(lamb on the run)

what is the movie about? is it good?
LOLROF

Lord Of The Rings. (Actually the Fellowship of the Ring. The first of the series of movies made after the books. Well first of the Live Action and Computer Animation movies… they were put out in cartoon form already. But these are MUCH better. :D)

Yes… Wide Screen is the only way to view this movie. If your screen makes it too small to view nicely… get a BIGGER TV. ;)

As my Wife just said when reading this thread…. “You know, some people will never be satisfied no matter what they get.” ;) All and all, I give this Movie an SHartley thumbs up….. http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

;):D:D:D

TransMan
08-19-2002, 05:17 PM
Dont get me wrong i enjoyed the movie but when someone(Peter Jackson) onpenly states that hes one of the most knowlegeable LOTR fans. Then you would thing he could make the movie Accurate and not have to have Liv Tyler in the movie as a love intrest for Aragorn and to get 13 year old boys excited. I guess you could say that im a firm believer im if your going to do somthing do it right.

than205
08-19-2002, 06:19 PM
It's a tie with Saving Private Ryan in my all time favorite movies ever. (I know improper grammer)

The first LOTR cartoon version in retrospect was ....
ahhhh!!!!! It just pales in comparision!!! I hated that awfull music in the first version.

BTW - Wide Screen is the way to go with any quality movie.

FutureMagOwner
08-19-2002, 08:20 PM
well think of it this way the movie is already 3 and a half hours long adding another 2 hours isnt gunna be exactly helpful for the movie(infact it would hurt it because who wants to sit watching even this good of a movie for 5+ hours) although they definantly needed tom bombadill.

"not the beard!"

PaintballSucka
08-19-2002, 11:26 PM
got FullScreen, MOVIE ROCKS, watch it every other day.

TransMan
08-20-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
well think of it this way the movie is already 3 and a half hours long adding another 2 hours isnt gunna be exactly helpful for the movie(infact it would hurt it because who wants to sit watching even this good of a movie for 5+ hours) although they definantly needed tom bombadill.

"not the beard!"
Ok yeah i know that leaving some stuff out didnt really bother me because i understand the time problems it would create but they didnt have to change the story

FutureMagOwner
08-20-2002, 07:16 AM
yeah we'll just have to wait for the deluxe and see if they put some more good stuff in :)

and im pissed now because my dvd got scratched by the ps2 and now skips part of moria! gahhhhhhhhh! and it must have been the ps2 because its only been in the case or the ps2!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

wyn1370
08-20-2002, 07:33 AM

Aaron
I can guarantee that Tom will not be in there. They never filmed anything with him. They had arwen take over his parts completely.
I agree that extended elf scenes are needed. But I would love to see more of the boat ride. With golum(SP) floating along and all you can see is two glowing lights.

vf-xx
08-20-2002, 08:27 AM
Haven't gotten mine yet, but I think i'll go testdrive a kia this weekend and get it for Free. :D :D

FutureMagOwner: are you running your PS2 in the vert or horizontal position? I've had some problems in vert, so i've taken to just using it in the horizontnal, that may make a difference.

Dayspring
08-20-2002, 08:58 AM
I agree. You HAVE to get widescreen versions. Why? Because it's in the aspect ratio that the film was shot in. Notice that the movie screen is rectangular? Not square like a TV. In order to fit the movie picture into the full screen version 1 of 2 things must be done- Pan and Scan-- move from one side of the frame to the other. Visually distracting. Or they just chop off the parts outside the screen.

Give me letterbox ANY DAY. It's how the movie was made and how it should be!

FutureMagOwner
08-20-2002, 05:20 PM
no im using horizontal theres a big scratch which ive seen on x-squad too which also doesnt work now :\ but atleast i think most of LOTR works besides its onl the part where they get the password and get in the mine not anything super important

PaInTbAlLeR476
08-20-2002, 05:42 PM
im still trying to convice my parents to test drive a kia(even though we dont want one) so we can get a FREE copy. im not gonna buy it. Ill take it free:)

Restola
08-20-2002, 06:00 PM
Look for the car driving in the background ... I believe its during the scene when the four hobbits bump into one another in the farmers field ...
rumor...not ture :/

Its a smoke stack

lopxtc
08-20-2002, 06:10 PM
From http://www.movie-mistakes.com ... and this guy does his research ...

In the scene where Sam and Frodo are in the field with the scarecrow, you can plainly see a car cruising past in the distance, from right to left. This holds the dubious distinction of being the first urban myth (of sorts) spawned by this site - some people swear blind there's a car there, others insist there's nothing at all. All I can say is watch it and make up your own mind. If there is a car, they'll delete it for the DVD release, so get in there quickly! Further comment - there are two different shots which show the car moving from right to left. One starts at the top right distance, and in a shot a few seconds later the car has travelled down the road a bit and is more easily visible. Complicating matters is that the dust thrown up by the car looks similar to smoke from a chimney in the right distance, making some people think it is just the chimney. But chimneys don't move, and the smoke from the chimney is separate from the moving vehicle.

And from what I saw in the theater, sure didnt look/act like a chimney ...

Aaron

Originally posted by Restola

rumor...not ture :/

Its a smoke stack

Restola
08-20-2002, 06:31 PM
If there is a car, they'll delete it for the DVD release, so get in there quickly!
They made it pretty clear they aren't fixing anything for (at least) the first DVD release. This includes dead Boromir blinking for example. That was certainly a pretty obvious mistake. I dont know why they would delete a "car" some people say is there, some people say isn't.

But of course I'm not Peter Jackson so I cant say for sure.

lopxtc
08-20-2002, 06:38 PM
This mistake, and its comment was originally posted shortly after the movie hit the theaters, and long before any info was posted about the DVD.

Aaron

Originally posted by Restola

They made it pretty clear they aren't fixing anything for (at least) the first DVD release. This includes dead Boromir blinking for example. That was certainly a pretty obvious mistake. I dont know why they would delete a "car" some people say is there, some people say isn't.

But of course I'm not Peter Jackson so I cant say for sure.

Restola
08-20-2002, 07:39 PM
and long before any info was posted about the DVD.
I'm lost...so if they aren't fixing the first known mistake, why would they fix a mistake that might not even be there?

From what I've heard all the mistakes will be on the dvd for us all to watch and wince at. I'll have to buy it someday and look for the chimney thing.

lopxtc
08-21-2002, 08:48 AM
Okay what I am saying is that the person who made that comment (about fixing the mistake), was only speaking in general. Lately people have thought the trend in DVD's was to fix little things that were found wrong in the movie before releasing the DVD. This person was speaking what he/she thought was going to happen before the announcement was made that the first LoTR:FoTR DVD release would be just like the theater release with nothing extra or edited.

I have the DVD, but was sent to KC before I could look at it in detail. Once I get home I will need to see if I can see it again also .... slightly different view though going from a movie screen to a 32" TV ...

Aaron