PDA

View Full Version : crossfire nitro question./leakage

mumbles000
08-19-2002, 04:09 PM
i have one of the crossfire screwin tanks. its 68" steel and no matter what i do it leaks a bit at the threads, and every time i get it filled they want me to take it off the gun so it starts leaking again.
now do they still make the screwon quick connects? if so i can locktite it onto the tank and it wont leak. or is there any other way to do it.
teflon tape and pipe dope dont always work,its messy and i dont always have it with me. and a spray bottel with me either to check for leaks.

magman007
08-19-2002, 05:16 PM
i had the same problem with my crossfire when i had it. WHat asa are you using? in mine, it was the o-ring splitting almost every time i screwed it on. I hope this helps

lillfroboy
08-19-2002, 05:20 PM
if you look inside the bonet ( its the part that screws into the gun if you take it off and and if the o-ring inside you will need to replace it

subbeh
08-19-2002, 05:23 PM
Try placing an oring inside the ASA before you insert the tank, and lube it up good. This may help with a lot of ASAs, it seals the tank a little earlier. It sounds like your pin is a tad too long, making air enter the ASA before your tank is fully screwed in. The oring should help this.

Mr. T!
08-19-2002, 06:54 PM
Swap ASA's and tell however fills your tank to stop taking it off your gun, there is no need, that is what the quick fill nipple is there for (among othere reasons).

mumbles000
08-19-2002, 07:38 PM
it leaks with different connectors.the orings seem to sloppy. and as soon as i screw it in it starts leaking so mabey i will put an o-ring in first and see.
thanks all